blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 04:46:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 1967 1968 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6352652 times)
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #29445 on: July 01, 2012, 05:39:48 PM »

Had the pleasure of CraigBetts (betteridge) on my table at DTD tonight and he was curious to know who Jeeves was. I said I'd rather not know as it would ruin the whole thing for me but pointed him in senior junior direction.  

Had great fun for £100 and Richard managed 2nd for a welcome £4k+ score (Richard is the mardy one who you out drew). Another mate also beat Rob heads up for the second time (no mean feat as I think Rob was P51 W44 L7 so mate accounts for 25% of Robs loses).  Rob was bossing the game probably winning 90% of the hands but my mate jammed on the turn with 7 outs and got there to get back in the game then managed to beat robs pair in a race. My mate asked if I could sit and look at his cards and Rob agreed. Rob was amazing at putting my mate on exact hands on the river and made either the correct call or fold time and time again. At least 3 times he named the exact hand and was always in right ball park. I won't give anymore away but really hope my Rob blogs about game.

EVERYONE is curious about Jeeves identity, most people now know, but that's the whole point, revealing it would ruin the whole thing. Of course, not everyone "gets" that.

I'm not sure what when or who you mean by that enboldened part Jason - was it addressed to me? I must have encountered thousands of "mardy ones" & outdrawn tens of thousands of oppos in my time......I only hope I was gracious towards him in my comments afterwards.
You Were spot on sir as you would expect. The cards went on their backs and you had the an under pair. You said well played to him and shock his hand then when you hit a set he got grumpy. He is doing something right ATM because he has had a 2nd and 3rd in the last month

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29446 on: July 01, 2012, 05:50:50 PM »

Had the pleasure of CraigBetts (betteridge) on my table at DTD tonight and he was curious to know who Jeeves was. I said I'd rather not know as it would ruin the whole thing for me but pointed him in senior junior direction. 

Had great fun for £100 and Richard managed 2nd for a welcome £4k+ score (Richard is the mardy one who you out drew). Another mate also beat Rob heads up for the second time (no mean feat as I think Rob was P51 W44 L7 so mate accounts for 25% of Robs loses).  Rob was bossing the game probably winning 90% of the hands but my mate jammed on the turn with 7 outs and got there to get back in the game then managed to beat robs pair in a race. My mate asked if I could sit and look at his cards and Rob agreed. Rob was amazing at putting my mate on exact hands on the river and made either the correct call or fold time and time again. At least 3 times he named the exact hand and was always in right ball park. I won't give anymore away but really hope my Rob blogs about game.

EVERYONE is curious about Jeeves identity, most people now know, but that's the whole point, revealing it would ruin the whole thing. Of course, not everyone "gets" that.

I'm not sure what when or who you mean by that enboldened part Jason - was it addressed to me? I must have encountered thousands of "mardy ones" & outdrawn tens of thousands of oppos in my time......I only hope I was gracious towards him in my comments afterwards.
You Were spot on sir as you would expect. The cards went on their backs and you had the an under pair. You said well played to him and shock his hand then when you hit a set he got grumpy. He is doing something right ATM because he has had a 2nd and 3rd in the last month

Well I have no recollection of it I'm afraid.

It is very odd how such fuss kicking uppage emenates from regular (super standard?) outdraws.

A pal of mine next door was playing a £2 DYM yesterday.

£2.

Winner wins £2, minus reg fee.

He outdrew another kid.

The other kid, who is a Member of an "Invite Only" Facebook Page, a "collective" of players, then Posted on that Facebook Page "xxxx is an ugly fat cu**.

I'm utterly, wholly, & totally bemused by all this stuff. Either they, or I, dont understand, or are missing the point of the game.

I think about this aspect of poker endlessly.

Anyway, I better go write today's Blog.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 06:21:25 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29447 on: July 03, 2012, 07:43:09 AM »

Well hello again!

May as well mention YESTERDAY's Blog now you are back!

http://bit.ly/OYanjY

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29448 on: July 03, 2012, 02:59:27 PM »

Spotted at the Rio Cash tables last night, premiership quality PHA Poster "Honeybadger", hopefully ignoring the instructions on the litter bin.

Click to see full-size image.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29449 on: July 03, 2012, 03:02:51 PM »

You can't escape these random blondes over here.

This was at Golden Nugget on Monday.

No idea who he is.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #29450 on: July 03, 2012, 06:21:33 PM »

Spotted at the Rio Cash tables last night, premiership quality PHA Poster "Honeybadger", hopefully ignoring the instructions on the litter bin.

My favourite PHA who i don't really know. Tikay, in your 1500plo8 run, how do you feel about your bustout hand? I'm new to the game, and mainly play online low stakes, relying on my overall tournament strategy, and an ok knowledge of equities to get me by. Are high only hands all they are cracked up to be? Fantastic blog, and great run, i used to dislike you on Sky, but its more the show not meeting my tastes than anything personal. I have a lot of free time in the next week, and a lot of it will be reading this diary!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #29451 on: July 03, 2012, 10:43:05 PM »

Mix of Sam Razavi and Chompy.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29452 on: July 03, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »

Today's Blog is now up.

Murphy's Law. Three strikes and OUT.

http://bit.ly/N6iHbw

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29453 on: July 04, 2012, 04:39:56 AM »

Vegas Staking Syndicate Update.

This is for the Serial Stakers only (see next Post).

I'm afraid we did back $1,600 on our last 2 outings, which is a shade irksome. It's like judging the moment to sell stocks & shares, greed means we so rarely get out at the top, & we forever say "if only".

It (those last 2 Tourneys) cost everyone $16 per %, but we did OK overall really, so not a disaster I suppose.

I also swerved the $3000 WSOP 8 or Better. I would LOVE to have played that, I mean really loved to, but it is a 3 day Event, & I have to start work "proper" tomorrow (later today) when my players fly in. Maybe we could do that one next year, God willing, if so, you all have first option for the same %'s.

I may be playing one or two $100 or $120 "fun" Tourneys if any of my players want to get the feel of Vegas Tourneys before they play the Main Event (one of my players has NEVER played a Live Tourney, or an Online Tourney which cost more than £5!), but nothing serious. 

Therefore the Syndicate's action for this trip has now finished, & I'm going to up stumps. We aimed to spend, ideally, $5,000, with a $10,000 ceiling, & we came in quite nicely in that respect.

Our closing statement will follow shortly.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29454 on: July 04, 2012, 05:03:18 AM »

Staking Syndicate Final Update.

Venetian Sunday night - $200

Venetian Seniors, Monday - $600

Omaha Hi-Lo, Binions, Tuesday, $230

Omaha, Golden Nugget, Wednesday, $230 (cashed for $4,160)

HORSE, Golden Nugget, Thursday, $230

Omaha, Caesars, Friday, $230 (cashed for $531)

Limit Hi-Lo, Golden Nugget, Saturday, $230

PLO 8 or Better, Wynn, Sunday, $340 (cashed for $2,431)

PLO 8 or Better, WSOP, Tuesday, $1,500 (cashed for $15,078)

Venetian Omaha, 28th June, $600.

Golden nugget, 30th June, $1,080

Spent = $5,470

Cashed = $22,200

Profit = $16,730, so every 1% is worth $167.30.

At today's rate, that equals £106.75 per 1%, if my maths are correct. 

Stakers & their %'s are......

Irene Nutcase Trip5 1%, so £106.75 due. Please send me Bank Details, Irene, & I'll ship.

Aaron/Machka, 5%, so £533.75 due. I have your Bank Details & will TX this sum shortly. Remind me if we have any prev unsettled balances, please. 

Alan Nice Man, 1%, maximum £65 spend agreed. (PAID in advance). Due £106.75 PLUS £65, = £171.75. PM or e-Mail me your Bank Details please, & I will ship.

Plump Bloke, 2% = £213.50. You arrive here today, we can settle up in cash. £213 50 due.

Methuselah, 2% = £213.50. I have your Bank Details, I will tx shortly.

MerelyBurnMoney - 5% = £533.75. I have your Bank Details, I will ship shortly.

Phil Q - 5% - Phil is here, I'll agree with him how to pay, but I'll probably do a Bank TX. I have your Bank Details.

I really enjoyed all this.

Last November, I came here, played 12 or 14 Tourneys, & never cashed for a bean. It was my first ever losing trip to Vegas, though it was "close" last July iirc, when we had 3 cashes but made little or nothing.  It sort of got inside my head a bit, & I fretted endlessly that I was past it. We have now shown that with a bit of run good, we can still nick a result or two. 

I could not be more pleased.

Thanks all.

MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29455 on: July 04, 2012, 05:06:01 AM »

Nice work.
Well done.

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29456 on: July 04, 2012, 05:09:44 AM »

The following have now been paid (amounts as above) by Bank TX, & should receive immediately.

Aaron

Methuselah

Mere

Phil Q.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29457 on: July 04, 2012, 05:31:13 AM »

"One-Off" Stakers for the WSOP Omaha were, if I recall correctly......

Doobsy had $250 worth - call it 17%.

Shelley Bedi had 2.5%. (I told Geo to GTFO).

henrik77 (Sandy) had 2.5%. Feel for him, he asked for $500 worth!

Stu (claypole) had 5%.

The profit was $13,578, & everything was on credit, so as I see it, the returns due are as follows.....If payment is made in £ Sterling, I have used today's rate.

Doobsy = $2,261.70 (£1,464.44).

Shelley = $377 (£243)

henrik = $377 (£243)

claypole = $754 (£486).

Payment can be in $$$'s, if n Vegas, (which suits, as I have a few....) or by Bank Transfer, as you wish.  Send me Bank Details by PM if needed, please.

These were the "one-off" Stakers in the WSOP event.

Doobsy - Paid £1,464.44 by Bank TX.

Shelley Bedi - Paid £243 by Bank TX. Don't give a PENNY to Geo, right?

Sandy (Henrik77), please PM me your Bank Details. £243 due.

Stu (claypole) Paid £650 by Bank TX, which includes my costs for staking you, all as agreed.

Weighed in!

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #29458 on: July 04, 2012, 05:50:15 AM »

Tikay, not sure if you saw my mention on Twitter, but really enjoyed reading your blog for the first time. I read the one about the ruling and the arsewipe of a CR, but question if you can bother to answer it...

Who was you more pissed off with

- Guy who went all in when after next card
- Guy who asked for ruling
- Or the CR, who seemed a bit off

Top work on blog Cheesy
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #29459 on: July 04, 2012, 07:08:54 AM »

cheers Tony and well played.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 ... 1960 1961 1962 1963 [1964] 1965 1966 1967 1968 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: