blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 07:09:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  State of the Forum
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: State of the Forum  (Read 30601 times)
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2008, 09:23:02 PM »

Hopefully the Blonde forum will continue for many years to come but I'm just a bit concerned about the family friendly idea and whether that means the end of norkage pics as we know them, this would be an awful mistake, I know for a FACT that Jeeves visited that Spearmint place in LV after seeing some of the T6 norkage and just think we wouldn't have had his wonderful diary if it wasn't for the Blonde forum.
Long live Blonde and if trouble makers have to be ejected so be it like Grandad TJ said the original goal posts were for a friendly atmosphere and that shouldn't have to change.

Mate, Norkage is a part of blonde ... snoopy doesnt do much, but Dana knows how to please the masses with a camera.  and I will always do my bit if I am at a venue ... NORKAGE STAYS Wink

Music to my ears.....Kev is a man..............well kind of

FYP

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Rookie (Rodney)

ISHIKAWAAAAAAAAA

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2008, 09:34:47 PM »

I don't post on Blonde much, though i read most days.

I have lots of blonde friends and i get far more from blonde than they get from me. I decided to post a message of agreement/support to Tony and the Blonde staff generally, but if i'm honest i can't quite find the words i want to say. So maybe just a plain Thank you will suffice and i hope this stance gets the result we all want (well who doesn't?).

Thank you,

Matt Tyler

Just read through your Blondepedia profile sir, this post justifies all that Snoopy wrote for it.

Geo

Very good post Matt.

And Geo, Matt is every word of his blondepedia write up, and more. He is a top top guy and one of my favourite people I look forward to seeing when I play a comp away from home. Having him on your table (like I did at DTD), is a pleasure. Even if he did take my remaining chips - fish.

I met him last year in Drogheda, sharing a table again, and we both recognised each other through Blonde screen names than our own names!! Thats how big Blonde is, and how great it is.

I hope you do whatever is needed TK & Gang, to keep this ship sailing smoothly. Even if that does mean banning me Smiley

(pls dont ban me)

HI HELEN!
tao82

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2008, 09:35:57 PM »

hi would like just to add my little bit dont post very often but read the forum most days and would say this place is one of the main reasons got so into poker and has helped me imrove my game a lot. friendly and welcoming with any questions that need be answered on a variety of subjects. long may the forum run and improve
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2008, 09:36:40 PM »

I feel a bit guilty about not playing more on blonde. Sure, I play all the promo jobbies and the Wednesday Donkathon for the craic, but I would love to make it my main site. I only play one MTT a day so I'm not gonna make you a fortune but I'd like blonde to benefit from my pastime, as much as my leisuretime benefits from blonde.

Fact is though, I just can't bring myself NOT to play the Boss €22 Deepstack each evening. If iPoker had a similarly structured tourney (5000 chips, all levels, 12-30 minutes level times and antes) I would happily migrate - perhaps they have but I've not spotted one.

Also, please can we have a weekly, seasonal league - nothing I enjoy more than pitting my fishy wits against people I know (both actually and virtually).

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: July 16, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »

Kev maybe you could arrange a Blonde norkage calendar to raise funds

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:17 PM »

Kev maybe you could arrange a Blonde norkage calendar to raise funds

Thats possibly the best idea ever, ever, ever
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:32 PM »

Old McTikay has a Forum,
Eee  II eee III oooo
and on that Forum there were some TW4Ts
Eee III eeee iiii ooooo

and he banned a twat here, banned a twat there
here a twat, there a twat

Everywhere a banned twat

old McTikay banned the twats

EEE iii EEEE IIII OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please dont ban me, but I couldnt resist

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Ginger
Queen of Purple

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2008, 09:48:39 PM »

Old McTikay has a Forum,
Eee  II eee III oooo
and on that Forum there were some TW4Ts
Eee III eeee iiii ooooo

and he banned a twat here, banned a twat there
here a twat, there a twat

Everywhere a banned twat

old McTikay banned the twats

EEE iii EEEE IIII OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please dont ban me, but I couldnt resist

LOL that just about sums up my feelings some days!

“Half a truth is often a great lie.” ~ Benjamin Franklin
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2008, 09:57:29 PM »

I hope you do whatever is needed TK & Gang, to keep this ship sailing smoothly.

+1

I love this forum, and the group of people that are members of it. Even though I've only met some of them once or twice I can honestly say I almost see them as family (Very distant ugly cousins before you think I've gone all soppy Wink ) and my door, literally, would always be open to them.

Sure the occasional hiccup will occur where people argue a bit and someone oversteps the mark, as I have done on 1 occasion (that I remember), but that's what will happen sometimes when people feel passionate about certain things..Things can get a bit out of hand, in the end you make up and it's all good (At least that's my feeling on that sort of thing). For me it's not so much "We need to ban people if they can't have a civilised arguement" but more "People should realise when they've gone too far, apologise and get on with it and try to be a bit more sensitive next time".

As far as playing on Blonde is concerned..I do my best, I will probably never be one of Blonde's highest rakers as I simply don't have the cash to be..I'd like to think that if I did manage to win the lottery I'd use Blonde as my main poker playing site butthat's about as far as that goes.

Blonde not being around would be a massive loss to me because of the good group of people that are members here and also because I would need to find another forum where I can spend all day posting while I should be working.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2008, 10:01:41 PM »

I hope you do whatever is needed TK & Gang, to keep this ship sailing smoothly.

+1

I love this forum, and the group of people that are members of it. Even though I've only met some of them once or twice I can honestly say I almost see them as family (Very distant ugly cousins before you think I've gone all soppy Wink ) and my door, literally, would always be open to them.

Sure the occasional hiccup will occur where people argue a bit and someone oversteps the mark, as I have done on 1 occasion (that I remember), but that's what will happen sometimes when people feel passionate about certain things..Things can get a bit out of hand, in the end you make up and it's all good (At least that's my feeling on that sort of thing). For me it's not so much "We need to ban people if they can't have a civilised arguement" but more "People should realise when they've gone too far, apologise and get on with it and try to be a bit more sensitive next time".

As far as playing on Blonde is concerned..I do my best, I will probably never be one of Blonde's highest rakers as I simply don't have the cash to be..I'd like to think that if I did manage to win the lottery I'd use Blonde as my main poker playing site butthat's about as far as that goes.

Blonde not being around would be a massive loss to me because of the good group of people that are members here and also because I would need to find another forum where I can spend all day posting while I should be working.

In short,  Boldie would be bored at work without blonde

Holster those weapons boys!

"And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept, for there were no more worlds to conquer."

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Grier78
www.AllInOnADraw.com

www.AllInOnADraw.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2008, 10:10:37 PM »

I think Blonde is such a great community, with a really good mix of pro's and beginners. A lot of people on here have quite a dry sense of humour though, which suits me but does seem to rile up others.

I play all my cash on the Blonde site now, though I only play small stakes so don't contribute much.

If I have ever offended anyone on here then I apologise, though to the best of my knowledge I haven't.

Long may Blonde continue and prosper.

Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2008, 10:22:30 PM »

I think Blonde is such a great community, with a really good mix of pro's and beginners. A lot of people on here have quite a dry sense of humour though, which suits me but does seem to rile up others.

I play all my cash on the Blonde site now, though I only play small stakes so don't contribute much.

If I have ever offended anyone on here then I apologise, though to the best of my knowledge I haven't.

Never ever think like that ... the fact you play on blonde at all is much appreciated ... if we had more like you, I would be happy.

Thanks to you, and everyone else who does their bit.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2008, 10:23:45 PM »

Never ever think like that ... the fact you play on blonde at all is much appreciated ... if we had more like you, I would be happy.

Thanks to you, and everyone else who does their bit.

Never mind all that - when does the banning start?
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2008, 10:50:00 PM »

Having read the replies to date I've noticed 2 things.

1 - the mods get too distracted by the troublemakers which is to be expected. There's a far higher proportion of nice people & I'm feeling a lot better about things after reading the replies.

2 - We forget about the lurkers, some of whom have been brave enough to front up & say their piece (and we hope they decide to stay out of cover and post more).

Thanks folks, the mods lounge has been like a bad comprehensive's staff room lately, because we'd lost a bit of focus on the people that make this forum fun. The responses to this have reminded me at least of why I'm part of this board, even boldie, rookie and that muppet Billy Wink

FMP (Fixed My Post)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 10:56:27 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Newmanseye

I defy you, stars!

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2008, 10:53:39 PM »

Having read the replies to date I've noticed 2 things.

1 - the mods get too distracted by the troublemakers which is to be expected. There's a far higher proportion of nice people & I'm feeling a lot better about things after reading the replies.

2 - We forget about the lurkers, some of whom have been brave enough to front up & say their piece (and we hope they decide to stay out of cover and post more).

Thanks folks, the mods lounge has been like a bad comprehensive's staff room lately, because we'd lost a bit of focus on the people that make this forum fun. The responses to this have reminded me at least of why I'm part of this board, even boldie & rookie Wink

Rod's a MOD!!

FFS WHAT WERE YOU THINKING !!!!!

Hans Gruber - Die Hard
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: