blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 08:45:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272658 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  something a bit different - any potential interest?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: something a bit different - any potential interest?  (Read 8470 times)
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2009, 02:15:34 PM »

thanks Cos.  You're probably right.  no idea about ROI long term due to the small volume of games played.  My ROI last year was over 200%, but we're only talking over about 40-50 games.  Take one of the bigger wins out of the equation and that obviously drops a lot.  Taking into account the last 6 months or so that's dropped to around 100% over 18 months.

I didn't really think it was a go-er tbh (as I said at beginning of OP), more just thinking aloud.

thanks for all the comments anyhow Smiley

edit: ignore my dodgy maths skillz - ROI last year was over 100%, not 200.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:15:10 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »

Hmmm, I was offered something similar last night with a slightly bigger bankroll, which would increase depending on success. Be interested in hearing views on here, particulary from a staker's point of view.

you just come on here to brag!?!?

PS good luck thumbs up

Hehe, not at all, there is loads to take into acct rather than just saying cheers for the money, let's go on a spin up. I like Cos' post above. There is a lot of pros and cons for both sides that o won't share at the mo as I want to hear what other people think.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2009, 02:19:18 PM »

Hmmm, I was offered something similar last night with a slightly bigger bankroll, which would increase depending on success. Be interested in hearing views on here, particulary from a staker's point of view.

you just come on here to brag!?!?

PS good luck thumbs up

Hehe, not at all, there is loads to take into acct rather than just saying cheers for the money, let's go on a spin up. I like Cos' post above. There is a lot of pros and cons for both sides that o won't share at the mo as I want to hear what other people think.

Based on the feedback I'm proably not going to go ahead with a proposal, but hopefully people might continue to give views if it helps you out.  FWIW, I think you'd do very well at something like this, and I hope you come to an arrangement that works for you Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2009, 10:59:28 PM »

Why not just get a job then pay to play with the salary?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2009, 11:51:57 PM »

I know others have said this but £3k just won't be enough claire.

If you play the full 3k in £50 comps thats about 55 comps assuming 10% juice.

If you manage 100% roi that's £3000 profit. If you take 30% then you get £900. I'm assuming stakeback first.

Split that in to 55 games and you've got just under £17 profit per game.

Would that even cover your expenses?

Not wanting to throw a damp sponge at this it's just better that you see realistically what you may achieve.

If you're just after the opportunity to play a few games then it's not a problem you just need to find a few backers willing to take a punt. Just make sure you realise that you are not going to make any real money from this yourself and that all it will be is a bit of fun.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »

To figure out if this is a viable suggestion I think you need to be clear about how much you wanted to make each month from this activity.

eg Your target income = £600.00

Let's say you buy in to 8 x £100.00 tourneys = cost £880.00

To make your £600 you would need to win £2280.00 (£2280 - £880 buy ins = £1400 of which you keep 30%)

To win £2280 in this level of tourneys you would probably need two top 3 finishes out of 8 tourneys played. 1 in 4

If you look at our blonde league then some of the very good perfomers on there are maybe getting 1 in 5 top 3 finishes.

Think this is difficult to make work from your perspective Claire unless you target a low monthly income from the volume suggested.

On the other hand - even at low volume it might just work for stakers.

However, the real elephant in the room is you could run like the Siciilian for a few months or me over the last 6 weeks or so :-)

sola virtus nobilitat
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2009, 01:00:30 AM »

Why not just get a job then pay to play with the salary?

short version.  I don't want to end up stuck in a rut like i was at my previous job.  the results were not good.  at the moment i'm waiting to hear from agencies about temp work.  [ ] there is a lot about [ ] it pays well.   Also, given my circumstances, I will be lucky to find a more permanant job paying even half what I was getting paid before.  My monthly expenses over the years expanded to fill what I was earning.  I'll be lucky to be able to keep on top of the bills for the foreseeable future - there won't be spare money to play poker, hence why the money I have in my 'poker' account at present will now be my cushion for the next few months. 

thanks evilpie and nirvana.  as I've said, I'm not going ahead with a proposal now, but hopefully your comments might be useful to others Smiley

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »

sigh...mods are soo boring.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2009, 12:28:08 PM »

this.  i was just in the process of putting together a new kind of proposal ffs.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2009, 12:30:53 PM »

this.  i was just in the process of putting together a new kind of proposal ffs.

lmao - now that is funny

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2009, 12:32:32 PM »

blimey, the forum's gone all mary whitehouse. no need to remove those posts surely?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2009, 12:34:15 PM »

blimey, the forum's gone all mary whitehouse. no need to remove those posts surely?

I blame Bushi.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:35 PM »

please post the new proposal anyway claire

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 03, 2009, 12:38:44 PM »

please post the new proposal anyway claire

it was going via PM, obv.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 03, 2009, 02:36:49 PM »

Well they were not renoved for fun, or because we had nothing better to do.......

A whole bunch of Threads, right across the Forum, were vandalised overnight by the same Account, & it's unclear whether they were genuine Posts by the Member, or whether his Account had been hijacked by "friends". We had to remove them en bloc, as many of them were gratutiously offensive - not necessarily the one on this Thread, but if we removed one, we had to remove the lot.

We really enjoyed wasting that hour of our time, too.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: