blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 05:27:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 501507 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1830 on: January 30, 2015, 03:21:29 PM »

big outside at hove bags today from the way the first 3 races have been run
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: January 30, 2015, 08:28:19 PM »

I'm surprised to see evens for Evanta Fantasy in the second last at Romford, can see it going off odds on. It might be aided by an inside bias if that carries on from yesterday ref Arbboy. If so the 6/4 on Vanfrenchie in the last could be big as well. I'm happy to take a chance on these two shorties. Have u had a look scotty?

Missed the earlier evens but still had my max bet on at 10/11. Will go off shorter, for sure. Plus it'll win.

I love to oppose Vanfrenchie as I think on occasion it goes off a fair bit too short, but still undecided on this one.

EF is hobbsy's lay of the day. Lump on!!!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: January 30, 2015, 09:01:13 PM »

usual friday outside bias at sunderland.  Favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: January 30, 2015, 11:02:03 PM »

I'm surprised to see evens for Evanta Fantasy in the second last at Romford, can see it going off odds on. It might be aided by an inside bias if that carries on from yesterday ref Arbboy. If so the 6/4 on Vanfrenchie in the last could be big as well. I'm happy to take a chance on these two shorties. Have u had a look scotty?

Missed the earlier evens but still had my max bet on at 10/11. Will go off shorter, for sure. Plus it'll win.

I love to oppose Vanfrenchie as I think on occasion it goes off a fair bit too short, but still undecided on this one.

Oi oi, returned odds on, winner!!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: January 30, 2015, 11:23:41 PM »

Oi oi, returned odds on, winner!!

wp omm that truely gagged up.  I laid Frenchie in the end right on the off.  Seemed plenty short enough.  I made the 5 the fav in race.  When 3 pinged was all over though.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: January 31, 2015, 12:16:39 AM »

usual friday outside bias at sunderland.  Favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home.

I'm so baffled at how you can come to this conclusion based on the first 5/6 races tonight.

I'm also baffled at how every meeting has a bias.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: January 31, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »

usual friday outside bias at sunderland.  Favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home.

I'm so baffled at how you can come to this conclusion based on the first 5/6 races tonight.

Pretty easy when you watch every race and watch numerous dogs over/under perform compared to expectations when they have clear runs relative to the sp.  I was pretty confident after watching the first 2 races at Sunderland tonight and traded accordingly but didn't post here til i was more confident.   Did you watch the first 6 races at sunderland tonight?  If you did why did you think it wasn't favouring the outsides?  The key race to confirm it was the monster gamble on t5 in the hcap which is a railer and it went rails and found nothing when on all known form it should have won the race relatively easily from the position it was in.  t4 was a wide runner and won relatively easily.

When did i say every meeting has a bias?  I probably post 5 or 6 biases a week and there are 10+ meetings a day which i bet on 7 days a week.  Biases are much more common this time of year when there are extreme weather conditions and the tracks are constantly salted.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:53:14 AM by arbboy » Logged
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: January 31, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »

usual friday outside bias at sunderland.  Favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home.

Pretty easy when you watch every race and watch numerous dogs over/under perform compared to expectations when they have clear runs relative to the sp.  I was pretty confident after watching the first 2 races at Sunderland tonight and traded accordingly but didn't post here til i was more confident.   Did you watch the first 6 races at sunderland tonight?  If you did why did you think it wasn't favouring the outsides?  The key race to confirm it was the monster gamble on t5 in the hcap which is a railer and it went rails and found nothing when on all known form it should have won the race relatively easily from the position it was in.  t4 was a wide runner and won relatively easily.

When did i say every meeting has a bias?  I probably post 5 or 6 biases a week and there are 10+ meetings a day which i bet on 7 days a week.  Biases are much more common this time of year when there are extreme weather conditions and the tracks are constantly salted.

Yes I watched all the races. And as for any bias, I couldn't say there was one come the end of the night. I'd say the track was slow but not favouring any particular areas enough to call it a 'bias'.

You posted up a bias at about 830ish (blonde clock is about 30 mins ahead of realtime), saying favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home. We have 5 races before 830pm:

Race 1 : The 1 dog (railer, 4th fav 4/1) led to the third bend and was beaten by the dog in 3 (mid-rails runner, 5th fav 5/1) who is a strong runner, and no doubt the heavy going would have favoured his running style. The joint favourites in this race, Trap 6 (clear run, finished 4th 3/1jf), and Trap 5 (3/1jf, crowded run up, finished last).

Not really a bias there that I can see, and certainly not favoured railers finding nothing?

Race 2 : The 6 dog (5/2f) wins, again coming from behind, with 2 (4/1), 3 (7/2) & 1 (5/1) finishing 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Not really an unfancied wide powering home - the dog went off favourite while unfavoured railers finished in the next 3 places.

Race 3 : The winner of the race (Trap 4 4/1) went clear at the first after all the other 4 dogs went round together in what was very bunched. Trap 1 was a 6/4f in the race and slow away, and then impeded at the third bend (as were all the runners behind the runaway leader).

A favoured railer, not winning. Not really finding nothing as it wasn't exactly a clear run. But if you want to claim a win on this one then feel free.

Race 4 : Trap 2, a dog on its debut (who I offered to buy only 3 weeks ago dirt cheap, but the trainer didnt want to let it leave the kennel Sad ) wins the race at 6/1. The 5 dog went off 2/1 favourite and although got a slight bump at the first bend, went on to finish 3rd. The 1 dog was 4/1 (j3rdf) and the 6 dog (5/1 5thf) came together out of the second bend and finished 5th and 6th.

Again, insiders certainly not fancied however the 6/1 poke from Trap 2 wins the race. The favourite in Trap 5 did not.

Race 5 : Winner was Trap 6 (4/1) - a strong runner who showed good enough early to go round with Trap 1 (also 4/1). 6 got on top by the third bend and went on to win nicely from Trap 2 who stayed on (8/1) and red finishing back in third.

Not exactly a favoured railer finding nothing, 4/1 and 8/1 pokes. The red won a race a few runs back in 27.82. His calculated time for this race was 27.87. So he has just basically ran his race, with again, the going not really on an early paced type side.

So, I still find it really hard how you find a bias out of those 5 races? I can carry on for the rest of the night in similar fashion too. If anything, the going was not favouring early paced sorts with the heavy ground, and strong runners that turned close enough were finding enough to get up.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: January 31, 2015, 11:32:50 AM »

Yes I watched all the races. And as for any bias, I couldn't say there was one come the end of the night. I'd say the track was slow but not favouring any particular areas enough to call it a 'bias'.

You posted up a bias at about 830ish (blonde clock is about 30 mins ahead of realtime), saying favoured railers finding nothing and unfancied wides flying home. We have 5 races before 830pm:

Race 1 : The 1 dog (railer, 4th fav 4/1) led to the third bend and was beaten by the dog in 3 (mid-rails runner, 5th fav 5/1) who is a strong runner, and no doubt the heavy going would have favoured his running style. The joint favourites in this race, Trap 6 (clear run, finished 4th 3/1jf), and Trap 5 (3/1jf, crowded run up, finished last).

Not really a bias there that I can see, and certainly not favoured railers finding nothing?

Race 2 : The 6 dog (5/2f) wins, again coming from behind, with 2 (4/1), 3 (7/2) & 1 (5/1) finishing 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Not really an unfancied wide powering home - the dog went off favourite while unfavoured railers finished in the next 3 places.

Race 3 : The winner of the race (Trap 4 4/1) went clear at the first after all the other 4 dogs went round together in what was very bunched. Trap 1 was a 6/4f in the race and slow away, and then impeded at the third bend (as were all the runners behind the runaway leader).

A favoured railer, not winning. Not really finding nothing as it wasn't exactly a clear run. But if you want to claim a win on this one then feel free.

Race 4 : Trap 2, a dog on its debut (who I offered to buy only 3 weeks ago dirt cheap, but the trainer didnt want to let it leave the kennel Sad ) wins the race at 6/1. The 5 dog went off 2/1 favourite and although got a slight bump at the first bend, went on to finish 3rd. The 1 dog was 4/1 (j3rdf) and the 6 dog (5/1 5thf) came together out of the second bend and finished 5th and 6th.

Again, insiders certainly not fancied however the 6/1 poke from Trap 2 wins the race. The favourite in Trap 5 did not.

Race 5 : Winner was Trap 6 (4/1) - a strong runner who showed good enough early to go round with Trap 1 (also 4/1). 6 got on top by the third bend and went on to win nicely from Trap 2 who stayed on (8/1) and red finishing back in third.

Not exactly a favoured railer finding nothing, 4/1 and 8/1 pokes. The red won a race a few runs back in 27.82. His calculated time for this race was 27.87. So he has just basically ran his race, with again, the going not really on an early paced type side.

So, I still find it really hard how you find a bias out of those 5 races? I can carry on for the rest of the night in similar fashion too. If anything, the going was not favouring early paced sorts with the heavy ground, and strong runners that turned close enough were finding enough to get up.

Welcome to the forum.  Appreciate the time you took to post.  Must have taken a while to do all of that.  I prefer to use bf sp/market moves than track sp/market moves as most Sunderland layers at the track operate without betfair and create numerous juicy arbs most Friday nights on the tv.  I also factor in how badly dogs run when they are heavily backed and under perform.  

Everyone has their own methods of doing things and i was pretty certain it was favouring the wides last night maybe less so as the meeting went on but from the early races i am happy to stand by my view.  Obviously you have every right to your own opinion.

The third race t4 went off close to 9/1 on betfair having drifted from 4/1 to 9/1 on the off (you quote 4/1 sp which means nothing to me as i work to 100% prices not the 130% track prices) and was easily the slowest dog in the race on all known form.  The hcap race where t5 was smashed off the board (a railer) had every chance and found nothing coming home when it should easily have won the race given the run it had.  These two races alone suggested (correctly or incorrectly) that the outsides were going better than the rails. 
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 11:39:08 AM by arbboy » Logged
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: January 31, 2015, 11:39:48 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Appreciate the time you took to post.  Must have taken a while to do all of that.  I prefer to use bf sp/market moves than track sp/market moves as most Sunderland layers at the track operate without betfair and create numerous juicy arbs most Friday nights on the tv.  I also factor in how badly dogs run when they are heavily backed and under perform. 

Everyone has their own methods of doing things and i was pretty certain it was favouring the wides last night maybe less so as the meeting went on but from the early races i am happy to stand by my view.  Obviously you have every right to your own opinion.

Fair play. Thanks for the welcome.

It's all in the detail, and as you say, everyone sees things differently to others.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: January 31, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »

Welcome to the forum.  Appreciate the time you took to post.  Must have taken a while to do all of that.  I prefer to use bf sp/market moves than track sp/market moves as most Sunderland layers at the track operate without betfair and create numerous juicy arbs most Friday nights on the tv.  I also factor in how badly dogs run when they are heavily backed and under perform.  

Everyone has their own methods of doing things and i was pretty certain it was favouring the wides last night maybe less so as the meeting went on but from the early races i am happy to stand by my view.  Obviously you have every right to your own opinion.

It's all in the detail, and as you say, everyone sees things differently to others.

No worries.  You sound like a pretty clued up punter so your input will be more than welcome on here and TFT.  What tracks do you specialise in on the dogs or are you just a general punter?  You mainly back/lay?  Oncourse/firms/exchanges?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:01:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: January 31, 2015, 12:50:56 PM »

Nice refreshing change to have a decent debate that doesn't decened into slagging each other off on the forum. Just goes to shows what a better class of debater us dog men are, well done chaps.

Great addition to the thread Matty, be great if u could join us on a Romford Friday night, Sky night or any of the ante post races.

What do u think for the Golden Jacket?
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: January 31, 2015, 12:53:11 PM »

No worries.  You sound like a pretty clued up punter so your input will be more than welcome on here and TFT.  What tracks do you specialise in on the dogs or are you just a general punter?  You mainly back/lay?  Oncourse/firms/exchanges?

I have bet dogs for the last 10/15 years really. It's around this time of the year I start getting excited as it's leading up to the Greyhound derby.

Like most dog punters I like certain tracks, although I have not kept up with a few of late since alot of them have changed traps etc it alters any previous form considerably.

Romford is where I would say I am most comfortable reading form, I was a kennelhand there until fairly recently and also did a little bit at Swindon before that.

I have managed to do well at Wimbledon for the Derby over the last few years, sadly didn't have Salad Dodger though, instead I had Droopys Ward antepost. I did have Sidaz Jack and Blonde Snapper antepost the two years before that though.

I used to like betting Hove on a Thursday night but after they changed traps towards the end of 2014 I stopped following for a while as sectionals were thrown right out with some dogs unable to adjust. Romford changed traps on the 1st of April last year iirc and as I was still working there at that time I was able to pay a bit more attention to the sectional timings etc, so feel I am still there or thereabouts.

I am probably as out of touch on the Open Race scene now, than any other time over the last few years to be honest, and will be getting my head back into it over the coming months before the Derby.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: January 31, 2015, 12:58:22 PM »

As for backing/laying. I'll generally only back, I only get laid in one/two places now (B365, Bfred(restricted slightly) so I have to use the exchanges. Bet365 is crucial for early prices though so i'm glad I still have that account.

I don't really lay like I read you do sometimes. I like to follow my gut/opinion but laying a dog that is 5.0 on Betfair in a 100% book because I think it is a few points short is something I wouldn't really do. I don't mind laying a short priced dog that I really think is over-rated or always underpriced. (Not Evanta Fantasy though Hobbsy, eh?).

I'm generally a punter who likes to find a bit of value as opposed to putting up even money shots etc.
MattyHollis

View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: January 31, 2015, 01:02:07 PM »

Nice refreshing change to have a decent debate that doesn't decened into slagging each other off on the forum. Just goes to shows what a better class of debater us dog men are, well done chaps.

Great addition to the thread Matty, be great if u could join us on a Romford Friday night, Sky night or any of the ante post races.

What do u think for the Golden Jacket?

Honestly, as I said a minute ago, I am quite out of touch on the OR scene. I will be having a little look obviously and when I do i'll see if I am on the same wave length of others!

I actually only really joined this forum for the sports area, as I don't play poker, with greyhounds being my first love, and NFL quickly becoming my 2nd.
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: