blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:17:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Pick me an outsider..FA Cup special
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pick me an outsider..FA Cup special  (Read 16014 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2008, 08:23:05 PM »

6 Premiership teams are left

best odds are:

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/fa-cup/win-market/best-odds/

Obviously we hope for a couple of the Prem teams to draw each other tomorrow lunchtime for this to have "legs" but...

each way 1/4 odds to hit the final

and remembering Millwall and Southampton have hit FA Cup finals in the last ten years

there must be e/w value outside the top 4

I wonder about West Brom at 50-1

more realistically both portsmouth at 14s and boro at 28s appeal

what do you think, for a sporting punt, before the draw for real fingers crossed appeal?!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:29:47 PM »

borough have signed ALves (is my understanding) This guy is something else and will give them the goals they need...but i hate Southgate so would go with WBA@50-1 instead. The draw would really need to favour you though...the only premierleague side they are guarantueed to beat is Liverpool Smiley

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 08:31:30 PM »

yes it relies on a favourable draw, but odds are they avoid the big four in the 5th..and if we get say two of arse/chel/man u and liverpool drawn together.....odds will tumble I suspect before the 6th round

as I say, a sporting punt rather than a major sensible bet!

My eyes are open wide
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »

Pompy have just signed Milan Baros - quality signing.   Part of me would like to see Pompy do well should Arsenal faulter

Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:53:55 PM »

Hmmm this is so much the luck of the draw and your outsider not drawing one of the big 4.

What about Cardiff @ 200/1, a sod of place to go and play. A few home ties and we might be laughing.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 08:55:54 PM »

Hmmm this is so much the luck of the draw and your outsider not drawing one of the big 4.

What about Cardiff @ 200/1, a sod of place to go and play. A few home ties and we might be laughing.

yep, the crowd is very hostile down there, with an old fashioned ground . Relies on a home draw or two methinks...

whereas a WBA could go to almost all remaining non Prem sides and be favourite to win

My eyes are open wide
Flea

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 08:56:56 PM »

I'd never back my own team but to me the value look to be Wolves,Coventry or Sheff Utd who have all had bad patches but on their day are capable of beating most teams (and all had good results this weekend).

Draw allowing I can easily see 1 of the 3 in the semi's (and at odds of 100 or more they look good to me).

"Am I out yet??"

Poker aliases: PStars - Flea71 Virgin - Flea71 Blonde - Flea Sky - Flea Betfair - flea71 WHill - And170570
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 08:59:06 PM »

yes it relies on a favourable draw, but odds are they avoid the big four in the 5th..and if we get say two of arse/chel/man u and liverpool drawn together.....odds will tumble I suspect before the 6th round

as I say, a sporting punt rather than a major sensible bet!

If you are laying the bets off again after the next round..I would say WBA look great value.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2008, 09:02:06 PM »

....until tomorrow when they draw Man U at Old Trafford Cheesy

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2008, 09:04:34 PM »

....until tomorrow when they draw Man U at Old Trafford Cheesy

nah..it'll be ManU v Liverpool. They'd want to keep the big teams away from eachother for now Wink

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2008, 09:25:57 PM »

Boro have had so much luck in the draws for cup competitions in recent years, if they keep that up then it wouldn't suprise me to see them there or thereabouts.

It'll be interesting to see if they can get the work permit for Alves through in time.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »

Boro have had so much luck in the draws for cup competitions in recent years, if they keep that up then it wouldn't suprise me to see them there or thereabouts.

It'll be interesting to see if they can get the work permit for Alves through in time.

should be through soon enough, no? He really is something else..I have watched him play many a time and Ronaldo and Romario also started off their European careeer in the Dutch league (with PSV)..i am surprised a bigger club than Middlesborough didn't go after him. (then again..the guy is a massive pain in the arse if he doesn't get things his own way)

Rooky9

TheAuditor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »

should be through soon enough, no? He really is something else..I have watched him play many a time and Ronaldo and Romario also started off their European careeer in the Dutch league (with PSV)..i am surprised a bigger club than Middlesborough didn't go after him. (then again..the guy is a massive pain in the arse if he doesn't get things his own way)

At one time you used to of had to of played in 75% of the games for your country in the last two years or something. With him having 8 caps I don't think he will have. Having said that there are loads of cases where they have been given without meeting the requirements, so I don't see that being as much of a problem as them only having four days to get it through a government department. I saw a report last week that they were thinking the application would have to be in by last friday for it to get through in time.

GlasgowBandit

Global Pacifier

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2008, 12:30:25 AM »

Wolves at a 100/1

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2008, 12:45:40 AM »

not a great basis for a bet though. that's much the same as betting on red because the last few spins have come in red

I'd be looking at WBA as the best value e/w and Cardiff as a long shot. Cardiff are on a real hot streak and over the last 2 seasons have been superb on their day, just lacking consistency

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: