blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 17, 2024, 05:11:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Laxie through the Looking Glass
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Laxie through the Looking Glass  (Read 179267 times)
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: May 11, 2011, 07:25:35 PM »

For health and safety reasons, I'll make sure ye get equal shares. 

BTW - is Mrs. B allergic to the ingredients in cheesecake?  If she is, pretty sure you get her slice too.  Comes with the marriage license. 

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Yes, she is!!!

YAY for lactose intolerant people!

BTW - you must tell me what sweet stuff she likes/can eat.  Means another something for you and gives her something to enjoy too.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1561 on: May 11, 2011, 07:27:14 PM »

BTW - is Mrs. B allergic to the ingredients in cheesecake?  If she is, pretty sure you get her slice too.  Comes with the marriage license. 

BTW - you must tell me what sweet stuff she likes/can eat.  Means another something for you and gives her something to enjoy too.

You won't go wrong with chocolate brownies...

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: May 11, 2011, 07:28:31 PM »

You won't go wrong with chocolate brownies...

Sorted   thumbs up

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1563 on: May 11, 2011, 09:46:15 PM »

Nice one laxie...

Do we get another public holiday for the wedding...

Congrats.x

Wedding?  You want to scare the poor man off?!  Baby steps and all that ffs!   

Cheers x

Shotgun wedding?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: May 11, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »

Nice one laxie...

Congrats.x

Cheers x

Shotgun wedding?

I posted it. 

Was going to edit. 

Then said "Nah...nobody's gonna pick up and run with that."

Trust you!

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1565 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:38 PM »

Nice one laxie...

Congrats.x

Cheers x

Shotgun wedding?

ffs I thought you said Shogun wedding! Was devastated for a second.

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1566 on: May 11, 2011, 11:44:22 PM »

gg Jack, you had a good run.

ty Vinster!. Into every life a little rain must fall Smiley

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1567 on: May 11, 2011, 11:46:44 PM »

Met Jack for the fist time at Bolton APAT team event. What a grand fella he is. X

Ohhhh...you missed seeing the 'other' side of him then!   

tbf I have had an interesting start to 2011 Smiley

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1568 on: May 11, 2011, 11:50:34 PM »

Met Jack for the fist time at Bolton APAT team event. What a grand fella he is. X

Ohhhh...you missed seeing the 'other' side of him then!   

Don't worry.  I've come up with a solution for his midnight walk abouts.   Wink

So you've held onto those handcuffs then.

Congrats and best wishes to you both. A smashing couple.

BTW don't keep him from his other walking duties.

Geo

There's no way I'm missing the Coast to Coast adventure Geo. And thank you for your part in implementing my seduction masterplan at Newcastle Smiley

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1569 on: May 11, 2011, 11:52:29 PM »

WD Laxie and JackTechno (Calling people by their name is just wrong)....

Just a bit concerned though, though that mean he gets the largest slice of cheesecake at Celtic Chaos?

Not saying I would begrudge him it, obviously, as you have to take care of your new man.

Just saying that for health reasons, you might want to give him the smaller bit.

As I'd have to kill him if you didn't.

Don't worry boldie, I'm sure Dawn will have me on a diet for Killarney Sad

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1570 on: May 12, 2011, 01:05:02 AM »

Fast forward to Newcastle APAT.  Normally I wouldn't even entertain that event because it's such a pain in the backside to get there.  But it was Easter week-end and the Irish take their religious holidays serious.  They were short a player or two and needed me to fill a spot on the team.  Normally they'd have a fierce strong player base to chose from so this was probably going to be my only shot at a spot on the team.  And I'm not very religious so that wasn't an issue.  Sigh.  Go on then.  I'm in.

Well, ye got the bones of a trip report - but I left some detail out.  The most important part if truth be told.  Mainly because I was in shock.  This couldn't be happening.  Out of nowhere and when I least expected it, this quiet gentle man managed to sneak his way past the wall I'd built and got around all the broken bits while he was at it.  It took me nearly a week to accept the fact that the ice queen had melted and Jack (technolog) was responsible for it.

Still can't figure out how he managed it.  Keep running events back in my head and there was nothing to suggest he and I would ever be a couple.  We're like night and day.  He's sensible and I'm a nutter.  He's a bit quiet and I'm not. 

Well, that's not entirely true.  You lot generally see the 'class clown' version of Laxie.  But as he's discovered, there is a quiet side to me too...just took some digging to find it and he did.  How good does he run?!  lol    Truth be told...I don't care now how he managed it.  Just delighted he did.  Couldn't be happier and feel so very lucky right now it's unreal.

Call it fate or call the doctor for the poor man...either way - we're hooked.  xx

Hello you!

The secret's out then? Smiley

As Dawn might say - sorry Claire - whoda thunk it? I've known Dawn, I would guess, for around three or four years. Well, not so much 'known' as 'known of'. We finally started to get to know each other a little chatting on MSN around a year or so ago, probably by dint of the fact we're both good mates with the legend that is Ger, Theduke. We've had some long and, contrary to what Dawn said, I thought quite personal chats. But they were always perfectly above-board so to speak, just friends chatting, never even the merest hint of flirting. I'd be lying if I said Dawn had never entered my thoughts in a more than platonic way - I'm a man ffs and she's a very attractive girl. But it's fair to say that 'we' was something that had never been on either agenda.

Then Newcastle comes.

God knows what happened (can you ask him please kin?). As Dawn says, I'm a quiet type, until I get to know you. I'm also quite painfully shy with women. I think the Friday night at Newcastle, when our relationship 'progressed' must have been a bit of a 'perfect storm'. I'd had a fair amount to drink Smiley , just enough to reduce my inhibitions whilst maintaining a workable level of coherence. Dawn insists that I made the first move. Coherent or not, I can't remember Sad. It certainly doesn't sound like me. But if I did, I quite like the line I used Smiley

Anyway whatever the whys and wherefores, the line worked, despite my best attempts to scupper things (thanks Geo Grin) and the rest, as they say, is history.

We spent the next three days together, pretty much inseperable. It was during these 72 hours I discovered there was more to Dawn than she normally allows you to see and, my God, it was stunning. Nothing physical, purely emotional. I was bought and sold. Obviously, we played it cool outwardly, but it seems we were both thinking along similar lines. We'd met someone special.

We chatted increasingly often during the next few days, culminating in an amusing negotiation on the Thursday following Newcastle, nailing down the dos and don'ts of our relationship.

Now here we are, not even three weeks after 'meeting', and it's clear we want to spend the rest of our lives together. Wow. There, I said it!

Whirlwind romance much?

The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23:28 AM »

Raise a glass to you both. ..xx

technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1572 on: May 12, 2011, 01:39:42 AM »

Raise a glass to you both. ..xx

And I'm buying next time we meet Mo! Thanks a lot. I got me a special lady Smiley xx

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1573 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:24 AM »

Fast forward to Newcastle APAT.  Normally I wouldn't even entertain that event because it's such a pain in the backside to get there.  But it was Easter week-end and the Irish take their religious holidays serious.  They were short a player or two and needed me to fill a spot on the team.  Normally they'd have a fierce strong player base to chose from so this was probably going to be my only shot at a spot on the team.  And I'm not very religious so that wasn't an issue.  Sigh.  Go on then.  I'm in.

Well, ye got the bones of a trip report - but I left some detail out.  The most important part if truth be told.  Mainly because I was in shock.  This couldn't be happening.  Out of nowhere and when I least expected it, this quiet gentle man managed to sneak his way past the wall I'd built and got around all the broken bits while he was at it.  It took me nearly a week to accept the fact that the ice queen had melted and Jack (technolog) was responsible for it.

Still can't figure out how he managed it.  Keep running events back in my head and there was nothing to suggest he and I would ever be a couple.  We're like night and day.  He's sensible and I'm a nutter.  He's a bit quiet and I'm not. 

Well, that's not entirely true.  You lot generally see the 'class clown' version of Laxie.  But as he's discovered, there is a quiet side to me too...just took some digging to find it and he did.  How good does he run?!  lol    Truth be told...I don't care now how he managed it.  Just delighted he did.  Couldn't be happier and feel so very lucky right now it's unreal.

Call it fate or call the doctor for the poor man...either way - we're hooked.  xx

Hello you!

The secret's out then? Smiley

As Dawn might say - sorry Claire - whoda thunk it? I've known Dawn, I would guess, for around three or four years. Well, not so much 'known' as 'known of'. We finally started to get to know each other a little chatting on MSN around a year or so ago, probably by dint of the fact we're both good mates with the legend that is Ger, Theduke. We've had some long and, contrary to what Dawn said, I thought quite personal chats. But they were always perfectly above-board so to speak, just friends chatting, never even the merest hint of flirting. I'd be lying if I said Dawn had never entered my thoughts in a more than platonic way - I'm a man ffs and she's a very attractive girl. But it's fair to say that 'we' was something that had never been on either agenda.

Then Newcastle comes.

God knows what happened (can you ask him please kin?). As Dawn says, I'm a quiet type, until I get to know you. I'm also quite painfully shy with women. I think the Friday night at Newcastle, when our relationship 'progressed' must have been a bit of a 'perfect storm'. I'd had a fair amount to drink Smiley , just enough to reduce my inhibitions whilst maintaining a workable level of coherence. Dawn insists that I made the first move. Coherent or not, I can't remember Sad. It certainly doesn't sound like me. But if I did, I quite like the line I used Smiley

Anyway whatever the whys and wherefores, the line worked, despite my best attempts to scupper things (thanks Geo Grin) and the rest, as they say, is history.

We spent the next three days together, pretty much inseperable. It was during these 72 hours I discovered there was more to Dawn than she normally allows you to see and, my God, it was stunning. Nothing physical, purely emotional. I was bought and sold. Obviously, we played it cool outwardly, but it seems we were both thinking along similar lines. We'd met someone special.

We chatted increasingly often during the next few days, culminating in an amusing negotiation on the Thursday following Newcastle, nailing down the dos and don'ts of our relationship.

Now here we are, not even three weeks after 'meeting', and it's clear we want to spend the rest of our lives together. Wow. There, I said it!

Whirlwind romance much?

Blimey. You quiet types are very eloquent once you get going.

Congratulations. You make a lovely couple.

The older I get, the better I was.
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: May 12, 2011, 08:47:06 AM »

Spoke to my mom last night for the first time in 7 months.  May not seem like long, but for two people who usually speak twice a week for an hour or more - it was killer.  Granted I'd a little gentle persuasion from someone - we won't mention any names ^^^^. 

Was good to catch up and while we didn't touch on what caused radio silence in the first place, at least the silence is broken.  Told the girls this morning.  And it was the first morning in a week where I got "I love you" as they walked out the door...from both of them.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: