blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 09:43:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2569005 times)
BMoney

View Profile
« Reply #16860 on: October 16, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

Going to Luton today (or maybe tomorrow) for the GUKPT this week. Dreading it tbh!

Last night was the freeroll trial run for the open face tournament I'm trying to get going in Nottingham. It was so much fun. The real thing will be Tuesday next week, £25+£4 buyin with a (so far unconfirmed) free buffet! It would be really cool to see many blondes and familiar faces down there.

Fred shipped it for bragging rights, winners photo but £0 Cheesy

Click to see full-size image.

Thanks for organizing this. I had loads of fun and learned a lot. I'm definitely going to start crushing on my OFC app. Hope next week is a success. And, good luck in Luton!
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #16861 on: October 16, 2013, 05:23:55 PM »

OFC night was absolutely hillarious. Poor writeup imo.

"You have 2 outs mate, its definitely +ev". *places card* "LOL KIDDING YOU HAVE NO OUTS YOU'RE DEAD GG"
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16862 on: October 18, 2013, 12:16:06 PM »

Pretty decent start to the Luton trip - ended up driving up yesterday morning for the main because the DTD games were so good on tuesday and wednesday night.

The tournament was incredible - not just the softest £1k I've ever played in, but the others were saying the softest live tournament they've ever played in! Dunno where are the pros are, I mean some in France obv but there was literally probably 3/4 other pros other than us in there. It was pretty amazing.

We've all managed to day two which is a first I think - I've got 67k avg is about 55, going back to 1k bb. I haven't cashed in a £1k since December 2011 lol so it'd be nice to do well in this. If history is any indicator, in these fields where loads of us day two, usually we all bust outside the top 20 Cheesy

Free day today so we're all gonna head to London to grind cash.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16863 on: October 18, 2013, 12:21:19 PM »

How many runners does a GUKPT Luton get Alex?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16864 on: October 18, 2013, 01:51:43 PM »

Think 120 yesterday, imagine 200 today?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16865 on: October 18, 2013, 01:52:38 PM »

211 total at the moment.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16866 on: October 18, 2013, 01:53:18 PM »

211 total at the moment.

Playing today Vin?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #16867 on: October 18, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »

Pretty decent start to the Luton trip - ended up driving up yesterday morning for the main because the DTD games were so good on tuesday and wednesday night.

The tournament was incredible - not just the softest £1k I've ever played in, but the others were saying the softest live tournament they've ever played in! Dunno where are the pros are, I mean some in France obv but there was literally probably 3/4 other pros other than us in there. It was pretty amazing.

We've all managed to day two which is a first I think - I've got 67k avg is about 55, going back to 1k bb. I haven't cashed in a £1k since December 2011 lol so it'd be nice to do well in this. If history is any indicator, in these fields where loads of us day two, usually we all bust outside the top 20 Cheesy

Yeah can confirm my table was soft and I only did the two bullets. 

Last year you'd go to one of these and there'd be 20 or so young pros sat there.  Maybe there just aren't the staking stables big enough to put them all in to £1ks any more or they have all moved on to UKIPT?  Maybe just a bit of both? 

The London leg was more pro heavy, but still felt softer than some previous years.  It will be interesting to see how the Grand Final pans out.  I had already decided I was playing it, but I assume that buy in in London is going to be appealing to a lot more pros.  I expect putting in the winners of £100 side events isn't going to do much harm though? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16868 on: October 18, 2013, 02:42:42 PM »

Yeah can confirm my table was soft and I only did the two bullets. 

Last year you'd go to one of these and there'd be 20 or so young pros sat there.  Maybe there just aren't the staking stables big enough to put them all in to £1ks any more or they have all moved on to UKIPT?  Maybe just a bit of both? 

The London leg was more pro heavy, but still felt softer than some previous years.  It will be interesting to see how the Grand Final pans out.  I had already decided I was playing it, but I assume that buy in in London is going to be appealing to a lot more pros.  I expect putting in the winners of £100 side events isn't going to do much harm though? 

I saw you wondering round the card room looking a bit shell shocked, didn't think it was the right time to nip you for dinner Smiley

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #16869 on: October 18, 2013, 04:54:28 PM »

Having some big swings lately, every day in the last 5/6 days has been 4 figures one way or the other. Think it's been alternating, WLWLWL.

So it's been stressful! I've genuinely had both of these emotions at certain moments during the last few days

"I love this so much I never want to do anything else for a job"

"I'm hate this game, I can't do this for a living anymore"

Cheesy

What can I say, I'm an emotional guy! The latter emotion only ever lasts for a few minutes, sometimes a bit longer. But a good night's sleep always cure's it and ready to get back on the horse.

In other news, check out how my cooking has progressed this year. From the infamous Fry-up attempt to this:

Click to see full-size image.

Suggestions for the pasta? Was a bit plain.

Boil the pasta, drain then fry in a saucepan with green pesto sauce.

Gl in Luton I have u down to win it through the promotion, so please win! gl
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16870 on: October 18, 2013, 10:20:14 PM »

211 total at the moment.

Playing today Vin?

Aye, in the last level. Been the most ridic 1k I've played. Totally get the soft field comments. Hopefully see you tomorrow. Only got 18k at the moment, so I'll see what I can do.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #16871 on: October 19, 2013, 01:09:55 AM »

211 total at the moment.

Playing today Vin?

Aye, in the last level. Been the most ridic 1k I've played. Totally get the soft field comments. Hopefully see you tomorrow. Only got 18k at the moment, so I'll see what I can do.

Comp wasn't soft enough for me, so will be up for the 200. Good luck tomorrow.

dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #16872 on: October 19, 2013, 04:09:56 AM »

Missed out by 4, I said 258 entries and you FTW :/

gl tho, and gl CELTIC for 200, ship it!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16873 on: October 19, 2013, 02:00:27 PM »

Well I didn't win. Car crash day two Sad

Lost AK vs AT for 40k and lost numerous other pots. Played badly today I think though. Couple of things I could've done different. I was the value today! Sad

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16874 on: October 19, 2013, 03:19:45 PM »

I was the value today! Sad

Soft field IMO
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 1123 1124 [1125] 1126 1127 1128 1129 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: