blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:31:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6348824 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #1740 on: November 28, 2007, 03:04:34 PM »

Now that the Flushster is back, he may be interested in some civil aeronautical acronyms I spotted yesterday while reading a book about Mr O'Leary, he of Ryanair fame. Flushy, in case you did not know, has a Pilot's Licence. Went to the same school as where Brendan Hartnett learned to drive, probably.

Anyway, you've heard the expression "chirp", but I bet you never know there really is an official "Chirp" acronym. It's for when Pilots & Air-Traffic Controllers want to anonymously "whistle-blow" air traffic incidents. It stands (inaccurately) for "Confidential Human (Factor) Incident Reporting Programme". So there.

And more, there is a website called PPRuNe - "Professional Pilots Rumour Network". I'm off to take a gander, there may be some dirt on the Flushster. I'm aching to Ban him for Chirping.

lol yea Chirp is quite funny. The CAA sends out a newsletter every month to all pilots detailing reports/changes/easily avoidable situations, i am willing to bet nobody ever reads the thing. I don't think i have opened the thing for at least 2 years.

As for PPRuNe i am on there, some truly brilliant threads on there, the best i saw was between a heathrow air traffic controller and a Lufthansa pilot after the ATC had bragged about how he made 'some German' do a go around so that Concorde could slide right in, said German happened to read the thread and react in a rather angry manner, lol. Priceless.

Whenever there is an aviation incident on the news though PPRuNe is the place to go for more information as 90% of the time its where the journo's get their info anyway.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1741 on: November 28, 2007, 03:27:27 PM »

Now that the Flushster is back, he may be interested in some civil aeronautical acronyms I spotted yesterday while reading a book about Mr O'Leary, he of Ryanair fame. Flushy, in case you did not know, has a Pilot's Licence. Went to the same school as where Brendan Hartnett learned to drive, probably.

Anyway, you've heard the expression "chirp", but I bet you never know there really is an official "Chirp" acronym. It's for when Pilots & Air-Traffic Controllers want to anonymously "whistle-blow" air traffic incidents. It stands (inaccurately) for "Confidential Human (Factor) Incident Reporting Programme". So there.

And more, there is a website called PPRuNe - "Professional Pilots Rumour Network". I'm off to take a gander, there may be some dirt on the Flushster. I'm aching to Ban him for Chirping.

lol yea Chirp is quite funny. The CAA sends out a newsletter every month to all pilots detailing reports/changes/easily avoidable situations, i am willing to bet nobody ever reads the thing. I don't think i have opened the thing for at least 2 years.

As for PPRuNe i am on there, some truly brilliant threads on there, the best i saw was between a heathrow air traffic controller and a Lufthansa pilot after the ATC had bragged about how he made 'some German' do a go around so that Concorde could slide right in, said German happened to read the thread and react in a rather angry manner, lol. Priceless.

Whenever there is an aviation incident on the news though PPRuNe is the place to go for more information as 90% of the time its where the journo's get their info anyway.

lol..you don't read the mag that informs you of changes and avoidable situations and all that and haven't read it in 2 years..does that fill anyone with confidence about flying ability?

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: November 28, 2007, 03:32:09 PM »

lol..you don't read the mag that informs you of changes and avoidable situations and all that and haven't read it in 2 years..does that fill anyone with confidence about flying ability?

If Flushy is the pilot, count me out.

Crashlandaments.

Plane it!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1743 on: November 28, 2007, 04:00:32 PM »

Crashlandaments.

Plane it!

lmao

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MKKfish

View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: November 28, 2007, 04:33:21 PM »

My life is complete.. pprune mentioned on blonde...
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1745 on: November 28, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »

My life is complete.. pprune mentioned on blonde...

TK is at the age where prunes become very necessary so they would have been mentioned sooner rather than later.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: November 29, 2007, 04:08:46 AM »

So, dtd opened it's doors tonight. Officially, it was "Media night", but Media has a wide range of meanings, & some of the great & good of Poker were there, including current man-of-the-momentThewy, El Blondie, Simon Zach, Womble, Chili, & as good few others besides. The dtd Team were on hand too, Lord Yong, Nick Whiten, Simon Trumper, Chubbs, ActionJack, & Paul Zimbler.

The genuine Media included snoops, Nick "Dino1980" Wright, Catman, Mel Lofthouse, etc. Oh, & me, I suppose!

There was a very moving "ribbon-cutting" ceremony" (watch Poker Week next week to see it) when Rob asked the Guest of Honour to cut the ribbon. And the Guest of Honour was? None other than his Mumness. How lovely!

The Club? Well, you've all seen the pics, & it's that & a bit more. Beautifully fitted out, american hardwood, stainless steel handrails, signature carpet, lovely tables & chairs, good lux levels, a-la carte restaurant, plentiful Valets, da de da de da.

I played the Media Tourney, though not for long enough......then a little Dealers Choice Omaha High, against Simon Zach, ActionJack, Womble etc. I came out all square, not a bad result against that line-up. An oddity - a welcome oddity in my opinion - is that "straddles" are NOT permitted. Hoo-bloody-ray. I wanna play poker, not Bingo, & when the straddles reach absurd levels, as they always do, it's - to me - plain daft.

The Dealers were, in the main, excellent, & Simon Trumper's partner, the beautiful Matilde, had trained them all apparently. The Lady did good. I've not seen her for ages, & she's really gorgeous. French, too.

A nice touch was that Laptops can be obtained from behind the Reg Desk for use in the Club, presumably for when the fixed Internet Terminals - I think there were about 18 - are all in use. It looked odd - never seen it in a British Cardroom before, though it's commonplace in Mainland Europe - to see players lounging around with Laptops. Nicely odd, I hasten to add.

I had a good chat with Rob, (& I interviewed him, Thewy & Simon Trumper for Poker Week), & he seemed a happy chappie, as he should.

I hope folks enjoy the luxury conditions, because it'll be the first & last of it's type & quality. No plc coud justify the spend, not in a month of Sundays. As a seperate entity, it will lose plenty of money, but the Online Cardroom will hopefully make up the defecit.

"A cool place to play poker" is what Rob dreamed of. His dream has come true.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 04:12:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: November 29, 2007, 04:19:26 AM »

There was a young lady playing the DTD Media Event tonight whose play impressed me enormously, I think she finished 3rd or 4th, but she just murdered everyone, busting players left right & centre.

She sat to my left when play begun, & asked me why the chips were different colours. Hmm.....She then proceeded to bluff all & sundry off pot after pot, including a delicious Re-Raise in a family pot on a Board of J-J-T-T-K. With 5-3.

I eventually found out who this 18 year old was. One of Paul Jackson's daughters. Clearly, Dad has been coaching, but the Lady has her own game. Watch out for her, she's the business.

Harmony26

View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: November 29, 2007, 01:26:13 PM »

Great to read your exciting report and hear how well the Media night went - glad it all went well and you all enjoyed yourselves - look forward to the Poker Week report, indeed all the media reports, and our own visit on Friday!

Have a great visit to all who are attending the opening weekend and

WELL DONE Rob and the DtD team!

Bainn & Harmony

"Where there was Harmony, now there is Discord..."
Anon, APAt, Scotland
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: November 29, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »

I forgot to mention Yogi in my DTD piece. He's one of the top 3 TD's - or whatever they should be called - I've ever seen, maybe THE best.

It was great to see him back in his role, suited & booted. He has this terrific knack of making difficult decisions look easy, & the key thing, he never raises his voice when there is a dispute. All the Table Policeman are hooting & hollering, all talking at once, & yet Yogi's suprb people-skills mean they listen when he talks. And he talks quietly, as if speaking to grown-ups - which is not always the case. They have to, or he ejects them. Simple, really.

Were that there more a few more even half as good. We are really poorly served in the UK for TD's. mainly because in the Corporate Chains, they don't really have TD's, & thee Cardroom Supervisors/Managers don't have the power or authority they need.

Let's have more Yogi's.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1750 on: November 29, 2007, 02:33:16 PM »

What is the plural of a "Yogi"? or a collective of them even?

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: November 29, 2007, 02:35:51 PM »

As you ask, it's "yogiins" actually. Next question.

boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1752 on: November 29, 2007, 02:38:17 PM »

where do babies come from?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1753 on: November 29, 2007, 02:45:05 PM »

where do babies come from?

LL and Flushie.

The older I get, the better I was.
77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1754 on: November 29, 2007, 02:46:48 PM »

Next Question

When will Hinge and Bracket get there personal invites to DTD they wish to comment on the menu and waitresses

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: