blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:37:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  KK played badly
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: KK played badly  (Read 2195 times)
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2006, 07:49:07 AM »

Playing the free roll on blonde last night and I had payed very tight this must have been 27 hands in and I had only played 2/3 hands.

I was even passing pocket pairs as I just never felt anything for them.

However blinds are 200/400.  I am in BB and it folds around to Zispin who is in last position he makes it 1k yto go.

I am holding   and re-raise all in and Zispin calls with AQ

I am favourite by a long way and he gets no help on flop or turn but managed to river an ace.

On reflection, I should have flat called and being ready to check raise flop or turn.

My read was thought on I suspected that Zispin had the AQ, AJ, QQ, JJ.

Damn, I hate it when I play what should have been a monster badly!!!

Wrigley

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 08:39:20 AM »

How big was your stack? I don't really see a problem with how you played it, I mean you got it in there with the best of it.
mikee_j

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 12:34:22 PM »

i think i would have played this the same way, but as wrigley asks, it would have depended on the size of the stack. if you were short stacked it was definately the right move imo, however if you had a larger stack i would be tempted to re-raise to say 2000 and see if an A comes on the flop, if not push in. but hey, i'm no expert

betfair: -Mikee-J-  fulltilt: MrMikeeJ
pokerstars: chelsea_1994
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 01:13:29 PM »

You definetly didnt play this hand badly, you got it in with the best. In the long run you would beat the AQ a large majority of times. There are arguments about how to play the Kings:

If you just raise a large amount and let people holding AK, AQ, AJ etc.. see a flop, and they miss, you can move all in and if you have enough chips, get them off the hand without letting them hit on the turn or river. BUT, in most cases they won't hit on the turn or river anyway so it is best to maximise profit by getting all the money in pre flop.

The main reasoning for this is because if they don't hit on the flop they should fold to your bet and therefore you may not have made a lot of money out of your hand, therefore not playing your cowboys to their full potential.

If you have a short stack you should always go all in with the kings, if you have a large stack just a raise, and then leave the hand if you see an Ace on the flop.

LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 01:33:32 PM »

I dont really understand why u think you played this hand badly...u have to take aggressive tactics with hands like this...but the fact your questioning yourself suggests you wanted to play it too passively, calling and 'checking' the flop is not an option,

you got all your money in with a 65% favourite, ul win it in the long run no worries.

LeKnave
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 06:00:25 PM »

I had 2700 chips above average for the table and Zispin had around 4k.

I didn't want to play it passively and although I got it in with the ebst hand Ir eckon Zispin could easily have out meon 77 through to JJ and he was probably thinking at worse he had two over cards.

I think had I let him see a flop and he misses and then push the rest of my chips in which would have been 1700 i reckon he would then have laid the hand down.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on the hand.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 08:13:56 PM »

I had 2700 chips above average for the table and Zispin had around 4k.

I didn't want to play it passively and although I got it in with the ebst hand Ir eckon Zispin could easily have out meon 77 through to JJ and he was probably thinking at worse he had two over cards.

I think had I let him see a flop and he misses and then push the rest of my chips in which would have been 1700 i reckon he would then have laid the hand down.

It would be interesting to know his thoughts on the hand.

If you had 2700 and had re-raised 1k more then you would have 700 back for the flop.

Just stick it in pre flop, it looks weaker.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 08:28:03 PM »

I had 2.7k

posted BB 400 Zispin mande it 1k to go if I only call thats another 600 and then I have 1.7k back, if he misses the flop then I reckon I can get him off it by putting it all in here.

Seems I am the only one that thinks I played this a bit dodgy, consensus seems to be that I did the right thing by getting it all in pre flop and just getting unlucky.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:32:09 PM »

I had 2.7k

posted BB 400 Zispin mande it 1k to go if I only call thats another 600 and then I have 1.7k back, if he misses the flop then I reckon I can get him off it by putting it all in here.

Seems I am the only one that thinks I played this a bit dodgy, consensus seems to be that I did the right thing by getting it all in pre flop and just getting unlucky.

Like i said you have 2700, you post 400, call a 600 raise and then IF you raise 1k, like you suggested then you would have 700 back.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 09:05:52 PM »

You definetly didnt play this hand badly, you got it in with the best. In the long run you would beat the AQ a large majority of times. There are arguments about how to play the Kings:

If you just raise a large amount and let people holding AK, AQ, AJ etc.. see a flop, and they miss, you can move all in and if you have enough chips, get them off the hand without letting them hit on the turn or river. BUT, in most cases they won't hit on the turn or river anyway so it is best to maximise profit by getting all the money in pre flop.

The main reasoning for this is because if they don't hit on the flop they should fold to your bet and therefore you may not have made a lot of money out of your hand, therefore not playing your cowboys to their full potential.

If you have a short stack you should always go all in with the kings, if you have a large stack just a raise, and then leave the hand if you see an Ace on the flop.

great post

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 09:46:50 PM »

great post

ya, good advice by BH.

LeKnave might want to work on his percentages tho

Blue text
ChipRich

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 10:16:39 PM »

hahaha, good work.

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 10:35:20 PM »

Sigh...

Why didn't I start playing poker a few years earlier?.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: