blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:44:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8428 8429 8430 8431 [8432] 8433 8434 8435 8436 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13484928 times)
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #126465 on: March 16, 2017, 11:38:54 AM »

If we can get any 6-4 can we bet £100 on Yorkhill please

Good luck guys

Really?

There is clearly something wrong with Mullins horses, why would you want to risk a £100 on a 6/4 shot when we are getting good terms on the e/w market with a few books going 1/4 the odds 3 places.  

Personally I'd much rather have £50 e/w on Top Notch, it could be a free roll as he is 40% likely to be out of the top 3.

FYP

Would you rather be on Yorkhill or Top Notch from what we have witnessed this week?

How many winners would we have expected Mullins to have by now if everything was firing?

Same with Ruby, his confidence in the Mullins horses must be low.  

Betfred currently 7/4 Yorkhill
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 11:46:44 AM by PokerBroker » Logged
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #126466 on: March 16, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »

Good luck guys

Yorkhill 7-4 @ Bet Fred and Tote
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #126467 on: March 16, 2017, 11:48:26 AM »

Good luck guys

14-1 for new accounts up to a tenner at Paddy Power ( paid in free bets)..money back in free bets if second

https://promotions.paddypower.com/enhanced-odds-link-9?utm_medium=Partnerships&utm_source=2139736&utm_ad=308935975&btag=11062720_20170316101208750750000&AFF_ID=11062720&

decent offer for small punters

offer closes at 1pm
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126468 on: March 16, 2017, 12:04:53 PM »

How many winners would we have expected Mullins to have by now if everything was firing?

Same with Ruby, his confidence in the Mullins horses must be low.  

I'd have expected him to have 1, with Douvan.

I'm quite sure his confidence will be fine, as he has only lost on one horse that was expected to win, and the others have been running ok.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126469 on: March 16, 2017, 12:11:36 PM »

1.30 is a very good e/w race as poker broker says.  I have got Politilogue at 13/2 e/w.  I lose a tiny bit on the win price, but bacause of all the dead wood, I am getting 13/8 on an even money chance with the place.  I obv like this horse too.

If you want 25 e/w of this let me know Tighty.

This makes no difference to any Yorkhill bet.  If you can get 7/4 on a horse just short of 6/4 on the machine then that isn't bad either.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126470 on: March 16, 2017, 12:28:29 PM »

1.30 is a very good e/w race as poker broker says.  I have got Politilogue at 13/2 e/w.  I lose a tiny bit on the win price, but bacause of all the dead wood, I am getting 13/8 on an even money chance with the place.  I obv like this horse too.

This makes no difference to any Yorkhill bet.  If you can get 7/4 on a horse just short of 6/4 on the machine then that isn't bad either.

Politilogue yes,confirmed thanks

Not sure on Yorkhill, i wouldn't be doing £100 on it at the moment anyway. Small bets and hatches batten down a bit til the boss returns

As you and Fraser say the 7/4 Betfred i should probably do a bit of

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126471 on: March 16, 2017, 12:41:26 PM »

The other one I have put on for now is Clondaw Warrior at 28/1 quarter first 3 in the stayers.  Shouldn't be good enough to win this but could plod on for 3rd.  We beat betfair on the place and the win price is about right.

If you want 25 e/w let me know.  

I have another 3 or so where we aren't getting a good enough price but v busy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #126472 on: March 16, 2017, 12:45:16 PM »

I'm afraid there's many disagree. Rangers went bust, sold assets to another company included their 'share' which every premier league club has. Clubs voted against new company being allowed to enter a team in the league in rangers place. Rangers took part in the vote to let the new club in (unsuccessfully voted yes).
The new club then applied for membership of the sfl and were queue jumped into the 3rd division.

There's no way that was relegation, but too many vested interests want the new rangers to be the old one so a great myth arose.

The judge just punctured it. Was critical of both the punter and corals trying to play the rules.

Im not disagreeing about the chain of events leading to Rangers demise its about the morals & intent of the bet

The relevant question is this

If Rangers had stayed in the SPL would Corals of hunted the guy down to give him back is £100 ?

The answer is 100 % no they would not  FACT  hence the bet was live

Bear in mind the bet was authorized so it hadn't slipped through the net thru a renegade cashier

The bottom line is they got greedy for £100 , badly fucked up on the price and cried like babies using every trick in the book when they got caught   (totally out thought by the punter)

Pathetic

If you read the judge's ruling, they accepted the bet on the basis that Rangers would not be relegated. They weren't relegated. They were effectively disqualified from being in the SPL. They were then accepted as new members of the football league and had to start again in the bottom rung.

If the club had been renamed as New Rangers and the same happened, would you be saying they were relegated? That's effectively what happened when they were purchased by Sevco. The bet was settled correctly at the end of the SPL season.

I read the Judges ruling but that doesn't mean he is correct and lots of people dont agree with him ! Sounds like a revelation

Are we now saying the judge has ruled in favor of the bookies so he is now more knowledgeable  about the betting / bookmaking industry than everybody else ?

They free rolled the guy and cried like babies....regardless of the ruling

totally disagree, they didn't finish in a relegation place, they went out of business. They weren't dropped to the 3rd division, they were voted into it from not being an acknowledged club.

That's nothing to do with betting industry or what the judge knows or doesn't know about it.

The punter and the bookie both tried it on, but in no real version of events were the team relegated. Bet loses.it was only the ridiculous handling of the new rangers by the press and the football authorities allowed the relegation myth to come into play,  the punter claims he kept on top of the troubles rangers were in so he knew our should have known they weren't relegated and was pushing his luck.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #126473 on: March 16, 2017, 12:47:56 PM »

Not sure on Yorkhill, i wouldn't be doing £100 on it at the moment anyway. Small bets and hatches batten down a bit til the boss returns

Was thinking a bit about not putting on bets at all for thread.  The boss was lurking when I was on earlier and not sure I'd want him watching Cheltenham with money riding on every race.  I am not a doctor, but suspect that isn't what they have in mind when they say rest.  

We are obv well up on EV right now, so as good a place as any to stop.

Can still put up selections for everyone else, just not use thread money.

Any thoughts from anyone?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126474 on: March 16, 2017, 12:48:54 PM »

Good luck guys

having just logged in there its 11/8. maybe i missed an enhancement

My eyes are open wide
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #126475 on: March 16, 2017, 12:49:07 PM »

I'm afraid there's many disagree. Rangers went bust, sold assets to another company included their 'share' which every premier league club has. Clubs voted against new company being allowed to enter a team in the league in rangers place. Rangers took part in the vote to let the new club in (unsuccessfully voted yes).
The new club then applied for membership of the sfl and were queue jumped into the 3rd division.

There's no way that was relegation, but too many vested interests want the new rangers to be the old one so a great myth arose.

The judge just punctured it. Was critical of both the punter and corals trying to play the rules.

Im not disagreeing about the chain of events leading to Rangers demise its about the morals & intent of the bet

The relevant question is this

If Rangers had stayed in the SPL would Corals of hunted the guy down to give him back is £100 ?

The answer is 100 % no they would not  FACT  hence the bet was live

Bear in mind the bet was authorized so it hadn't slipped through the net thru a renegade cashier

The bottom line is they got greedy for £100 , badly fucked up on the price and cried like babies using every trick in the book when they got caught   (totally out thought by the punter)

Pathetic

If you read the judge's ruling, they accepted the bet on the basis that Rangers would not be relegated. They weren't relegated. They were effectively disqualified from being in the SPL. They were then accepted as new members of the football league and had to start again in the bottom rung.

If the club had been renamed as New Rangers and the same happened, would you be saying they were relegated? That's effectively what happened when they were purchased by Sevco. The bet was settled correctly at the end of the SPL season.

I read the Judges ruling but that doesn't mean he is correct and lots of people dont agree with him ! Sounds like a revelation

Are we now saying the judge has ruled in favor of the bookies so he is now more knowledgeable  about the betting / bookmaking industry than everybody else ?

They free rolled the guy and cried like babies....regardless of the ruling

totally disagree, they didn't finish in a relegation place, they went out of business. They weren't dropped to the 3rd division, they were voted into it from not being an acknowledged club.

That's nothing to do with betting industry or what the judge knows or doesn't know about it.

The punter and the bookie both tried it on, but in no real version of events were the team relegated. Bet loses.it was only the ridiculous handling of the new rangers by the press and the football authorities allowed the relegation myth to come into play,  the punter claims he kept on top of the troubles rangers were in so he knew our should have known they weren't relegated and was pushing his luck.

I agree with Rod here - both the punter and the bookie were angle-shooting.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126476 on: March 16, 2017, 12:55:28 PM »

Was thinking a bit about not putting on bets at all for thread.  The boss was lurking when I was on earlier and not sure I'd want him watching Cheltenham with money riding on every race.  I am not a doctor, but suspect that isn't what they have in mind when they say rest. 

please keep putting them up

i for one back them, which has made for a fun week

the most important thing as always is that ideas go up, the thread doesn't need to do them at all

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126477 on: March 16, 2017, 12:55:59 PM »

1.30 is a very good e/w race as poker broker says.  I have got Politilogue at 13/2 e/w.  I lose a tiny bit on the win price, but bacause of all the dead wood, I am getting 13/8 on an even money chance with the place.  I obv like this horse too.

This makes no difference to any Yorkhill bet.  If you can get 7/4 on a horse just short of 6/4 on the machine then that isn't bad either.

Was thinking a bit about not putting on bets at all for thread.  The boss was lurking when I was on earlier and not sure I'd want him watching Cheltenham with money riding on every race.  I am not a doctor, but suspect that isn't what they have in mind when they say rest.  

Morning David.

I'm fine & dandy now, with no after effects.

I'm a bit overwhelmed with PM's, e-mails, texts, phone calls & the like so have not had chance yet to post anything on blonde or Next Door, & also I had some business to attend to. Will post soon.

I have no after effects from the procedure I had on Monday ("primary angioplasty") other than I have to eat properly, exercise properly, take a zillion different tablets every day, &, obv, not smoke or drink.

Excite me all you like, it was all rather pleasantly surreal to miss the first 2 days completely only to then find we'd earned (you'd earned us....) best part of a grand in my absence.  How good do I run?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #126478 on: March 16, 2017, 12:56:44 PM »

SPIN

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126479 on: March 16, 2017, 12:58:42 PM »

The other one I have put on for now is Clondaw Warrior at 28/1 quarter first 3 in the stayers.  Shouldn't be good enough to win this but could plod on for 3rd.  We beat betfair on the place and the win price is about right.

If you want 25 e/w let me know. 

I have another 3 or so where we aren't getting a good enough price but v busy.

Clondaw Warrior confirmed then  Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 8428 8429 8430 8431 [8432] 8433 8434 8435 8436 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: