blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:17:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272697 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 289210 times)
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: September 27, 2015, 10:26:30 AM »

I had a very VERY long list of possibles here. Narrowed in down to Degenkolb as my main bet and Alaphilippe/Gallopin to take it in turns to try and get away, with Bouhanni then able to conserve energy for the sprint . Obviously hoping the French take it seriously! Degenkolb's form in the Vuelta looked like he was preparing for this, and when he's on his game he's as good as anyone. 12/1 looks fair. Alaphilippe's form from earlier on the season would put him right in the mix if the race was rode to suit. With smaller team sizes and less cohesion compared to when riding for their usual "day-today"teams, it should be a good watch even if these lot brick, with lots of attacks late on.

main bet:
Degenkolb 12/1

Optimistic savers:
Gallopin 40/1
Alaphillipe 50/1
Bouhanni 66/1

Allez les Bleus!
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: September 27, 2015, 10:43:37 AM »

Good luck nell, with you on Gallopin.

50% chance of rain, if it stays dry the big sprinters have a better chance, wet though, & the punchy riders have the edge I think.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1697 on: September 28, 2015, 10:51:17 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Great win. Pops up at the last minute & shows why he's the strongest & best bike rider for many a year. 

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: September 29, 2015, 11:40:43 AM »

Huge fan of Sagan, so very happy he won since I couldn't manage to bink the winner with my bets. Couldn't back him at the prices after his crash in the Vuelta, but great performance and best all-round cyclist out there, chapeau!
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1699 on: October 02, 2015, 10:45:25 AM »

Last big race of the season, Il Lombardia.

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/one-day-classics/giro-di-lombardia/winner

Recent years has seen a pattern of riders repeating wins here, Rodriguiz, Gilbert & Cunego. Dan Martin won in 2014, a top 5 in todays Giro del Piemonte will be a good sign for sunday.

nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:12 AM »

I can never get too excited about Il Lombardia, end of season feel to it, just doesn't do it for me. Martin at 20's looks pretty good, as these are his races. Is Bardet ever going to win one of these? I always feel he should be more prominent in these types of races, but he's never got it going. 33's on him might be my pick.
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: October 02, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »

I can never get too excited about Il Lombardia, end of season feel to it, just doesn't do it for me. Martin at 20's looks pretty good, as these are his races. Is Bardet ever going to win one of these? I always feel he should be more prominent in these types of races, but he's never got it going. 33's on him might be my pick.

Yep Bardot often present in the finals, but never threatens. Like Uran at 40/1. Win in Quebec, went really well in 2013.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: October 03, 2015, 04:59:00 PM »

Uran not selected for this race.

With the predicted rain, & the more difficult a parcour of a few years ago I can really only see one of the favourites winning this. Hoping to get get 5/1 Nibali, he's been on fire racing in Italy the past month. His best chance of winning a Classic is on Sunday.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: October 04, 2015, 10:49:15 AM »

Rolled out of Brgamo, only 7 hours or so to Como.

Only bet for me, a small ew speculation in Sergio Henao 66/1, went well in 2012. If the form is good he should be with the lead group, will need some luck to win but top 4 on his best day is possible.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: October 20, 2015, 04:05:21 PM »

Tour de France 2016 route revealed http://bbc.in/1GQC3hR

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: December 04, 2015, 12:47:32 PM »

Chris Froome hopes released blood data answers doubters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/34999053

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: January 20, 2016, 07:11:41 AM »

I'll use my first post to reinvigorate this thread.
New season is upon us, with TDU and San Luis, strong early sprinting performances from Ewan and Gaviria although with both races coming on respective home turf it might be wise not to read too much into this.
Jay McCarthy(Sax) won the uphill drag on stage 2 of the TDU, perhaps a breakout type of performance from him.

Anyhow I will be updating this thread regularly with stage profiles and betting advice and hope to meet some like minded gamblers.
Here is to a profitable 2016.

Cliff
- Let's get the monies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: January 20, 2016, 08:04:27 AM »

New season is upon us, with TDU and San Luis, strong early sprinting performances from Ewan and Gaviria although with both races coming on respective home turf it might be wise not to read too much into this.
Jay McCarthy(Sax) won the uphill drag on stage 2 of the TDU, perhaps a breakout type of performance from him.

Anyhow I will be updating this thread regularly with stage profiles and betting advice and hope to meet some like minded gamblers.

Cliff
- Let's get the monies

Excellent news, welcome aboard Tommy.

We do have a few cycling experts - "cheapwetsuit", Tonji & a few others, though they tend to congregate on the TfT thread. If I recall correctly, cheapwetsuit gave us a 150/1 winner in a cycling race last year. Adding you to the list can only be good.

Be really good to get this thread revved up too, so thank you.

How did you hear about blonde, have you been lurking a while, do you play poker, are you a fan of concrete structures or cast iron manhole covers & frames, what part of the UK do you live etc would all be of interest & oil the wheels of convo.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TommyPlus

View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: January 20, 2016, 08:41:15 AM »

Cliff
- Let's get the monies

We do have a few cycling experts - "cheapwetsuit", Tonji & a few others, though they tend to congregate on the TfT thread. If I recall correctly, cheapwetsuit gave us a 150/1 winner in a cycling race last year. Adding you to the list can only be good.

How did you hear about blonde, have you been lurking a while, do you play poker, are you a fan of concrete structures or cast iron manhole covers & frames, what part of the UK do you live etc would all be of interest & oil the wheels of convo.   

A reply from the great man. Now I feel like part of a family, finally!

I'm actually from the cycling hotbed of Kazakhstan, I prefer any structure that doesn't disintegrate under the stress of a magnitude 7 earthquake and I play poker like most players in ex soviet states, short stacking 72 tables of $2nl.

I arrived here like a crossroad in my life. Normally when I'm into sports I use the Betfair forum and when I'm into poker I use 2+2. Now I hate them both equally and I'm here.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: January 20, 2016, 08:55:10 AM »

Cliff
- Let's get the monies

A reply from the great man. Now I feel like part of a family, finally!

I'm actually from the cycling hotbed of Kazakhstan, I prefer any structure that doesn't disintegrate under the stress of a magnitude 7 earthquake and I play poker like most players in ex soviet states, short stacking 72 tables of $2nl.

I arrived here like a crossroad in my life. Normally when I'm into sports I use the Betfair forum and when I'm into poker I use 2+2. Now I hate them both equally and I'm here.

ahh, now that IS fascinating.

You hate Betfair Forum & 2+2? Well it looks like you've sussed it already, but we are very different to those 2 places, mainly, in that we try to respect each other & debate in a civilised manner.

We do have a pretty lively & varied Sports Betting Board, & are blessed with some real clever people who post here.

Do you do much sports betting, apart from cycling stuff?  

"Let's get the monies"

You want million?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: