blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 09:30:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272657 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Independence Referendum
Poll
Question: Do you agree that Scotland should be an independent country?
Yes - because it would be better for the Scots
Yes - because the rest of the UK would be better off without the Scots
Don't really know
Don't care
No, the Union is a good thing

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 114 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Independence Referendum  (Read 191886 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: May 10, 2014, 06:03:20 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-ZMwp1elXw
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 10, 2014, 06:44:49 PM »

Just because you continue to say that accession to the EU poses no problems doesn't make it so, I'm afraid.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 10, 2014, 06:48:17 PM »

Just because you continue to say that accession to the EU poses no problems doesn't make it so, I'm afraid.

I haven't really followed the referendum debates because I have always assumed no would win easily, so it's all moot.

But why are the EU putting obstacles to an Independent Scotland joining?

If you are going to allow the old Soviet Union members to join, Scotland seems like it should be a no brainer.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 10, 2014, 06:59:30 PM »

I haven't really followed the referendum debates because I have always assumed no would win easily, so it's all moot.

If you are going to allow the old Soviet Union members to join, Scotland seems like it should be a no brainer.

The EU aren't its the British Govt.  They won't ask the question. 

Even if Scotland doesn't join the EU we would be warmly welcomed into EFTA,  which would be my personal preference and its likely the UK will rejoin EFTA if there is an n/out referendum. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 10, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

Even if Scotland doesn't join the EU we would be warmly welcomed into EFTA,  which would be my personal preference and its likely the UK will rejoin EFTA if there is an n/out referendum. 

I saw some quote from someone in the EU saying it would be "problematic" or something

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 10, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »

They aren't putting up specific barriers to an independent Scotland joining.

But accession is a long drawn out process and there are certain conditions eg 'must use Euro' that new accessions need to follow.

Yes campaign assumes that by Europe vigorously sticking to 'the rules' that the British Govt is somehow stopping accession. Not only is it not doing that, it would further be folly to do so because of the amount of trade between Scotland and rUK.

KMac insists that 'the British govt could have the question answered tomorrow but refuses to do so' whereas in reality the rules for accession are well defined in EU law and the issue is in fact already clarified but since they aren't getting exactly what they want everything is a conspiracy by Westminster to oppress an independent Scotland. Jingoistic tripe, I'm afraid.

I want Scotland to have the right to determine their own future and if they vote yes then I'll support that, but I want them to know what they are letting themselves in for and currently the yes campaign is severely failing Scottish voters by being unable to, or worse refusing to, provide an objective picture of what life in an independent Scotland would be like.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 10, 2014, 07:17:14 PM »

I saw some quote from someone in the EU saying it would be "problematic" or something

That was Andrew Marr.  But the opinion was also expressed by outgoing EU president Jose Manuel Barrosso at the insistence of the British government.  

But many other have contradicted that including  Professor Sir David Edwards http://www.scottishconstitutionalfutures.org/OpinionandAnalysis/ViewBlogPost/tabid/1767/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/852/David-Edward-Scotland-and-the-European-Union.aspx

In other news today the Edinburgh co-ordinator of Better Togeether has left them today and switched sides to join Labour For Indy.  

http://wingsoverscotland.com/quoted-for-truth-extra/
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 10, 2014, 07:25:15 PM »

but I want them to know what they are letting themselves in for and currently the yes campaign is severely failing Scottish voters by being unable to, or worse refusing to, provide an objective picture of what life in an independent Scotland would be like.

That is quite simply bullshit. 

The YES campaign are the only side to show transparency. 

If you want them to be objective then surley the same must be said of the British Govt. 

Independence will not and cannot be any worse for Scotland than what we have just now. 
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 10, 2014, 07:33:05 PM »

Independence will not and cannot be any worse for Scotland than what we have just now. 

Given that a situation like Ireland or Greeces (or even Spain's 'almost') is always going to be possible for an independent Scotland that statement seems either bizarrely optimistic about the future or weirdly pessimistic about the present.

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 10, 2014, 07:34:43 PM »

Given that a situation like Ireland or Greeces (or even Spain's 'almost') is always going to be possible for an independent Scotland that statement seems either bizarrely optimistic about the future or weirdly pessimistic about the present.

Or the truth.  The UK State led by England is morally and fiscally bankrupt. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 10, 2014, 07:35:31 PM »

Another good video worth watching from author and playwrite Allan Bisset.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=INrCdJyjcQ
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 10, 2014, 07:36:59 PM »

Or the truth.  The UK State led by England is morally and fiscally bankrupt.  

Lol your lack of objectivity is absolutely astounding.

I give up. Gl with the referendum.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:56:03 PM by mulhuzz » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 10, 2014, 07:39:38 PM »

Love the way it follows him accusing someone else of bullshit.   Either side can't be sure Scotland will be better off under yes or no.  

Love the idea we are fiscally bankrupt at the same time as there is no shortage of willing lenders.  

It is just an endless flow of nonsense.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 10, 2014, 07:40:58 PM »

Absolute nonsense

Complete and utter baloney

you really are blinded by ideological crap

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 10, 2014, 07:49:26 PM »

Absolute nonsense

Complete and utter baloney

you really are blinded by ideological crap

I am not blined by any ideological crap.  I am sick of the bullshit I hear from those south of the border who give out about us being too wee, too poor, too stupid.  Or that the big bad boys in EU will force us into the euro or that we are somehow dependent on the UK state.   
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 114 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: