blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 04:10:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8675 8676 8677 8678 [8679] 8680 8681 8682 8683 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13521914 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #130170 on: September 11, 2017, 01:42:56 AM »

How the fuck is Chris Sutton a pundit?!

He's a shit stirrer but I'd say having played at a top level in more than one league is probably how.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130171 on: September 11, 2017, 06:53:56 AM »

NFL

A rusty first weekend in the main. Some creaky performances on display, so it's tough to draw many conclusions. However, some tentative takes:

- Cleveland's offensive line is excellent and their rookie Quarterback, DeShone Kizer, adjusted very well to the new level. Although they lost to a Steelers team with more cobwebs than Miss Havisham, they will be competitive.

Click to see full-size image.

- Atlanta won in the NFC South, but they were lucky. Chicago had two golden chances to win the game at the end. Carolina had a dodgy start but overpowered the 49ers. The Carolina bet has started reasonably well.

It's good to have Sundays blocked out on the calendar again.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130172 on: September 11, 2017, 08:47:07 AM »

NFL

A rusty first weekend in the main. Some creaky performances on display, so it's tough to draw many conclusions. However, some tentative takes:

- Cleveland's offensive line is excellent and their rookie Quarterback, DeShone Kizer, adjusted very well to the new level. Although they lost to a Steelers team with more cobwebs than Miss Havisham, they will be competitive.

Click to see full-size image.

- Atlanta won in the NFC South, but they were lucky. Chicago had two golden chances to win the game at the end. Carolina had a dodgy start but overpowered the 49ers. The Carolina bet has started reasonably well.

It's good to have Sundays blocked out on the calendar again.

I suppose I know a lot more about character & human nature than I do about NFL, but I was extremely impressed with the backbone De Shone demonstrated, after he had an absolute mare in the first few drives. And I think he was sacked what, 6, 7 times? And yet he kept plugging away, & listening to advice from the Coach bloke. Takes a lot of spine for a 21 year old to not lose his nerve after the start he had, & he refused to "hide" too.

It was interesting how long & how often he seemed to hold onto the ball & then get sacked when he could not find a pass option. Not sure if that was very good or very bad.

I'm guessing he'll ache a bit when he wakes up this morning though, 7 sacks, oucho. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130173 on: September 11, 2017, 11:17:48 AM »

How the fuck is Chris Sutton a pundit?!

Chris says "sacking De Boer would be madness".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41221674

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130174 on: September 11, 2017, 11:18:05 AM »

De Boer sacked.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130175 on: September 11, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »

It's Big Ron time.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #130176 on: September 11, 2017, 11:25:11 AM »

Total season points are out on everyday at the moment (haven't seen them elsewhere I'm afraid) Had a quick scan through yesterday and Rams o300 points jumps out to me. 224, 280, 324, 348. 299.

Historically that doesn't look too good, but those numbers were under Jeff Fisher. He was horrible for them last year, negative and uninspiring throughout the season, Gurley described them as playing a high school offense)  They have a new coach now, Sean McVay coming over from a high scoring Washington team where he was the offensive coordinator. They've improved their offensive line, and with the addition of Sammy Watkins have a viable target on the outside which should help open things up for Todd Gurley. Jared Goff will be better coming into his second year with a little bit of protection in front of him as well.

Recommend 50 at 9/5 if you've got someone who can get on if Tighty and co. agree with that.

This looked like a good rec to me. We got off to a decent start. Makes up for a disappointing show from the Seahawks at GB.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #130177 on: September 11, 2017, 11:28:06 AM »

De Boer sacked.

The PL is getting more ludicrous every season. You can't make this sh*t up.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130178 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »

De Boer sacked.

The PL is getting more ludicrous every season. You can't make this sh*t up.

It gets better though - Roy Hodgson is favourite to get the gig. He's 1/7.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/crystal-palace/next-permanent-manager

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130179 on: September 11, 2017, 11:48:22 AM »

quiz question

who is the winning-most quarterback at the Cleveland Browns stadium, opened in 1999?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130180 on: September 11, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »

Quite ridiculously, it's Big Ben Roethlisberger

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #130181 on: September 11, 2017, 11:57:46 AM »

A disgrace. Amusingly i was about to jump on here and suggest that De Boer would have more time and heard the news here first!

De Boer showed promising signs of improvement yesterday. Is without 4 key players in Sakho, Tomkins, Zaha and Loftus-Cheek. And it's so early on in the season. I would suggest De Boer is not very personable with the board, or has some fundamental flaw in twice now not being given much time to put a stamp on two clubs. He really didnt help himself limping so harshly in the first three games and it genuinely was poor management not having a back 4 from the second game onwards. Even then though its 4 games! Blimey this is a quick sacking and most Palace fans would not welcome this after yesterday.

Hodgson as well cries to me of a man that might send us down, which is probably me being unimpressed by his England stint, but understandably it doesn't give me the same feeling of safety a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would.

A genuine embarrassment this all is. And if Hodgson gets off to a poor start are we pushing for another manager by the end of the month? This does bring me back to De Boer probably having the worst people skills in the world with the board, as i really don't understand pulling the trigger this early otherwise especially after yesterday.

I hope people got on the sacking tip anyway, im 2/2 on Palace tips, and it helps I don't play football on Saturday anymore because i am smashing in 90 mins full matches viewing. Probably should get a life, but thats doubtful materialising any time soon.  Grin

I think a semi competent manager with our squad fully fit should have us comfortably mid table, so I'm hopeful Hodgson will have enough about him.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130182 on: September 11, 2017, 12:18:58 PM »

A disgrace. Amusingly i was about to jump on here and suggest that De Boer would have more time and heard the news here first!

De Boer showed promising signs of improvement yesterday. Is without 4 key players in Sakho, Tomkins, Zaha and Loftus-Cheek. And it's so early on in the season. I would suggest De Boer is not very personable with the board, or has some fundamental flaw in twice now not being given much time to put a stamp on two clubs. He really didnt help himself limping so harshly in the first three games and it genuinely was poor management not having a back 4 from the second game onwards. Even then though its 4 games! Blimey this is a quick sacking and most Palace fans would not welcome this after yesterday.

Hodgson as well cries to me of a man that might send us down, which is probably me being unimpressed by his England stint, but understandably it doesn't give me the same feeling of safety a Pulis or Allardyce appointment would.

A genuine embarrassment this all is. And if Hodgson gets off to a poor start are we pushing for another manager by the end of the month? This does bring me back to De Boer probably having the worst people skills in the world with the board, as i really don't understand pulling the trigger this early otherwise especially after yesterday.

I hope people got on the sacking tip anyway, im 2/2 on Palace tips, and it helps I don't play football on Saturday anymore because i am smashing in 90 mins full matches viewing. Probably should get a life, but thats doubtful materialising any time soon.  Grin

I think a semi competent manager with our squad fully fit should have us comfortably mid table, so I'm hopeful Hodgson will have enough about him.

Palace's next 4 games includes Man United, Man City & Chelsea.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #130183 on: September 11, 2017, 12:39:28 PM »

Palace's next 4 games includes Man United, Man City & Chelsea.

I think that is a part of the reason the sacking happened now. So there is a perceived better chance of points against a disjointed Soton at home. As anything out of the next three games is a plus.

Which also highlights just how important it was to start well and probably avoid a huge transitional period. I think for De Boer to have succeeded he would have had to integrate a more possession based style over a longer period and always remain with 4 at the back.

I'm a little shell shocked and I am not sure what to expect against Soton. Currently i expect a win through a reaction to all of this business. Tomkins, Loftus-Cheek and Sakho could make a return for that one as well.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #130184 on: September 11, 2017, 12:41:35 PM »

9/4 at home to Soton seems an outrageous price on the face of it. Fair our start looks terrible on paper but there was enough about us yesterday to think that with important players returning and 4 at the back, we should be value at that price. Thats not a tip, only a small look at it. I will return later in the week if i fancy it.
Pages: 1 ... 8675 8676 8677 8678 [8679] 8680 8681 8682 8683 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: