blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 10:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272659 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65307 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2016, 11:47:04 AM »

Amazing Cov have let Vincelot go for £80k. Must be a candidate for buy of the summer by Bradford.

2am reply?

You got a note allowing you to stay up late, or are you just back from a Luton flounce?

Luton dreams shattered by Rookie. Two outered on the river. So so sick.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2016, 11:48:31 AM »

Amazing Cov have let Vincelot go for £80k. Must be a candidate for buy of the summer by Bradford.

2am reply?

You got a note allowing you to stay up late, or are you just back from a Luton flounce?

Luton dreams shattered by Rookie. Two outered on the river. So so sick.

Full on flounce, I trust?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2016, 11:50:44 AM »

Of course. Was crushing it hard till the nine ball on the river. Tipped the table over and left.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: July 24, 2016, 12:27:26 PM »

Cheesy

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: July 24, 2016, 04:40:40 PM »

Mahrez to Arsenal for €50m, per Eurosport (hence the currency)

That's £42m which is only £6m more than Southampton got for Mane. If he goes for that little someone at Leicester needs sacking asap.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: July 24, 2016, 05:04:34 PM »

Clearly all the prices are just nuts this Summer and I wouldnt think Pogba is close to being the worst value but I just don't see how Man U come to the conclusion he's worth 100m ? If I was a Man U fan I'd hope it didn't go thru. For instance Mahrez and Lacazette for cheaper than Pogba, what ? People don't think it's close solely between Mahrez vs Pogba ? I'd snap take Mahrez at the prices and don't see how it's close.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: July 24, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »

If a team needs a CMF they usually don't spend their transfer budget on 2 forwards because they are better value.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: July 24, 2016, 05:54:23 PM »

If Popga leaves for £100m, it really highlights what a snip Gundogan was. Not at Pogba's level, granted, but a very talented midfielder with a well rounded game and his best years just on the horizon.

As good as Pogba is, its hard not to agree with Scholes; £100m players should really only be Messi, Ronaldo and maybe Bale.

Best Bitter.
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 24, 2016, 06:02:15 PM »

Lol why? Good luck buying those players for any amount of money. Imagine going to Barca saying we'll give you 100m for Messi, they'd laugh you out of the door.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 24, 2016, 07:15:03 PM »

Lol why? Good luck buying those players for any amount of money. Imagine going to Barca saying we'll give you 100m for Messi, they'd laugh you out of the door.

Scholes said it Wink or words to that effect. For that money, you should be looking at the absolute best that you can buy in football, and whilst Pogba is an excellent player, he isn't a Messi, or Bale or Ronaldo.

He might well become it, time will tell.

Best Bitter.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 24, 2016, 07:34:43 PM »

shirt sales
resale value

pogba > mahrez

also if i was a united fan id rather spend the money than leave it in Glazers pockets. Who knows maybe Adidas chipped in for the price too.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: July 24, 2016, 07:50:34 PM »

Scholes said it Wink or words to that effect. For that money, you should be looking at the absolute best that you can buy in football, and whilst Pogba is an excellent player, he isn't a Messi, or Bale or Ronaldo.

But for that money you couldn't come close to buying any of the worlds best though so it's a redundant point. You can't buy any of the worlds best because they play for teams who don't need to/want to/have to sell, are at very wealthy teams already and would be selling to direct rivals. Esp if you're a club with a lot of money, esp if you're a club with a lot of money that has just been given another £100m. I'm not saying Pogba is worth £100m because it's not something you can quantify that easily. All you can say is:
1. The player is one of the best players in the world in his position.
2. The club trying to buy him are very wealthy (and everyone knows they are bad at transfers)
3.The club buying him are in desperate need of a player in the position he plays.
4. The club selling him do not need to sell or want to sell.
5. The player is young and has a lot of potential.
6. The player is very marketable

You'd always assume that a player going for the world record fee would be the best (top 5 at least) players in the world. But that isn't the case anymore. The best players in the world are already at massive clubs in competitive leagues. Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Griezmann, Muller, Neuer, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos you could say are all "better" than Pogba. But they are never going to be sold. Pogba just happens to be the best available player that a team would sell. If he was at Madrid or Barca there is 0% chance United could sign him (or anyone else for that matter). Just so happens he plays for a club who's stadium is worth less than him and they can replace with someone worse and it won't affect them that much because they play in a 1 team league (and they can use the surplus for match fixing).

Like a team that just finished 8th have spent £36m on Mane! Serial bottler and the reason the best player of all time has retired has just been sold for £79m! United spent £50m last year on someone no one had ever heard of! Don't know why every expects the transfer prices to remain even close to what they were with the influx of money every Prem team has just got.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 24, 2016, 08:25:07 PM »

shirt sales
resale value

pogba > mahrez

also if i was a united fan id rather spend the money than leave it in Glazers pockets. Who knows maybe Adidas chipped in for the price too.

Shirt sales seem pretty covered with Zlatan no ? I don't really think Pogba has that image like Ronaldo, Messi, Ibra etc.

Resale value and age seem pretty comparable with just a two year age gap. Mahrez has only produced for one season but then Pogba has only been playing in a Juve said that has walked the league every year.

I think Pogba>>>>>Mahrez seems fair but not to the extent of even close to double the price and double the wages.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: July 24, 2016, 08:44:23 PM »

But for that money you couldn't come close to buying any of the worlds best though so it's a redundant point. You can't buy any of the worlds best because they play for teams who don't need to/want to/have to sell, are at very wealthy teams already and would be selling to direct rivals. Esp if you're a club with a lot of money, esp if you're a club with a lot of money that has just been given another £100m. I'm not saying Pogba is worth £100m because it's not something you can quantify that easily. All you can say is:
1. The player is one of the best players in the world in his position.
2. The club trying to buy him are very wealthy (and everyone knows they are bad at transfers)
3.The club buying him are in desperate need of a player in the position he plays.
4. The club selling him do not need to sell or want to sell.
5. The player is young and has a lot of potential.
6. The player is very marketable

You'd always assume that a player going for the world record fee would be the best (top 5 at least) players in the world. But that isn't the case anymore. The best players in the world are already at massive clubs in competitive leagues. Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez, Griezmann, Muller, Neuer, Iniesta, Modric, Kroos you could say are all "better" than Pogba. But they are never going to be sold. Pogba just happens to be the best available player that a team would sell. If he was at Madrid or Barca there is 0% chance United could sign him (or anyone else for that matter). Just so happens he plays for a club who's stadium is worth less than him and they can replace with someone worse and it won't affect them that much because they play in a 1 team league (and they can use the surplus for match fixing).

Like a team that just finished 8th have spent £36m on Mane! Serial bottler and the reason the best player of all time has retired has just been sold for £79m! United spent £50m last year on someone no one had ever heard of! Don't know why every expects the transfer prices to remain even close to what they were with the influx of money every Prem team has just got.

I guess its a case of where do you draw the line? The ginger one said he isn't worthy of a world record fee, and I agree, but also get that you can't just pick up Messi or Bale whenever you want.

The concept of value in football has mostly gone out the window at the very top level. Pogba would be a bargain at £50m? Value at £75m? Overpriced at £100m? Is Messi a bargain for £100m? I really don't know anymore!

We have many more windows for all this shit to look forward to.... Smiley

Best Bitter.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 24, 2016, 08:52:49 PM »

It's such a moving target now in terms of what is value.  I was randomly watching the film of the 1982 world cup with a hangover yesterday and Sean Connery was chuntering away about wonderkid Maradona having been signed for an outrageous £5 million by Barca!  I reckon we are at the peak now though - think Sky have really overstretched themselves with this current deal and won't match the offer next time around if they manage to get rid of the threat of BT Sport (or at least put them back in their box).
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: