blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 21, 2024, 04:13:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272711 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Walsall GukPT: Day 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Walsall GukPT: Day 1B - Interactive  (Read 45984 times)
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 16, 2007, 06:49:44 PM »

The following players have all bitten the dust:

Terry Nelson
Nigel Ong
Greek Jack
Paul Morrow
Andy Wright
Jaime Ponte

Greek Jack was the 99 against JP's AK... Apart from that, JP had been steadily accumulating chips with a continuous raise policy, while at the same time managing to avoid the potshots taken at him by the other players (including checking 88 the last two streets on a 5-T-T-T-5 board and being shown Queens).  So he seems happy that he's (a) playing well and (b) approaching average chips for Day Two.

vinni

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 16, 2007, 06:50:37 PM »

any news on john exley

burnley john plz

i`v become cos`s bitch
warrior

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2007, 06:54:37 PM »

any chance of a pic of jon hewston playing? thumbs up
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: February 16, 2007, 06:56:20 PM »

Steve Jelinek: "I've made a comeback from 8k, but was on 5k after my bluff failed.I had an open straight draw on a Jack high flop. Jack came on the Turn and I bet the River, but he called with Kings, I think I would have folded the way it panned out, but aah well."

Paul King: "Have 5k, can't get going, losing it in dribs and drabs really, couple of hundred here and there to hit draws which aren't comin."

Rob Garfield: Still got 9k, but can't get anything. No Aces, pair, nothing - bit fed up."

"Nothing exciting has happened to me," says Carlo Citrone.

"Much dwelling?" I ask.

"I've had no cards to dwell with," he moans.

"You don't need cards to Dwell, Carlo," I respond.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 16, 2007, 06:58:30 PM »

Steve Jelinek isn't too happy that his 10% keeps going out first hand. It's happened before, and then again yesterday, so I think he's reconsidering his investment on who we are now calling, 'One Hand Rumit'.
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 16, 2007, 06:59:44 PM »

The chip lead has a surprise new tenant - Ed Giddens, who's had "three big hands" in quick succession to reach the 30k mark first...

1)  He held T-Q and went for a call of 600 on a 4-8-9 flop, which brought, on the turn, a flush draw, and on the river, a Queen-high flush, which he was paid to the tune of 1,500.  This story was prefaced with, "I called with a gutshot," and I was fully expecting that to be hit at the end of the story and consider a flush, though higher-ranking, to be a poor substitute.

2)  His three diamonds spiked a set on the flop, eventually getting the whole stack of the who was against him.

3)  He saw a 7-handed limp flop(!) on the Button with 6-8.  Extraordinarily, the A-6-3 flop was checked round.  The turn brought another Six, and Ed Giddens faced a tight player betting out 600, another rock* raising to 1,500, and a call from Burnley John.  So what seemed like the best plan?  Min raise- of course!  This resulted, somehow, in three passes, including a Six in Burnley's hand. 

*I would just like to add that all player categorisation is Ed Giddens' own. 

hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 16, 2007, 07:00:15 PM »

Steve Jelinek: "I've made a comeback from 8k, but was on 5k after my bluff failed.I had an open straight draw on a Jack high flop. Jack came on the Turn and I bet the River, but he called with Kings, I think I would have folded the way it panned out, but aah well."

Paul King: "Have 5k, can't get going, losing it in dribs and drabs really, couple of hundred here and there to hit draws which aren't comin."

Rob Garfield: Still got 9k, but can't get anything. No Aces, pair, nothing - bit fed up."

"Nothing exciting has happened to me," says Carlo Citrone.

"Much dwelling?" I ask.

"I've had no cards to dwell with," he moans.

"You don't need cards to Dwell, Carlo," I respond.

pmsl i  no the blind r 1hr long with him on your table the blinds will fell like 10 mins long lol
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: February 16, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »

Mark Hawkins was commenting that Dubai raised virtually every single hand. "He just gets bored, he's done well this year online. I reckon if he just played it properly, people would pay him off because they think he's a comedy player."
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: February 16, 2007, 07:01:35 PM »

Chip counts and Jon Hewston piccy coming up following my next venture into the battlefield.
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 16, 2007, 07:04:51 PM »

can we have leaders chip counts please.how many have mr cavanagh and ed got?cheers
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 16, 2007, 07:06:47 PM »

update on shaft plz,  tys

No worries.

ps. Is it Shafiq or Shaffiq?

Second one.

snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: February 16, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »

can we have leaders chip counts please.how many have mr cavanagh and ed got?cheers

Certainly, Jen's out there now, give her a moment. I'm eating a few quick chips cos I haven't had anything today, but when I'm done, I'll head out and get the counts for the top 5.
sweepstr

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 16, 2007, 07:10:50 PM »

Certainly, Jen's out there now, give her a moment. I'm eating a few quick chips cos I haven't had anything today, but when I'm done, I'll head out and get the counts for the top 5.
ok cheers .i get excited you see.love the chip counts which sums up my sad existence lol
snoopy1239

View Profile WWW
« Reply #133 on: February 16, 2007, 07:13:39 PM »

As requested...

Jon 'Texas' Hewston -- 12,400

hotdog
snap

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 16, 2007, 07:15:26 PM »

snoops cud u do me a favour an ask johnny hewston if hes goin to dortmund plzzz??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: