blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:50:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1289626 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8070 on: April 15, 2014, 08:01:19 AM »

If it was proveable I'd have my net on the League with Liverpool.

THAT much?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #8071 on: April 15, 2014, 08:07:43 AM »

Lucas and Henderson comparisons to Senna is a bit much but i get your point!

The summer is the next acid test for BR imo how much money will he have? Will he get full control on who he buys? How will he then balance/rotate the squad with a european campaign to juggle.

Lol dramatic effect. Hendo to a West Ham Lampard any better?

That is the Q. Complete transfer control is a no IMO. Thanks Commolli/Kenny. We've already seen it (correctly) with Dempsey. But it's still very progressive. He went for Costa and Mikytarian last summer.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: April 15, 2014, 08:13:41 AM »

What influence, good or bad, has FSG & Mr Henry had on the dramatic turnaround?

It is less than 4 years since the Gillett & Hicks era, & the difficult situation that ensued, amazing how time flies, but it's worth remembering the different climate you now exist in.

Seems to me that FSG are "good" owners, though we must accept they are involved for one reason only - to make money. (Which I have no problem with).   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: April 15, 2014, 08:27:07 AM »

Could be wrong but prior to City in 2012 no side in PL history had won the league without being 2nd the year before. Liverpool doing it from 7th would be ridiculous.

Arsenal had the best PL team I've ever seen but this achievement is up there IMO.

Just think this season has seen how bad our better teams are IMO. Liverpool should never be winning the league with the squad they have, just down to good to good management, better performances & the others dropping silly points. I will be glad if city don't win it tho, despise them.

Open to criticism with squad comment, but Gerrard & Suarez are world class & Obv Gerrard is questionable, just that Sturbridge fits in well & it goes together? Apart from that IMO there is nothing more than decent in other parts of squad.

Wouldn't mind Liverpool winning league to be honest though, but you just know Gerrard & Sturridge will be garbish in brazil

You must be watching a different league to everyone else. Last season Manure were fucking awful but every other team fked up.
This season Arsenal were sensational until the injuries, Man City been awesome to watch as a neutral, Chelsea much better with Jose back, Everton playing their best football in 25 years. Then there is Liverpool, who have an average squad but a very, very good 1st eleven.
If Liverpool were in Europe this season we would have been fked, but we haven't. The attacking play is awesome, Rodgers has got a system that works and the players to play for each other.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: April 15, 2014, 09:03:14 AM »

RIP the 96.

Carpe Diem
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8075 on: April 15, 2014, 10:39:33 AM »

R.I.P  the 96

YNWA

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: April 15, 2014, 11:37:28 AM »

Could be wrong but prior to City in 2012 no side in PL history had won the league without being 2nd the year before. Liverpool doing it from 7th would be ridiculous.

Arsenal had the best PL team I've ever seen but this achievement is up there IMO.

Just think this season has seen how bad our better teams are IMO. Liverpool should never be winning the league with the squad they have, just down to good to good management, better performances & the others dropping silly points. I will be glad if city don't win it tho, despise them.

Open to criticism with squad comment, but Gerrard & Suarez are world class & Obv Gerrard is questionable, just that Sturbridge fits in well & it goes together? Apart from that IMO there is nothing more than decent in other parts of squad.

Wouldn't mind Liverpool winning league to be honest though, but you just know Gerrard & Sturridge will be garbish in brazil

Arron is 100% correct with the bold statement however the most important factor as to why they are there has hardly been mentioned by any media/fans/posters here imo.  Liverpool have only played 5 games all season outside of the 38 EPL games compared to their major rivals pre season (Arsenal and Spurs who have probably played 15/20 games more).  Anyone who bets on US sports seriously will understand how important scheduling is.  It's massively under considered in football betting imo by the vast majority of punters.  Liverpool have literally had 7 days off between every game all season.  Squad rotation hasn't been needed in the slightest as the players are always fully rested which in turn massively reduces the chance of injury for players. No foreign travel has been undertaken which is time consuming/boring/mentally draining.  The other key factor to this outside of the playing side is that the management get to spend so much longer scouting/planning for the future games whilst their rivals are scouting Champions/Europa league games as well as the EPL games coming up.

I think Liverpool will have to improve substantially next season just to stand still as the handicapper effectively puts them up to the same weight as their major rivals by introducing a similar schedule of champions league football and, presumably, two slightly deeper cup runs than this year as well.  I do sometimes wonder if it was a Rodgers master plan to get knocked out of both cups so early this year to gain this scheduling advantage as he seems a very shrewd 'modern' manager aware of all the advantages to be gained longer term.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 12:00:11 PM by arbboy » Logged
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8077 on: April 15, 2014, 12:05:28 PM »

R.I.P  the 96

YNWA
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: April 15, 2014, 12:16:10 PM »

Just think this season has seen how bad our better teams are IMO.

so our better teams are terrible this season? lol. look at the 2 teams in the hunt with liverpool . chelsea finished last season with 75 points, this year they have 75 points with 4 games to go. obviously they will finish with far more points than last season.
city finished last year with 78 points,this year they have 70 with 6 games left. they will easily beat last years total.

obviously utd have far less points than last year. they appointed david moyes as manager what do you expect.

as for arsenal they started very well but have won nothing for 8 years so no great surprise its gone belly up for them.

i do agree about the point re amount of games played. no doubt at all this has been a massive advantage for liverpool.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8079 on: April 15, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: April 15, 2014, 07:17:29 PM »

If it was proveable I'd have my net on the League with Liverpool.

THAT much?

Sick rubs lolz.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: April 15, 2014, 07:18:16 PM »

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #8082 on: April 15, 2014, 07:40:16 PM »

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score