blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 12:07:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Is Blonde becoming spam city?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Blonde becoming spam city?  (Read 18654 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 23, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »

Incredibly, we have Members - well-known & hitherto respected ones - who are trying to rip off blonde, by covertly spamming their own sites & rakeback deals via blonde PM, or by stealing info from blonde Profiles for their own ends. (More of which later today).

Oooo goody a "who-dun-it"!! Is there a butler involved?

It was the one-armed man!

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 23, 2006, 04:34:15 PM »

am I missing something here?
I've just opened the main page of General Discussion, there are 50 topics.
2 of these are about the Blonde cardroom (1 of these is the 42nd topic and will probably drop off the front page soon)
1 is about the quiz league
1 is about the caption comp
err, that's it

of those 4 topics we have

1 informing us of freerolls on the site
1 promoting the league with added prizes available
2 competitions with prizes

so that's 4 out of 50, all of which are offering us all either something for free or added value to tournies.

hardly spamming is it?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
bundle

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 23, 2006, 04:35:39 PM »

How the hell can anyone complain about BLONDE, advertising a BLONDE event, at the BLONDE poker room, on the BLONDE forum?

Am i missing something?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 23, 2006, 04:36:39 PM »

i enjoy the forum immensly, just worried theres too many people trying to make a killing from it, thats all, breaking even is the main objective of every business, which blondepoker has become.

"too many people making a killing".....!

You jest, surely. Read my Posts in this thread, & tell me who's making a killing, please.

Breaking even? I wish, I bloody well wish. Breaking even would be like "getting out of trouble" on the last race at the Cheltenham Festival - unexpected, but a massive relief!

Quite frankly, if I could get my investment in blonde back, ever, I'd be mightily surprised.

Making a killing indeed, now you are winding me up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 23, 2006, 04:41:51 PM »

Would it not make sense to maybe add a child board to the internet poker forum for all BPL stuff?

In due course, that's the plan. But there is much more Traffic on the GD board & we felt that to give the Cardroom the best chance to succeed, we'd allow it to stay on GD for a while, then move it across to IP when it's becomes  established.

The sooner it's established, the sooner we will move it across.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2006, 04:42:39 PM »

, yes promoting their events happens but I dont really consider this as spam more as an reminder to get involved in the community and  help with the running costs.

oink oink

I think Red has given that one the credibility it merits.

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 23, 2006, 04:43:11 PM »

I like it pretty much the way it is. Where else can you get free poker advice and discuss a variety of different things.  Ok, there are lots of other forums. But none are as friendly, helpful and share as strong a community spirit as Blonde does. I fully understand if the organisers want to highlight the forthcoming Blonde events. As I play at the Blonde site, I find this helpful. Although I did miss the League event last night.  Please present it in a scrolling Nemesis style post next time. That way I cant forget about it.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 23, 2006, 04:46:33 PM »

I like it pretty much the way it is. Where else can you get free poker advice and discuss a variety of different things.  Ok, there are lots of other forums. But none are as friendly, helpful and share as strong a community spirit as Blonde does. I fully understand if the organisers want to highlight the forthcoming Blonde events. As I play at the Blonde site, I find this helpful. Although I did miss the League event last night.  Please present it in a scrolling Nemesis style post next time. That way I cant forget about it.

Watch out Sark, you'll be next for the chop. I'm pretty sure there are more threads discussing you than Blonde at the moment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 23, 2006, 04:48:40 PM »

Would it not make sense to maybe add a child board to the internet poker forum for all BPL stuff?

no

Why should they feel the need to hide their poker-stuff off in some child board? They should be able to post what they want when they want without members complaining that they have to suffer such terrible insults as not being forced to read the post(s)!

Why is everyone so keen to get something for nothing? Why aren't people happy that the founder members of this site are trying to find avenues to bring more money into the entity so they can:

a) offer better (more frequent) live updates
b) have a poker-room where blondes can play together, and where they can host blonde specific tournaments
c) not operate this fine website at a substantial cost to themselves each year!

I dont know whether people had it too good in the beginning, but as a relative newcomer all I can say is that the price that people are seemingly paying for the service is a minute fraction of the actual value of the benefits they get, and it frustrates me that people find time to complain about such things, yet are so happy to reap the benefits of being a member here (for free)

I dont know for a fact, but Im pretty sure that Tikay is about as honest as they come, and he has been very forward in his intimations about the cost of running Blonde, and if it suddenly starts making a "killing".. then its no more then he deserves (not that he would keep it all anyways, I'd be confident a pretty good % of that money would find its way back to the members)

Alrite, I'm getting off my soap-box now.. best wishes

It's the nature of the beast that some folks just like to moan & whinge at every little irritation in life. One wonders, God forbid, how they would cope if they were, say, EricStoner or Ironside, who, typically for Members on this site, bear their crosses in life with huge bravery & never moan about it. I can think of 30 or more blondes who have quite horrendous problems in life, poor health, sickly kids, but they never moan about it.

I regret to say I don't have a lot of time for negativity, though I'll deal with Positives, even if it is criticism, with the patience of a saint.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

damn......must get my eyes tested......got all excited

thought it said butter.................mmmmmmmmmmm   last tango in paris

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 23, 2006, 04:50:29 PM »

Watch out Sark, you'll be next for the chop. I'm pretty sure there are more threads discussing you than Blonde at the moment

Good Point! We don't want Members complaining about too much Sark, now do we?..... And there ARE more Sark-Positive Posts than blonde spams. Watch out Sark, you are next.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 23, 2006, 04:51:01 PM »

damn......must get my eyes tested......got all excited

thought it said butter.................mmmmmmmmmmm   last tango in paris

I don't think you want to go down that dark alley.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 23, 2006, 04:51:13 PM »

whats oink mean? that a southern term?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2006, 04:52:24 PM »

nice post totalise, i agree totally, i just think some rules apply for some, and not others, i know that the site needs to advertise here, but sometimes it is incessant,

Define "incessant" please. We have given you the ratio of blonde spams, 1% of Posts & 2% of Topics as I recall. Incessant? Really?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 23, 2006, 04:55:08 PM »

whats oink mean? that a southern term?

I would suggest, just a guess mind, that it's a noise made by a farmyard animal.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: