blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 07:25:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179286 times)
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: December 07, 2010, 07:15:26 PM »

that's one weird fancy dress party. dude in the background's come as david dickinson

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 07, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »

that's one weird fancy dress party. dude in the background's come as david dickinson

I think it's one of the spy mods doing a bit of field work.  Bit rubbish.  that's why I left.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 08, 2010, 09:23:04 AM »

It is with great sadness I must report - the brownies did not survive the night.  They put up a brave fight, but the milk dunking was too much for them.  And who was the culprit of this horrible attack?  It was a three-way split in the end. 

PS  The stairs and upstairs hallway are presentable again.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Robert HM

View Profile WWW
« Reply #828 on: December 08, 2010, 09:30:23 AM »

Forced child labour/blackmail. Send 'em up the chimneys next I say.

http://www.rooms-direct.co.uk - If you need some furniture, give Shogun a shout, he can do you some discount for Blonde Poker forum members..
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 08, 2010, 10:02:16 AM »

Forced child labour/blackmail. Send 'em up the chimneys next I say.

Would do if I thought they'd fit.  As it is we have to hire some guy who robs us blind for the gig.  Claims it's a difficult one because I've the stove put in.  Some rubbish about having to climb up on the roof and work from there.  Safety hazards and the like.  Scandalous. 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 08, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »

The girls have another day off from school.  Can't blame snow, ice or the bus driver this time.  Some religious holiday getting in the way today.  Asked them which one and all I got was, "I dunno.  We were meant to have one after Halloween and didn't, so this is to make up for it."  "What was the religious holiday after Halloween?"  "Dunno...and since when are you worried about religious holidays?"  Marv. 

Yet their religion teacher had nothing but praise for them.  Did she even know who she was talking about at the time? 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 08, 2010, 08:36:02 PM »

This video always makes me giggle.  It's the little things in life, huh?

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 22, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »

Blimey!  Two weeks since I posted last.  Wish I'd loads to report but there's been a whole lot of not much going on here.  We're snowed in - well and truly.  Managed to get out out of the house on the 13th to buy a badly needed new fridge/freezer.  Luck boxed delivery the following day into the bargain.  Even managed to pick up some crickets while I was at it.  Result!  Weather held out for those 24 hours and it's been brutal ever since.

I'm in a happy spot with the kids the ages they are.  No pressure as such to get those 'must have' presents as they're older and not really bothered.  The girls want to see the X-Factor concert in Dublin so I ordered the tickets (sigh) a few weeks back.  Brian just wants a decent speaker dock for his ipod.  Sorted.  Will also give them each some cash to spend in the sales as they like - job done.  No need to brave the elements.   

Today I had no choice though.  Had to get the Christmas dinner stuff in.  Serious business that, so it is.  With a deep sigh I crawled me way into town, fought the crowds, got the shopping done and made it home in one piece.  If I'd left it another day or two I risked manic crowds altogether as well as short/dodgy stock in the veg department. With the in-laws calling, that'd never do.  They take the Christmas dinner obscenely serious.  Only for the weather we've been having, they'd have dropped at least half a dozen recipes to me by now.  In years gone by they'd phone me up if a chef was doing something good on the telly.  Reckon there's been a brain freeze by them with all the cold because I didn't get a single "Turn on channel... QUICK!" call this month. 

They forget I'm a Yank.  We've turkey every year at Thanksgiving.  I know how to cook the damn things with me eyes closed.  Yet ever since I moved to Ireland I find meself questioning my ability with all their panic.  Well...not this year Josephine.  I'm gonna do it my way and it's gonna be fab.  So hush and let me at it. 

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 22, 2010, 08:00:25 PM »

Cassie and Lily are doing great!  They love their spot by the fire but also seem more animated with the weather.  Cassie more so than Lily.  Granted, we've half the cats in the neighbourhood calling which keeps Cassie entertained. 

On the downside - the PAIR of them are in season...FFS!  Was caught for a hop because Lily always had her schedule which we knew about and planned around.  Turns out when one goes, the other follows though and Lily's 'schedule' is out the window.  Marv.  They're not allowed upstairs until it passes and in the meantime we're worn from following the pair of them around with the fecking mop.  Just glad they mostly stay thrown down by the fire or we'd have issues. 

With that, we've had to put a stop to neighbourhood walks as half the country was calling to see them.  Pity, because Sarah and I were really enjoying the winter wander together with the dogs.  Ah well.  We can get back to it in a week or two when nature gives us a break.  In the mean time Cassie enjoys going mental out the backyard at whatever wildlife she's spotting through the trees.  And Lily stands there looking confused as ever god love her.

Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 22, 2010, 08:03:05 PM »

In case ya don't hear from me in the next couple of days...Happy Holidays everyone!!!  xx

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #835 on: January 09, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »

Bumps!

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 09, 2011, 12:12:47 PM »

Bumps!

this!  Tell us about your trip to the PCA. How did you get on? Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #837 on: January 09, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »

It's quiet....  too quiet.....   

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 10, 2011, 12:04:01 AM »

I'm in a bit of a conundrum at the minute.  Have LOTS on me mind, but not sure how much of it should be posted.  It's been a difficult month to say the least and it's not over yet.  Need to clear the brain, but can't completely clear it until 'the powers that be' are finished doing their thing.  No clue when that will be.  I'm feeling totally powerless in so many areas of my life right now, it's unreal.  And it's not a fun feeling.

That said...I'm sure I can muster up a few fun bits for ye if I put me mind to it.  Will get cracking tomorrow when I have the house to meself for a change.  xx

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 10, 2011, 12:32:55 AM »

xx

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: