blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 11:29:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship chat 2017-18
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 38 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship chat 2017-18  (Read 99935 times)
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: May 12, 2016, 10:23:36 PM »

I can't really see how Brighton are real favourites. We've played them twice in two borefests and there was nothing in it. The players missing and their recent result won't help.

I do find it astounding they are struggling to sell 2,000 tickets for their biggest game of the season so far.

Just a cursory glance at it - Brighton, one loss in 21. Won 7, drawn 3 of their last ten, Wednesday, Won 5, drawn 3, lost two of their last ten. Over the course of the season Wednesday finished 15 points behind, won 5 fewer, lost 5 more, scored less, conceded more.

Dunk is out for the first leg and is replaced by the club captain who was first choice until January when he got injured. Prior to him being injured they'd set a club record unbeaten run. Stephens likely done for the playoffs unless appeal is successful. You think that one player makes Wednesday favourites? Think you might be getting a bit carried away!

Happy to have an even money bet if you like lol.

Just FYI for a couple of years Aaron was a complete troll acting like some 12 year old chav who just got a laptop for a first time on a different forum which I busted him over. Had some agenda against Brighton, not sure why.

We're going to need Knockaert on fire, the guy is an absolute gem of a player.

Can't get excited at all over this play offs and expecting both games to be 0-0 and then to lose on penalties.

Not sure what Aaron said on a different forum two years ago has got to do with this thread. He's not said anything like that on here.

I know Aaron, and he is a bit of a WUM which people seem to fall for. I remember he reeled in Alex Goulder a couple of times in the past.

Anyway, really looking forward to Friday night, got my ticket. Just hope we give a good account of ourselves and go into the second leg still in it.

'I find it outstanding Brighton haven't sold out their 2000 away tickets for their biggest game of season so far'. Just continuing what he did on a daily basis on football forums.net.

This is probably our fifth biggest game of the season (boro, Derby home, burnley home, playoff second leg). Also commenting on the support is ironic given we probably have 50% higher than your average home attendance over the last five years.

You will be in it after one leg we only draw against the top 6 teams (1 win, 1 defeat, rest draws versus top 6).

Let's not get carried away - "50% higher than your average home attendance over the last five years"

These are the actual facts :

Year         Brighton.     Wednesday
15/16.       25583.            22640
14/15.       25645.            21993
13/14.       27283.            21239
12/13.       26236.            24078
11/12.       20029.            21336

Av.            24955.            22257

I reckon that's 12% more.

Was the 50% a wind up?  Cheesy
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 12, 2016, 10:30:00 PM »

I can't really see how Brighton are real favourites. We've played them twice in two borefests and there was nothing in it. The players missing and their recent result won't help.

I do find it astounding they are struggling to sell 2,000 tickets for their biggest game of the season so far.

Just a cursory glance at it - Brighton, one loss in 21. Won 7, drawn 3 of their last ten, Wednesday, Won 5, drawn 3, lost two of their last ten. Over the course of the season Wednesday finished 15 points behind, won 5 fewer, lost 5 more, scored less, conceded more.

Dunk is out for the first leg and is replaced by the club captain who was first choice until January when he got injured. Prior to him being injured they'd set a club record unbeaten run. Stephens likely done for the playoffs unless appeal is successful. You think that one player makes Wednesday favourites? Think you might be getting a bit carried away!

Happy to have an even money bet if you like lol.

Just FYI for a couple of years Aaron was a complete troll acting like some 12 year old chav who just got a laptop for a first time on a different forum which I busted him over. Had some agenda against Brighton, not sure why.

We're going to need Knockaert on fire, the guy is an absolute gem of a player.

Can't get excited at all over this play offs and expecting both games to be 0-0 and then to lose on penalties.

Not sure what Aaron said on a different forum two years ago has got to do with this thread. He's not said anything like that on here.

I know Aaron, and he is a bit of a WUM which people seem to fall for. I remember he reeled in Alex Goulder a couple of times in the past.

Anyway, really looking forward to Friday night, got my ticket. Just hope we give a good account of ourselves and go into the second leg still in it.

'I find it outstanding Brighton haven't sold out their 2000 away tickets for their biggest game of season so far'. Just continuing what he did on a daily basis on football forums.net.

This is probably our fifth biggest game of the season (boro, Derby home, burnley home, playoff second leg). Also commenting on the support is ironic given we probably have 50% higher than your average home attendance over the last five years.

You will be in it after one leg we only draw against the top 6 teams (1 win, 1 defeat, rest draws versus top 6).

You keep saying these things about another forum, you are quite obsessed. The fact is that you did not like what I said elsewhere and therefore I am a troll.

It is good that you twist things though. I never mentioned anything about home attendances, which ironically, your 50% claim makes you look silly. I only mentioned that the fact it's absolutely shocking that you can't sell out, in what is your biggest game of the season so far.

In fact, I would say it is a disgrace. we sold out in a day I believe.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 12, 2016, 10:32:15 PM »

Facts are facts, your biggest game in 20 years. Wouldn't even make our biggest game this week.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 12, 2016, 10:34:09 PM »

Facts are facts, your biggest game in 20 years. Wouldn't even make our biggest game this week.

No mate, some of what you are saying is wrong.

You haven't averaged 50% more.

But you are right, it is our biggest game in 20 years, well done on pointing that out. Nice one.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 13, 2016, 11:12:34 PM »

Well just got back.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Brighton clearly unlucky with injuries.

We could have and should have killed the game tonight.

Another goal would have killed the tie. Still nervous about Monday night.

Be good to hear what neutrals thought of the game.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #290 on: May 13, 2016, 11:22:10 PM »

Well just got back.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Agree, the four injuries almost as important as the two goals, should have had a third and that would have clinched it for us. I fancy we can get a goal at their place.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 13, 2016, 11:25:20 PM »

Interesting debate about the relegation battle for next season and if the 3 promoted teams will go straight back down.

Has that ever happened before the 3 teams up going back down? Probably has but I am blank.

I think West Brom and Sunderland will be safe with their managers and then a toss up between Watford/Bournemouth/Palace and maybe Swansea at a push. Even then they all looked safe for the majority of the season so it is going to be tough for whoever does get promoted because there weren't that many teams hanging on.

Evident by there being only 4 in the relegation battle and even then two of them, Sunderland/Newcastle, if given a bit more time probably wouldnt have been in the mire as much as they are now with their managers.

Means I think for small edges about who goes down and it will be ruthless. The promoted teams will need to hit the ground running.

Sorry to say Ant but i am convinced Palace will be the bet at the prices to go down next season.  Pretty sure they are going to be massively over priced to go down.

Absolutely agree unless Palace sign a top class striker (or possibly 2!!), 3 new defenders and a new keeper.

Midfield is the only area which doesn't need massively upgrading.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 13, 2016, 11:30:18 PM »

Well just got back.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Agree, the four injuries almost as important as the two goals, should have had a third and that would have clinched it for us. I fancy we can get a goal at their place.

Brighton will be without 3 of their most influential players in the second leg - Stephens, Knockaert and Hemed.

It will take an almighty bottle job from Wednesday not to get through from here.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 13, 2016, 11:47:21 PM »

Well just got back.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Brighton will be without 3 of their most influential players in the second leg - Stephens, Knockaert and Hemed.

It will take an almighty bottle job from Wednesday not to get through from here.

Camel, with Wednesday you never know. Never do it the easy way.

An early goal from Brighton will change the tie.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »

Brighton finished 3rd? Who knew?

They was poor from start to finish, even before the injuries. We won that without coming out of second gear, a little disappointed we didn't ever look like scoring the third, especially against ten men.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 14, 2016, 01:09:50 AM »

Well just got back.

Thoroughly enjoyed that.

Camel, with Wednesday you never know. Never do it the easy way.

An early goal from Brighton will change the tie.

If Wednesday approach the game positively, I can see them winning the away leg.

Definitely Wednesday's strength is going forward, as long as you don't try and sit on the two goals, I find it very difficult to believe you won't score.

Especially in the second half as Brighton will be forced to press.

Very impressed by your manager btw. Seems like a very good bloke and sound manager.

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 14, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »

Wednesday deserved to win the game. Brighton looked like they were suffering with a let down after not going through against Boro and couldn't have run much worse with injuries. Expect Wednesday to cruise through on Monday night.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 16, 2016, 02:24:51 PM »

Good luck today. Although we lost four players in the first game we would have lost anyway possibly by the same score line. Wednesday were looking good up to the point of injuries. However now we are down to bare bones, would have been very confident of clawing it black. Close to no chance now unless we can take a lead into half time then you'll be backs to walls for 45 minutes.

Meeting up with 'tango man' soon, he took my dad out for beers after the Friday night game haha.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: May 16, 2016, 02:34:33 PM »

Good luck today. Although we lost four players in the first game we would have lost anyway possibly by the same score line. Wednesday were looking good up to the point of injuries. However now we are down to bare bones, would have been very confident of clawing it black. Close to no chance now unless we can take a lead into half time then you'll be backs to walls for 45 minutes.

Meeting up with 'tango man' soon, he took my dad out for beers after the Friday night game haha.

I agree, IMO we (Wednesday) would have got a similar score as it would have been a more open game, but I would now be bricking it as I fancy you would have scored very early today and possibly battered us. It's a shitty way for us to potentially to get to the final, but if you score early then it really is a coinflip.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:18 PM »

Not sure I agree we was ever going to win by two. Brighton looked decent going forward and u thought they was going to get 1. I'm just disappointed we sat on both leads. Even at 1-0 it looked as if we was happy with that, before the goal came.

This is the optimistic I've been about Wednesday though & I think we will ease through. Brighton need to score at least 3 tonight because I think we will score.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 38 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: