blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 11:23:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2204595 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18975 on: July 19, 2019, 10:00:17 PM »

Oh dear, second "British" tanker heading towards Iran.  This is all very worrying.

Where are all our European Allies?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: July 20, 2019, 09:11:35 AM »

Our "Booming" economy means we are being bled dry even quicker by the EU*

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/19/britains-contribution-eu-rises-20-per-cent-year-uks-booming/

The extra money would be enough to put 50,000 more police officers on the streets or fund 81,000 social care beds.

Its a disgrace that Remoaners are forcing us to stay, it's idiotic to listen to these people

*Putting a Tighty slant on things. Grin Wink

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: July 20, 2019, 10:43:30 AM »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/19/britains-contribution-eu-rises-20-per-cent-year-uks-booming/

The extra money would be enough to put 50,000 more police officers on the streets or fund 81,000 social care beds.

Its a disgrace that Remoaners are forcing us to stay, it's idiotic to listen to these people

But, per the list of reasons to remain, don't forget they give some of this back to us

sola virtus nobilitat
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: July 20, 2019, 10:58:30 AM »

But, per the list of reasons to remain, don't forget they give some of this back to us

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: July 20, 2019, 11:58:28 AM »

First I can't read all the article but I'm pretty sure this is drivel

Britain’s contribution to the EU has shot up by £2.6 billion per cent in the past 12 months, new Treasury figures show, as the UK’s growing economy was used to prop up Brussels’ budget.

Second what is 15bn divided by 52?  Is it more than the £350m a week that was on lying Boris's bus?

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 12:03:49 PM by doubleup » Logged
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: July 20, 2019, 12:57:31 PM »

First I can't read all the article but I'm pretty sure this is drivel

Britain’s contribution to the EU has shot up by £2.6 billion per cent in the past 12 months, new Treasury figures show, as the UK’s growing economy was used to prop up Brussels’ budget.

Second what is 15bn divided by 52?  Is it more than the £350m a week that was on lying Boris's bus?

So basically drivel based on a typo.....then a figure that has been laughed at since day one is used to help your argument when we all know it was BS anyway.......Brilliant.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:03:48 PM by BigAdz » Logged

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: July 20, 2019, 01:03:20 PM »

The main point is obviously that the UK, after this apparent massive increase, is still paying ~50m a week less than was claimed by Johnson on his bus during the referendum.  Don't you think that seems rather odd, if the Telegraph's figures are to be believed?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: July 20, 2019, 01:09:29 PM »

Nice edit there, I'll have to quote you 100% from now on

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18983 on: July 20, 2019, 01:10:44 PM »

The main point is obviously that the UK, after this apparent massive increase, is still paying ~50m a week less than was claimed by Johnson on his bus during the referendum.  Don't you think that seems rather odd, if the Telegraph's figures are to be believed?

I never put any stock in the Boris bus from the minute I saw it, so its irrelevant to me as a point of reference.

LOL, gotta be quick. Wink

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #18984 on: July 20, 2019, 01:17:07 PM »

I never put any stock in the Boris bus from the minute I saw it, so its irrelevant to me as a point of reference.

LOL, gotta be quick. Wink

But you put "stock" in a Telegraph journo who cba proof reading his copy and doesn't provide any detail on the provenance of his figures.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: July 20, 2019, 03:32:42 PM »

I find the obsession with Boris bus intriguing. There has been a constant failing of British politicians to be honest about what membership involves since 1973. The Foreign Office feely admit that “ultimately misleading impressions” were given to voters since the get go. That is never a sustainable position in any open democracy. I mean Ted Heath’s 1971 White Paper on entry had promised no “erosion of essential national sovereignty” and this was quite untrue because European law did and does override British law, increasingly so as each year goes by. So in this constant hailstorm of bullshit over like 45yrs we keep picking out Boris bus as the key event, oh ok. 

The Maastricht treaty which created the European Union paved the way for the euro and the social chapter which extended Brussels powers into loads of new areas. We won opt-outs from both these things but it sowed the seeds for today’s arguments. Sure British people joined, and were happy to join, a common market but we didn't sign up to a social chapter, a single currency or the super state as we see today, we don't share those aspirations and never have. God bless Maggie for standing up to the Delors vision of euro project, a social-democratic state through the back door when it would never be voted in through the British electorate system. So we see this common market we were originally sold morph into single currency, euro army, euro laws, free movement, super state etc and we would all be satisfied with the constant wholesale changes if it wasn't for that dratted boris bus. 

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: July 20, 2019, 06:10:00 PM »

I find the obsession with Boris bus intriguing. There has been a constant failing of British politicians to be honest about what membership involves since 1973. The Foreign Office feely admit that “ultimately misleading impressions” were given to voters since the get go. That is never a sustainable position in any open democracy. I mean Ted Heath’s 1971 White Paper on entry had promised no “erosion of essential national sovereignty” and this was quite untrue because European law did and does override British law, increasingly so as each year goes by. So in this constant hailstorm of bullshit over like 45yrs we keep picking out Boris bus as the key event, oh ok. 

The Maastricht treaty which created the European Union paved the way for the euro and the social chapter which extended Brussels powers into loads of new areas. We won opt-outs from both these things but it sowed the seeds for today’s arguments. Sure British people joined, and were happy to join, a common market but we didn't sign up to a social chapter, a single currency or the super state as we see today, we don't share those aspirations and never have. God bless Maggie for standing up to the Delors vision of euro project, a social-democratic state through the back door when it would never be voted in through the British electorate system. So we see this common market we were originally sold morph into single currency, euro army, euro laws, free movement, super state etc and we would all be satisfied with the constant wholesale changes if it wasn't for that dratted boris bus. 

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: July 20, 2019, 06:49:14 PM »

THEY all knew the boris bus figures was wrong

well done chaps
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: July 20, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »

THEY all knew the boris bus figures was wrong

well done chaps

More quality and lively debate. Ty

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: July 21, 2019, 10:41:41 AM »

A catch up?

Iain Dale's Sunday column

"If Boris can’t get the country through this Brexit logjam, no one can. It may be that his premiership combusts into dust, But he knows that if he can pull this off, history will write him up in a very different way."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/07/20/boris-johnson-cant-get-country-brexit-logjam-no-one-can/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: