blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 07:12:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 83 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Diary of a MTT Grinder Wannabe  (Read 189440 times)
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: August 01, 2011, 02:08:09 AM »

The "plan" is actually going to address that. Want this to be a new me a consistent grinder with no mad tilt or br related craziness. Again I will address properly on a huge post when I am fit to.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: August 01, 2011, 12:56:52 PM »

I think could be epic.

Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 05, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

does 'the plan' actually involve ever telling us what 'the plan' is Huh??
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 05, 2011, 10:40:25 AM »

It involves not saying anything for days and days then it will be the usual stuff of , no games higher than this , check my bankroll all the time etc etc.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 06, 2011, 12:28:24 AM »

I have no plan. Will come back to you guys when i do. I have a small bankroll and yet again have to rebuild.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 06, 2011, 01:00:10 AM »

All i do know is though, that i need to do far more doing the right stuff than just talking about it. Ignored a lot of good advice on here as well over the course of the thread caught up in my own world because i was on a winning spell or whatever. Gonna try and do things right all the way now. I know i have a good game when stable minded but can be way too privy to being erratic, something i may never get control of and therefore i could just start playing poker recreationally as opposed to seriously.

I am embarrassed to say i still don't know some of the maths of the game. As in when on the turn with a certain amount of outs to your name sometimes my mind immediately goes blank as to whether or not i should call if i am getting the correct odds. I normally calculate the amount of outs i have and then times it by either 4 on the flop or by 2 on the turn to find out the percentage of how good i am by the river. Whenever i need to do this with a lot of tables running and its an awkward spot, sometimes i get stressed and get a little bit hasty on some more tables across the board. Will need to practise this part of my game by playing on less tables and building confidence slowly with it.

I do also have to contribute more to the poker hand analysis thread. Need to know how to log hand histories. Probably find it easier if i had holdem manager working but it tilts me so hard to try and get that up and running that i just stop and don't bother. I HAVE to get that sorted, just get on their forums and be very consistent in my enquiries to get it all sorted, instead of just giving up nearly immediately at the first hurdle, again i should stop talking about it and just DO it. Which i am now as we speak Smiley Hopefully will get that up and running soon.

I have a membership to a poker tutorial site but never really use it, have it as a part of an affiliate deal to get a free membership but i never sit down to watch mtt vids and listen to what these guys have to say.

BR wise i need a massive roll to 18 table any game really. I am thinking about limiting to 6 tables in the early days to put my br under less threat in certain games  and then maybe increase with some profit under my belt. The way i am going to gauge that is to look at my br, have a look then at my outlay for the night, if it is above 5% i shouldn't be doing it but if it is on or less than that then i think it should be ok. Or is 5% of a bankroll being played on a night still too much?

What do you guys reckon with that one. How much should a serious mtt grinder look to outlay comfortably of his roll each night, because i think that is the major question with me, and if i stick to a safe number (percentage) then i needn't be stressed about having to make profit every night just to stay afloat and i can actually play with a Rick Flair. I can be a winning player and a consistent one but my absurd br philosophy thus far has tarnished what i could really be making, so i would like to once and for all put it to bed.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 06, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »

Last night started my comeback. I had my first grind in a few weeks and found myself 390 pounds up. Definately welcomed and I have a really good feeling about this ascent. It was a 10 euro 3k Gtd and I came second. I was 1/25 and padded my chips all the way down to the final 5 with some aggro play, stayed lucky when hands held all in but heads up for the extra 200 I thought I could have played a lot better. I find I do get a lot more seconds than firsts and this is mainly because I am far too passive and often have to have something of the board to play post flop. I find it hard to float in pos with overcards or just on the lookout to get a cheeky re raise in on the turn. This is actually where I will start my study I think, when I look at the deuces cracked videos I can watch. See what these guys are doing HU to open my eyes a little bit.

I think greekstein once watched me hu in a party poker tourn and wasn't too impressed so I'm keen to see what flaws i do have and try my best to mend them.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 06, 2011, 01:55:35 PM »

Ant, you're fucking hilarious.

rapidly becoming one of my favorite people.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 06, 2011, 02:02:35 PM »

Well that sounds condescending! Not sure I want to be known as hilarious when I'm not trying to be. I guess its still a positive reaction to post though hey Smiley Does the 5% of the br per night sound right to you suup?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 06, 2011, 03:58:31 PM »

Well that sounds condescending! Not sure I want to be known as hilarious when I'm not trying to be. I guess its still a positive reaction to post though hey Smiley Does the 5% of the br per night sound right to you suup?

haha yh I always sounds condescending ITT lol - i don't mean hilarious specifically from ur recent post, I just meant in general!

yh 5% per night sounds fine to me!

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 06, 2011, 09:31:45 PM »

Sweet, its gonna be tough sticking to that. Might be starting at more like 10% as I'm playing quite low, and if I get in trouble, just get backed maybe.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 07, 2011, 10:41:35 PM »

$220 down with the final 10 to go started at 14.00 might be ending at 02.00. Putting in a SHIIIIFFT
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 08, 2011, 12:45:21 AM »

anyone wanna give me HU tuition for free?

Got absolutely pwned now again for the title 120 euros up for grabs he has 70kish i have 30k ish, i get dealth 109 he has J9, 500/1000 blinds from the dealer he raises 3000 and i call.

Flop 87K, i check to him he bets 4000 i rr all in for my last 27k, and he calls.

WTF

he has 10 as the gin out and if i have air also 9 and J, i was just shocked when he snapped me off.

If i was to have a hand like 7Q he would have 3+3+4=10 outs 10x4 and be around 40% to win, but would imagine its lower in case i two pair on the turn? Equity was there then for the call?

He had to put in about 23k to win 66K (the 12k already in plus his 4k bet plus my 27k ott+ his call of 23k?) so he just needs 33% odds on his hand to call? So pardon my ignorance if i have done something wrong here i am not one to normally breakdown a hand like this and anyone's input is fine.

Is he factoring in 109 for me and thinking that makes it even more worthy of a call?

If i have the K he is drawing to a two pair or that gin 10 card.

5/42, 3/33, 28/43, 10/23 in my last tourns of the night no more than $850 up top in any of them but already $258 up and i have felt in supreme form. It's tough to keep concentration for this long but i am doing well to continuously check myself and i find i keep motivating myself by reminding myself that each of these lovely coloured tables represent money and i cannot at any point take any of the games lightly.

Well that is poorly written but i am tired Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:30 AM »

Bricked every single last of those tourns, was hoping for one more decent cash.

Ended $330 up so i am a happy man regardless. Did get very unlucky in spots but who doesn't when you play 30+ tourns a night.
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 08, 2011, 02:07:07 AM »

how did u go from being $258 up with 4 left to $330 up after bricking everyone of the last 4? Smiley

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 83 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: