blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 03:05:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13501126 times)
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #22035 on: November 30, 2012, 03:09:41 PM »

Going  by his tweets, Lewis sounds like he contemplated not even playing and it looks like he only left in the last Hour.
6-0 Lewis anyone Smiley
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #22036 on: November 30, 2012, 03:16:56 PM »

I may have a pregnancy related bet. Adrian Lewis' wife is about to drop. He plays this weekend in the Players Championship in Minehead against Richie Burnett. Lewis has said that his mind is understandably elsewhere and he really hopes the baby comes before he goes to Minehead as he doesn't want to be there waiting for a call to come back. If the baby doesn't come then the 9/4 about Burnett looks good to me.

Bazza, we have had (prompted by Phil)  ANOTHER £40!

The 9/4 has almost all gone now.

More value pie. What a diet plan that stuff is.

£40 @ 9/4, SportingBet, Burnett to beat Lewis tonight.

ON

Lewis v Burnett : Match Betting Burnett, Richie 9/4
Total stake £40.00
Estimated return £130.00

There is probably a Neil C argument that makes this a max  bet. There are so many variables in this game that you have a lot of ways to win. There is every chance he doesn't win but we are taking 9/4 with loads of outs on a game that looks to have a wide variety of possibilities to make it closer than the market has pitched it.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #22037 on: November 30, 2012, 03:28:36 PM »

I may have a pregnancy related bet. Adrian Lewis' wife is about to drop. He plays this weekend in the Players Championship in Minehead against Richie Burnett. Lewis has said that his mind is understandably elsewhere and he really hopes the baby comes before he goes to Minehead as he doesn't want to be there waiting for a call to come back. If the baby doesn't come then the 9/4 about Burnett looks good to me.

Bazza, we have had (prompted by Phil)  ANOTHER £40!

The 9/4 has almost all gone now.

More value pie. What a diet plan that stuff is.

£40 @ 9/4, SportingBet, Burnett to beat Lewis tonight.

ON

Lewis v Burnett : Match Betting Burnett, Richie 9/4
Total stake £40.00
Estimated return £130.00

There is probably a Neil C argument that makes this a max  bet. There are so many variables in this game that you have a lot of ways to win. There is every chance he doesn't win but we are taking 9/4 with loads of outs on a game that looks to have a wide variety of possibilities to make it closer than the market has pitched it.

9/4 def great value, only available with stan james now too.

Under 2-1 wanted on betfair also.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #22038 on: November 30, 2012, 03:32:44 PM »

I messaged bazza asking why only 20- I'm on and if you can get more at 9-4 do it
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #22039 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:18 PM »

Rugby Union tonight  Sale v  Northampton.

Sale are bottom of the league and struggling. Northampton are 4th but I think they are only a solid team, neither concede or score lots. It will be cold and maybe showery tonight so points would look hard to come by. Sale have just appointed John Mitchell as head honcho. He is a no nonsense hard as you get New Zealander, and training for Sale this week would have been brutal. If they do not perform tonight then training for the next month will be a living hell. The first job for the new coach will be to stop the opposition scoring and scrape a win anyhow they can. If Sale didn't have such a prima donna at fly half I would consider backing them to win at 15/8, but I can't risk any money relying on Ciprianni so it's low points for me.

It is a close call between going for under 41  points @ 10/11 or under 36 @ 7/4. However as we have been so successful this season with our drop goal coups, £110 profit so far, I think we can risk a small % of them on the lower total.

Suggest £20 under 36 points @ 7/4 Stan James.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #22040 on: November 30, 2012, 03:37:01 PM »

Too late to organise for a thread bet as they tee off v soon. Osthuizen has called the doctor to the practice range in the Nedbank golf. There have been enough examples of ill golfers doing well recently but might be worth a small bet on Paul Lawrie at 15/8 with Corals to beat him in today's 2 ball.

nice1

I read this exactly one minute after they teed off.  FML.

I managed to click the market and it suspended as I was submitting. As it happens bet probably just won on merit given Lawries round but still tilting
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #22041 on: November 30, 2012, 04:05:27 PM »

Thoughts on David Price win rounds 1-3, @11/10 with B365? 4/5, 10/11 and at best evens elsewhere.

Price is easily the best heavyweight in the country. Fast and extremely powerful, talented boxer, his record is 14-0, 12 wins by ko only 2 of which came later than the 4th round.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22042 on: November 30, 2012, 04:12:54 PM »

I think it is probably marginal value and if you want a bet to watch the fight it is okay.  Skelton is probably a notch above Harrison, Dallas, Sexton etc but not by much. 

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #22043 on: November 30, 2012, 04:26:50 PM »

I think it is probably marginal value and if you want a bet to watch the fight it is okay.  Skelton is probably a notch above Harrison, Dallas, Sexton etc but not by much. 

Cheers Red. I'll take marginal. Wasn't sure if my Price tinted glasses had completely blinded me or not will have a tinkle.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22044 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:20 PM »

I think at the domestic level then tinted glasses are probably right for him.  Would love to see him fight Fury because we might actually get a price (no pun intended)

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #22045 on: November 30, 2012, 05:39:26 PM »

I have a question for the more experienced contributors on football betting.

Would you always wait until friday or saturday to place a bet on weekend football to get more knowledge about team news, conditions etc?

Perhaps I could give an example, a couple of days ago I posted 3 possible bets for this weekend. Dag and Red were 11/4 and I liked that price. It's dropped now to 11/5.

I've had some at 11/4 but I know Bobby made a comment about one of the other bets, wanting seeing squad/team news for the Sheff Utd v Port Vale game before betting. (Port Vale have also dropped from 9/2 to 4/1).

I guess its a balance between the price and how much value that is perceived to be on say, 4 days before the game (with limited information) and what the price may change to (with clearer information) say 1 day before?

Naive to back football to early??
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22046 on: November 30, 2012, 05:42:24 PM »

Picking which one is the best current British heavyweight is like picking which past or present T4 presenter you'd most want to give you a vasectomy.  You might come to a reasoned conclusion that Ben Shepherd would take it seriously enough to undertake some training beforehand but it is still not a choice you want to make.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #22047 on: November 30, 2012, 06:30:34 PM »

Pea souper in the rugger. Could be off.

Camel - didn't ignore you I swear! Have replied on chess thread Smiley http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=58441.new#new

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #22048 on: November 30, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »

I have a question for the more experienced contributors on football betting.

Would you always wait until friday or saturday to place a bet on weekend football to get more knowledge about team news, conditions etc?

Perhaps I could give an example, a couple of days ago I posted 3 possible bets for this weekend. Dag and Red were 11/4 and I liked that price. It's dropped now to 11/5.

I've had some at 11/4 but I know Bobby made a comment about one of the other bets, wanting seeing squad/team news for the Sheff Utd v Port Vale game before betting. (Port Vale have also dropped from 9/2 to 4/1).

I guess its a balance between the price and how much value that is perceived to be on say, 4 days before the game (with limited information) and what the price may change to (with clearer information) say 1 day before?

Naive to back football to early??

It depends.  There is definitely a lot of early alue if you are willing to do the work early but generally I come up with a shortlist the day before and place anything I think will move then and leave the rest until gameday.  That way you generally know injury news etc.  If something really sticks out and I have good reason to think it will not last I will bet early but all the big syndicates are restricted to betting on gameday so that tends to be when the big moves come.  By way of example the only bet I have actually placed so far is on Motherwell @ 9/4 to beat Aberdeen because I know Aberdeen have a lot of injury problems so I wouldn't expect it to last.

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #22049 on: November 30, 2012, 06:42:22 PM »

Miami Heat -7 10/11 or better.  Bluesq have it and Betfred have -5.5  according to Oddschecker.  San Antonio have Duncan, Ginobli and Parker out and it has not long broke.  Will be a lot shorter come gametime.  £110 I think.  You need to do it now though.
fyl, ul. Almost ran sick bad on the under too.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Pages: 1 ... 1466 1467 1468 1469 [1470] 1471 1472 1473 1474 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: