blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 01:48:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Things I wish I knew
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Things I wish I knew  (Read 112494 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: August 11, 2013, 08:37:39 AM »

Why Chinese people (sorry Ho) are so rude. In Macau atm and literally noone ever puts their hand over their mouth when they burp or cough . It's fucking tilting me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 11, 2013, 10:07:10 AM »

Why some poker players have another peek at their cards when they win a pot without showdown.

I do this.  I have no idea why i do it.  I feel a bit daft now.

me too.

It's often like giving ourselves a pat on the back.

'Did I really have that!? Man I played it well. Good job me!'

For me I think it's that last second 'shall I show it' before they go in the muck.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #242 on: August 11, 2013, 10:17:24 AM »

Why Chinese people (sorry Ho) are so rude. In Macau atm and literally noone ever puts their hand over their mouth when they burp or cough . It's fucking tilting me.

Yesterday I sat next to a genuinely nice, well mannered young man who had oily hair, greasy skin complete with freshly squeezed boils, green suede teeth and breath that could stop a charging rino.

When he coughed, (Which was frequently) I could see the spittle flying across the table.

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #243 on: August 11, 2013, 10:38:52 AM »

Yesterday I sat next to a genuinely nice, well mannered young man who had oily hair, greasy skin complete with freshly squeezed boils, green suede teeth and breath that could stop a charging rino.

When he coughed, (Which was frequently) I could see the spittle flying across the table.

Apologies.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #244 on: August 11, 2013, 10:44:04 AM »

Just for clarity, I wasn't agreeing with Cos. (But then who does?)  Roll Eyes

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #245 on: August 11, 2013, 11:53:11 AM »

Apologies.

ORLY?

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 11, 2013, 12:24:54 PM »

ORLY?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2013, 12:43:10 PM »

Chinese have got a terrible rep for being rude, not the ones from Hong Kong but mainland China.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1251239/why-are-chinese-tourists-so-rude?page=all

Russians are pretty bad too. It's only in the last few years since these guys started traveling more that they have started to pop up on the radar.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 12:47:26 PM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2013, 12:58:49 PM »

Chinese have got a terrible rep for being rude, not the ones from Hong Kong but mainland China.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1251239/why-are-chinese-tourists-so-rude?page=all

Russians are pretty bad too. It's only in the last few years since these guys started traveling more that they have started to pop up on the radar.

Yep. 1.3 billion people, all rude. It must be true, someone wrote it in a blog.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2013, 01:07:31 PM »

No that is only one article, I did not form my opinion from that, I just used it as an example nothing more. They have a reputation for it same as Russians, the more you travel the more you see it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:09:43 PM by Woodsey » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #250 on: August 11, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

No that is only one article, I did not form my opinion from that, I just used it as an example nothing more. They have a reputation for it same as Russians, the more you travel the more you see it.

Ah, I see.

What about the Brit's reputation for being larger louts abroad? Does that mean we're just as bad as everyone else?

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 11, 2013, 01:19:20 PM »

Ah. I see.

What about the Brit's reputation for being larger louts abroad? Does that mean we're just as bad as everyone else?

For sure there are plenty of idiot brits abroad too, not going to argue there.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #252 on: August 11, 2013, 01:21:57 PM »

Ah. I see.

So we agree then. By and large, allowing for cultural differences, people are pretty much the same the world over. Good and bad in all.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 11, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »

Ah. I see.

So we agree then. By and large, allowing for cultural differences, people are pretty much the same the world over. Good and bad in all.

No, some nationalities are far better than others and some are worse. If you travel more you will see it, anyway cba arguing I was just agreeing with Cos' observations nothing more.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: August 11, 2013, 01:28:11 PM »

Ah. I see.

No, some nationalities are far better than others and some are worse. If you travel more you will see it, anyway cba arguing I was just agreeing with Cos' observations nothing more.

Far better at what?

CBA arguing? So you just want to have the last word and leave it at that?

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: