blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 08:00:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524 3525 3526 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6348133 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52815 on: July 09, 2018, 10:09:27 AM »

Great diarage today Tony.

Your writing was always excellent but I think it's getting better with time. Either consciously or unconsciously, (I suspect the latter) you have developed a recognisable style that has just the right mixture of fact, opinion and humour to make your pieces come alive. 

You make it look easy, and therein lies the magic.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52816 on: July 09, 2018, 10:10:29 AM »

It's still crap tho obv.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52817 on: July 09, 2018, 10:12:20 AM »

Prince Louis gets christened today. (Surely "christened" should be capitalized, but google says otherwise, & he's never wrong).  

The service will be carried out by "the Most Reverend Justin Welby".

Wonder what makes him "Most Reverend" as opposed to "Normal Reverend" or "Average Reverend", & why it's "Most" & not "most"?

The word reverend means beloved/respected, so the higher the rank in the clergy, the better the adjective:

Very
Right
Most

The Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury are Most.

It'd be great if there was a Well Good Reverend. Or, even better, a Right Good Reverend.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52818 on: July 09, 2018, 10:14:29 AM »

Incredible stuff mate losing so much in such a short time.

3 hours a day walking >>>>>>>>> 3 hours a day replying to emails. You'll live longer and feel better so to hell with not having time to do other things.

Is it just the food side of things that has now finished? Hopefully you'll keep up the walking, you'll probably find a nice balance where you can eat what you like and hover around the 12 and a half stone mark forever which will give you long term health.

I shall of course be in for the staking as per normal.

Morning Matthew.

As of the end of May, I quit all exercise & eating properly. It was always the plan that I'd quit the exercise & healthy eating whilst in Vegas.

Now, it's time to re-assess. I've put on just over a stone since then, & thoroughly enjoyed doing so.

I'm not feeling great though, so the plan is to get back on the sensible exercise & diet regime, probably within the next week.

I'm toying with the idea of buying a bike, so that I cycle instead of walk, but really, it amounts to the same thing - I need to resume daily & strenuous exercise, combined with a sensible diet.

I'm not really sure of the pros & cons of cycling v walking, but I'm a bit scared of cycling on the roads these days, so it looks like walking will be the chosen poison. Can't say I'm looking forward to it, but t has to be done.

Unless you have somewhere away from traffic to cycle, walking wins hands down.

Also, if walking is a chore you're doing it wrong.

Get a dog.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52819 on: July 09, 2018, 10:23:02 AM »

Your writing was always excellent but I think it's getting better with time. Either consciously or unconsciously, (I suspect the latter) you have developed a recognisable style that has just the right mixture of fact, opinion and humour to make your pieces come alive. 

The term "diarage" worries me a little, but thank you. I think.

It bothers me endlessly that - partly because I rush - there is almost always a typo in every post. My legendary skills as a touch typist seem to be failing me.

Completely unconnected, but as a young man, I recall the media being flooded with adverts to take the Pitman's Shorthand course, everyone needed it, apparently. And I well remember, in my working life, plenty of good Secretaries & PA's who used shorthand. It looked like this;

Click to see full-size image.

Anyone know if it's still in use? I guess Court Stenographers, Legal Secretaries, Hansard writers maybe (?), still use it, but has technology killed shorthand? Can't say I've ever seen a Smartphone that has shorthand "characters".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52820 on: July 09, 2018, 10:24:24 AM »

Now can everyone be quiet & stop replying, so I can sort these Staking Returns out?

Jeez, it's a nightmare.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52821 on: July 09, 2018, 12:52:25 PM »

Blimey.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #52822 on: July 09, 2018, 01:00:51 PM »

Completely unconnected, but as a young man, I recall the media being flooded with adverts to take the Pitman's Shorthand course, everyone needed it, apparently. And I well remember, in my working life, plenty of good Secretaries & PA's who used shorthand. It looked like this;

Anyone know if it's still in use? I guess Court Stenographers, Legal Secretaries, Hansard writers maybe (?), still use it, but has technology killed shorthand? Can't say I've ever seen a Smartphone that has shorthand "characters".

Somebody once asked me if I was taking notes in shorthand - I had to admit that was just what my normal handwriting looks like 

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52823 on: July 09, 2018, 04:40:13 PM »

4 more Thai cave boys rescued safe & well.

Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #52824 on: July 09, 2018, 09:38:29 PM »

The term "diarage" worries me a little, but thank you. I think.

It bothers me endlessly that - partly because I rush - there is almost always a typo in every post. My legendary skills as a touch typist seem to be failing me.

Yes it's still in use, I asked a friend who is a Legal Secretary.

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #52825 on: July 10, 2018, 09:33:52 AM »

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52826 on: July 10, 2018, 12:45:19 PM »

There's a return ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #52827 on: July 10, 2018, 01:04:43 PM »

Prince Louis gets christened today. (Surely "christened" should be capitalized, but google says otherwise, & he's never wrong).  

The service will be carried out by "the Most Reverend Justin Welby".

Wonder what makes him "Most Reverend" as opposed to "Normal Reverend" or "Average Reverend", & why it's "Most" & not "most"?

The word reverend means beloved/respected, so the higher the rank in the clergy, the better the adjective:

Very
Right
Most

The Pope and the Archbishop of Canterbury are Most.

It'd be great if there was a Well Good Reverend. Or, even better, a Right Good Reverend.

I remember many years ago a first attempt at a letter to the Archbishop of Canterbury about a pension matter - the salutation was pretty close to that.  Luckily intercepted by a chap who had read his Debretts.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #52828 on: July 10, 2018, 08:39:42 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/jul/10/starbucks-introduces-latte-levy-of-5p-on-single-use-paper-cups?CMP=fb_gu

Should we brace ourselves for 2019s Las Vegas package being sold at 1.10 to offset this?

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #52829 on: July 12, 2018, 12:38:53 PM »

Just finished trawling through around 100 pages of Updates & nonsense.

Will summarise who was in the Stake, & for how much each, followed by what I played, what I missed, & the results.

Pages: 1 ... 3518 3519 3520 3521 [3522] 3523 3524 3525 3526 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: