blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:28:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Greyhound Racing Thread
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 258 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Greyhound Racing Thread  (Read 501300 times)
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #1440 on: October 28, 2014, 07:16:59 PM »

My stories are far from exciting, I'll maybe flick something up earlier.

Dogs are on Sky tonight and I've been all day, as I am tonight, so basically only had a look at the final. Can see there being inside bunching so I've went to the outside for my pick - I initially had it down as Zircon in 6 (think someone in the RP put it up too) but now I've switched to Swansalona Diva in T5. Whilst not a flyer early she should have the beating of those around her and be best placed to take advantage of inside dramas.

Worth a 5er @ 10/1.

Eachway @ 1/3 1,2 worth it?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: October 28, 2014, 07:55:55 PM »

gl everyone tonight
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:30 PM »

Dogs are on Sky tonight and I've been all day, as I am tonight, so basically only had a look at the final. Can see there being inside bunching so I've went to the outside for my pick - I initially had it down as Zircon in 6 (think someone in the RP put it up too) but now I've switched to Swansalona Diva in T5. Whilst not a flyer early she should have the beating of those around her and be best placed to take advantage of inside dramas.

Worth a 5er @ 10/1.

Eachway @ 1/3 1,2 worth it?

Not often I play EW and don't think one is an EW bet.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: October 28, 2014, 09:29:56 PM »

Really not keen on this odds on favourite - can't imagine T1 will suit, think she used to be a wide looking at her record.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: October 28, 2014, 09:32:14 PM »

Really not keen on this odds on favourite - can't imagine T1 will suit, think she used to be a wide looking at her record.

Laid it scotty.  No idea what it's doing in t1.  500m looks too far for it as well for me.  Will have to lead a long way and hope for carnage behind.   its time last time out nothing special either.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:34:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: October 28, 2014, 09:34:27 PM »

beat at the first bend even when it led early and had a solo
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:40:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: October 28, 2014, 09:35:43 PM »

Easy game arb, wp
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: October 28, 2014, 09:39:26 PM »

there has been some awful draws for so many dogs tonight.  It's like the layers have said 'please draw every dog wrong so we can have it off sky'

Another monkey to try and steam onto the nba max bet now thanks to betfair!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 09:41:13 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: October 28, 2014, 09:43:05 PM »

paddy and skysweat are 13/8 king dec,  People asking for grands at 5/4 on bf.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: October 28, 2014, 09:53:36 PM »

Not sure what the top price was but I got t5 matched for 19.0 on the machine. Thanks Scotty for the nod, gets me the money back I had on Not so King Dec.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: October 28, 2014, 09:54:39 PM »

Too fucking good scotty.  One bet all night returns 18/1 on bf!!!!!
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: October 28, 2014, 10:02:27 PM »

That'll do.
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: October 28, 2014, 10:19:42 PM »

Yeah well played mate, great call on the winner, love it when they just get there.

Re read the above line, mean it genuinely (could be taken as sarcastic) , I really do love it when they get up on the line, it happens enough the other way, nice to get one back every now and then.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 10:25:55 PM by Omm » Logged
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: October 28, 2014, 10:54:20 PM »

Worth a 5er @ 10/1.

magic stuff bud. cheers

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: October 28, 2014, 11:01:28 PM »

I love reading back thru this thread and it's good to see so many people having a chance to get some top notch tips if they wanted to follow  or just enjoy watching some racing each night.

Arb, Scotty and Omm, it shines thru in the thread how much you love dog racing. What got you into dog racing initially and have you ever owned any decent dogs/won any decent races?

Never ever owned a dog.  I got into it via punting generally.  My best mate in my early 20s from school loved punting and we used to go horse racing a lot in midlands (Leics/Huntington/towcester) when i was at uni pre betfair obviously.  Then we decided to go dog racing at pboro and Milton Keynes in the late 90s two or three times a week and i really loved the dogs 10 times more than the horses.  The rings are 10 layers deep midweek at milton keynes with serious cash flying around and i just loved the game (day job was a trainee chartered accountant which was boring to say the least - 4 year prior to the move to 365 to change career).  I wanted to be Gary Wiltshire or Del Burrows (MK big 2 on course layers).  I loved watching them operate in the ring at MK they were proper charactrer and fearless (when they were winning you knew it as the cigars and becks came out for Del and Wiltshire would just lay anything if he was carrying.  Half the nights i went there i just spent the whole night watching them operate in a lively betting ring ahead of the racing itself (obviously i was punting as well)  Looking back i suppose 15 years later i have got there albeit laying bets on bf rather than in a betting ring.   When i moved to Canbet from 365 in 2004 i used to go to Pompey dogs (like MK now no longer and punt my tits off on a friday/saturday night every week in 2003/4) and then realised it was relatively easy to even beat 130/40% books on the dogs just because most of the layers were pretty clueless.  I was usually 8/10 pints deep most nights and still making it pay from them.

That sounds fairly similar to me, used to be Owlerton 2-3 nights a week for 16 years old. Owlerton at weekends and on a big race night used to be brill in the ring. I would be having my fivers and tenners and just loved watching all the decent money changing hands. Used to work in the betting shop in those days so got to know a good few punters and ended up getting a bit of card marking from one or two of them when I went. Had a good few nights of walking home in the rain skint tho but still enjoyed the spectacle of watching the dogs race even without a bet. Family now live over the road from Owlerton so still nip in a few times a year when back in Sheffield. Same faces are still there too tho we are all older and fatter now.

Owned a few dogs in syndicates down the years and had a few OR runners, we made a final of a decent comp at Newcastle when it was still Brough Park. I often read this thread after racing or day(s) later and the value you guys find is tremendous, think your point re beating the books is spot on. I doubt any firm has a full time employee now that follows greyhounds so the available tissues are going to be used by most firms and not even looked at that closely.

Thanks for the compliments guys. Those of us that love dogs usually started while we where young, it sounds like all our stories are very similar. My local track was Catford went as much as it was on, even got a job there but never took it as the money was awful. Part owed a dog called "Under the Table" apt name as the syndicate was the gov of a pub and a few regs. Life stuff took over for a number of years, especially when Catford closed. If I'm totally honest TFT has got me into sport betting and this thread (Scotty in particular) has given me a passion for dogs again. Being ill for the last two years has meant I have time to focus on both of these and as I love dogs anyway that's where I concentrate my own energy and follow others for other things. I must admit I look at things in two ways (I Don't I have a regular income I can only have a fixed bankroll as the missus and kids need the rest) so I'm always looking at the early prices (usually the day before) and usually just open races, after a while you can pretty much tell if something is over priced, if it is I'll put a larger than normal bet with the intention of laying most back near the off for a freeroll (the gambler in me normally leaves a bit for a bigger win), ante post or bigger meetings I'll have a go at the form and look at some other good judges, if my opinion is the same then I'll have a bet and usually put it up here. Of course there are a few people who I follow blind like Scotty and a couple of others, overall from dogs i can happily so that I'm making enough to keep a wife and three children happy. This will probably all change as soon as I can put bets on online, however I'm not greedy, I'm taking only what I need, hopefully it will ensure my own accounts last longer, not sure I would have the same appetite for it if I had to so what Redarmi has to do with account and such. Must say my biggest surprise is how some of these dogs come to be priced up, b364 have committed to early prices and they usually are not far off, although even with them you can find dogs that go off odds on but they are giving 7/4 early doors. But some of the othe firms are a gold mine with early prices. All of this is a real passion of mine, I love it, no better feeling than leaning with the dog when it comes to the line, I get just as excited watching on telly as I do at the track, although there is also the heart break when you thnk your on a good thing and it gets bundled out the first bend. Emotional sport but love it all the same, suppose I should start incorporating what Arbboy does if I want to get he bankroll up.

sorry to hear you have been unwell bud, can see how much you love the sport in your posts.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 96 [97] 98 99 100 101 ... 258 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: