blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 10:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99963 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 07, 2016, 10:45:30 PM »

As a neutral it was a hard decision for the ref.  Put it this way I don't think an appeal would be successful although I was expecting a yellow.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2016, 06:59:01 AM »

Gibson already said he will throw money at it Smiley

We stand a better chance of staying up than burnley do.

I'm another one who didn't think it was a red but congrats sir. I was rooting for a Boro win purely on the ground's that my lad's best mate from Uni  is Boro through and through and he has been beside himself the last few weeks. Having said that I'll now be rooting for Brighton in the play-offs because they obviously deserve promotion this year as well after such a great season.

On Burnley, at the moment I'd say they have a better shout that Boro at staying up. They will be far stronger than their last 2 attempts and have the recent knoweldge and experience of what to expect etc.  Obviously, summer signings can have a big influence,
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2016, 12:04:38 PM »

not the worst of days for Ritchie De Laet

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2016, 12:44:15 PM »

Got to be happy with the season from a Birmingham perspective. On the downside, we sold our most promising player for beneath his value and the Hong Kong owners still linger like a bad smell.

Would settle for a similar position next year and FINALLY a transition to a new owner.

Things could have gone a hell of a lot worse had we gone down to League One. Have to say I think that Rowett is a manager with a lot of potential. Too soon of course for a move to the Prem, but one of the more upwardly mobile Championship side who want a change, he might well be a good guy to hire.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: May 09, 2016, 09:01:05 AM »

Amazes me that players make tackles like that, when they know they wouldn't want to miss the next few matches. Apparently this is his second red and will miss both legs. Brighton also missing someone else I read?

We have a fresh squad for the game & Brighton without a couple. I don't think Brighton are favourites any more.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: May 09, 2016, 09:33:46 AM »

Amazes me that players make tackles like that, when they know they wouldn't want to miss the next few matches. Apparently this is his second red and will miss both legs. Brighton also missing someone else I read?

We have a fresh squad for the game & Brighton without a couple. I don't think Brighton are favourites any more.

Lol Brighton definitely still favourites.

It amazes me that some people consider that as a bad tackle. He clearly won the ball and then Gaston's follow through clips the bottom of his boot - which was pointing down. It's unfortunate and at worst is a free kick for a high foot. Dean has sent him off purely as a result of the consequence not the action, as evidenced by his changing from a yellow to a red once he saw the gash. Awful refereeing.

Anyways, Brentford. Strange, strange season but our final position was exactly where I expected pre-season. Happy enough in the end as it looked like we could get sucked into a relegation fight a couple of times and had a huge transitional year where most of last season's impressive team left. Finished really strongly and Scotty Hogan returning from two ACL reconstructions to score 7 in 5 games was the undoubted highlight. I think we'll likely push on for 5th/6th next season with a much more settled squad and management team in place.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 09, 2016, 10:15:30 AM »

Are Brentford still doing the moneyball stats approach?  Is that yielding bargain players?
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 09, 2016, 10:19:51 AM »

They are identifying which players to scout using a stats based approach. It's a bit of a misconception that they are signing players simply on stats alone. In terms of the results, they have finished 5th and 9th despite having a bottom 3 budget for the past two years. I think that has to be viewed as pretty successful.

The biggest news this season was the ratification of a CPO which was the only thing preventing the start of work at the site of the new stadium at Lionel Road. The future of the club pretty much hinges on being able to move to that ground so it was a massive moment.

@fairwaywedge
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 09, 2016, 03:16:09 PM »

There is no doubt Brighton are the better team.

Most of the time they go through even with 2 players suspended.

Quality and consistency should come through over 2 legs.

I really didn't want Brighton in semi's, Monday night away in second leg has me feeling very uncomfortable.

Hope I'm wrong!!

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 10, 2016, 02:11:09 AM »

I can't really see how Brighton are real favourites. We've played them twice in two borefests and there was nothing in it. The players missing and their recent result won't help.

I do find it astounding they are struggling to sell 2,000 tickets for their biggest game of the season so far.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 10, 2016, 07:40:40 AM »

I can't really see how Brighton are real favourites. We've played them twice in two borefests and there was nothing in it. The players missing and their recent result won't help.

I do find it astounding they are struggling to sell 2,000 tickets for their biggest game of the season so far.

Just a cursory glance at it - Brighton, one loss in 21. Won 7, drawn 3 of their last ten, Wednesday, Won 5, drawn 3, lost two of their last ten. Over the course of the season Wednesday finished 15 points behind, won 5 fewer, lost 5 more, scored less, conceded more.

Dunk is out for the first leg and is replaced by the club captain who was first choice until January when he got injured. Prior to him being injured they'd set a club record unbeaten run. Stephens likely done for the playoffs unless appeal is successful. You think that one player makes Wednesday favourites? Think you might be getting a bit carried away!

Happy to have an even money bet if you like lol.

@fairwaywedge
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: May 10, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »

I didn't say Wednesday was favourites.
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: May 10, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »

I didn't say Wednesday was favourites.

You think the draw is favourite now?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: May 10, 2016, 01:19:07 PM »

Wednesday at Stoke earlier in the season were shocking beyond belief in front of nearly 10k fans on the road.  I really hope they don't go up as they will get destroyed in the EPL.  They could have played against SToke's reserves that night for ten hours and not scored with those two cart horses up front.  I am amazed they have even made the play offs. 

Look a big lay at under 4/1 to get promoted to me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:48:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: May 10, 2016, 05:08:47 PM »

Just about calmed down after Saturday now!

Really looking forward to the summer, I think we are going to spend about 50m on new players.

Pretty confident that we will be around mid table.

Not sure how the playoffs will go to be honest. Brighton have struggled against the top 6 teams this season, Hulls form is all over the place, Derby have thrown it away so many times over the last few years, and Wednesday probably have the poorest squad out of the lot.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: