blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:26:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Raziel2689 Heads Up 2014 Grind  (Read 31322 times)
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 07, 2014, 05:52:53 AM »

Day 37

VPPs - 1557
VPPs This Month - 7783
VPPs - 53,717

HUSNGs - $290

Feb Profit - $2506
Feb Rakeback - $611

Lots of action against regs today, got in a bit of a hole early but kept at it and turned it around. Volume so far this month has been kinda shaky. So far this month my dinner break has been about 4 hours a day which really isn't going to cut it but results have been good so I can hide behind those at least for now. Definitely putting at 6+ hour day tomorrow to gain some ground. Definitely definitely. Maybe Smiley

Going with Wilkinson for todays musical offering. He had a massive year in 2013 with his debut album Lazers Not Included and the first single from that album 'Afterglow' made it to #8 on the UK Singles chart. Always nice to get the sound out there and charting top 10 means good exposure. So many tracks I could post, check out his Soundcloud to get the lot.

Bit of a minimal track, perfect end of the night tune

Take You Higher appeared in too many sets during festival season but still a great tune

Need To Know from late 2012, really smooth

Automatic, bit of a darker one

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 09, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »

Definitely putting at 6+ hour day tomorrow to gain some ground. Definitely definitely. Maybe Smiley

Days 38 & 39

VPPs - 733
VPPs This Month - 8516
VPPs This Year - 54,450

HUSNGs - $734

Feb Profit - $3240
Feb Rakeback - $670

Oh dear oh dear, Friday ended up being an impromptu Mexican night and James Zabiela was playing at Plug last night which I couldn't say no to. Managed to play 2 and a half hours in the last 2 days but ran pretty hot and had a great weekend too so feeling good Smiley

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 09, 2014, 11:45:33 PM »

view on plug?

Ive not been in years and keep refusing to go after having quite a few bad incidents in there in a row! Has it improved?!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 10, 2014, 12:01:33 AM »

Used to be a barman in plug lols

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 10, 2014, 12:29:38 AM »

Used to be a barman in plug lols

ha i used to sell tickets for events!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2014, 01:50:53 AM »

Best city centre club for sure, they've massively upped their game with what nights they've taken on and who they book etc.

It always used to be that on a Friday and Saturday the whole place was open as the main night. Now they close off room 2 for some sort of house/tech night and its usually a recognisable name. They never chuck out before 6 and you don't have to leave drinks inside to go to the smoking area which is so tilt. Can't really say much about their own nights, haven't been to one of those since Jump Around on a Thursday when I was a student but never seen any trouble in there. I still don't reckon I could stomach another cheeky vimto though.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2014, 02:52:08 AM »

Lollllllllllllll

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 05:17:20 AM »

Day 40

VPPs - 1262
VPPs This Month - 9779
VPPs This Year - 55,713

HUSNGs - $1508

Feb Profit - $4748
Feb Rakeback - $771

Didn't wake up till 3pm, managed to feel alive enough to flick in the $215 weekly heads up, bricked first round so just went back to bed. Felt suitably guilty at around 3am to play another session even though I was pretty much certain I was gunna get  soulcrushed. As it turns out I was getting good action from a couple of russian recs at 200s and ended up putting in a decent winner in a ~90 minute session.

James Zabiela's set was pretty awesome last night, switched it up a ton between his usual house stuff and some DnB/Garage/Electro thrown in. As soon as this bassline kicked in the place went mental, classic tune. Enjoy Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2014, 12:30:08 PM »

congrats dan, awesome start to the year

Lets get together soon btw x

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2014, 01:05:38 PM »

Enjoying the blog Dan.

I am so old that Plug didn't exist when I was at uni in Sheffield! In the same vein I do remember the Roots Manuva video from that era, one of my faves.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2014, 03:38:27 AM »

Day 41

VPPs - 1298
VPPs This Month - 11,077
VPPs This Year - 57,012

HUSNGs - -$1531

Feb Profit - $3217
Feb Rakeback - $875

Won 9 buyins at 100s, lost 12 at 200s continuing to run absolutely putrid in the higher games. Kicking a -14% ROI over 236 games at 200s with is absolutely rofl. Winning at 4.4% at 100s. Dat variance.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 14, 2014, 03:10:43 AM »

Days 42-44

VPPs - 2496
VPPs This Month - 13,573
VPPs This Year - 59,907

HUSNGs - -$1943

Feb Profit - $1274
Feb Rakeback - $1218

We can officially file this attempt at moving up under F for Fail. Overall I don't think that I played the greatest but equally I just never really got a chance to prove anything when the card distribution was just impossible to overcome. I was pretty disheartened when I finished my last 200s session a couple of hours ago but pretty over it now. 250 games is nothing.

Click to see full-size image.

Still pretty frustrating that I'm comfortably the biggest winner at 100s on stars this year but just can't seem to gain any traction at 200s at all. There is definitely a step up in the standard of the regs playing 200s but its not a huge difference. Looking at my 100s results over a big sample theres just no way that my results to far at 200s can be close to accurate, but hey ho. On we plod.

Click to see full-size image.

I just finished watching all of Breaking Bad for the second time, definitely has excellent re-watch value once you've seen it through and know how everything comes together. There is so much stuff that you just don't notice at all until you know the whole story. I'm not sure how I feel about the upcoming spin-off series 'Better Call Saul' which is a prequel to Breaking Bad. Its from the same production team and they've got Bob Odenkirk and Jonathan Banks back as Saul and Mike so it certianly has potential. They set the bar so high though with Breaking Bad so we'll have to wait see. It kicks off in November so plenty to come before that. Most notably the fourth series of Game of Thrones which is a lock to be amazing and the final series of Boardwalk Empire some time late this year too so looking forward to those.

I've just started watching Archer since Netflix has been pestering me about how much I'd like it. Only watched the first couple of episodes but loving it so far. Definitely appeals to my juvenile sense of humour! No time to be worrying about poker at the moment anyway, got a nasty little warehouse gig lined up for tomorrow night so probably just gunna take the day off and get a slice of the weekend warriors on Saturday.

Another slammer from Dimension that came out a couple of weeks ago:

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 14, 2014, 04:37:56 AM »

Watched all of Breaking Bad twice except the 2nd half of the last season, abs confirmed rewatchable.

I think anyone expecting Better call Saul to be anywhere even close to as good as Breaking Bad is going to be left very disappointed. I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes since it's a lot of the same people involved but have no expectations of it being another classic.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2014, 12:48:05 AM »

Only played a couple of days since the last update. Was ill for most of this week which was entirely self induced burning the candle at both ends. Got three 'getting-battered-free' weeks coming up with a big one to look forward to, seeing probably my favourite deep house producers - Dusky.

Its also the coming home party for two of my best mates who went off travelling in October so will definitely be outrageously good. The two sessions I did put in this week though went pretty well, ended up running silly hot with separate 5, 7 and 15(!!) game win streaks over 70 games. That was all at 100s though, gotta work on shipping some of this rungood into the bigger games!

This Week

VPPs - 3389
VPPs This Month - 16,962
VPPs This Year - 62,896

HUSNGs - $1352

Feb Profit - $2626
Feb Rakeback - $1651

Duskyyyyyyyyy

TheJokerKing

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2014, 08:25:34 PM »

some big swings in HU games. but a great read