blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 19, 2024, 05:39:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272688 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2214709 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8850 on: May 28, 2017, 01:14:07 PM »

God forbid anyone in a position of power could know what sympathy or empathy was. 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8851 on: May 28, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »

The three lies that Jeremy Corbyn told Andrew Neil last night, by Stephen Daisley:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/the-three-lies-that-jeremy-corbyn-told-andrew-neil/

Any piece that relies on a quote from Sean O’Callaghan to make a point is doomed to failure.

Even yesterday the vast majority of people you listed he had met with were elcted representatives. 

I have attended many events over the years in support of the Iris struggle for self determination, at many of those Corbyn has spoken and he has never shown any support for a military operation.  He always talked up peace and bringing the brits to the negotiating table. 

The IRA were no more terrorists than the British Government.

I don't see how folk can look at Britans foreign policy and think that it's been successful and don't see the corrolation between ongoing attacks in the middle east attacks on home soil. 

Maybe Corbyn doesn't have all the answers but I'm pretty sure he'd provide a more effective solution. 

It's realistic to view our foreign policy as unsuccessful and I'd really doubt many people n Britain think otherwise. I think it's legitimate to question interventions in Iraq, Libya and it would be if we ever attacked Iran. It's legitimate to challenge our support for the Saudis and other comparable regimes.

However, I don't really have any squeamishness about ongoing confrontations with the Taliban or with IS and, from all I've read, I don't think there is any correlation between our attacks on IS for example, and their attacks here.

sola virtus nobilitat
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #8852 on: May 28, 2017, 06:48:07 PM »

The frustration of interviewing Michael Fallon.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8853 on: May 28, 2017, 08:13:02 PM »

The frustration of interviewing Michael Fallon.

he is a colossal turd. the video is mind numbing and highlights so many of the failures of politics/politicians.

(If you haven't seen it - https://twitter.com/HichamYezza/status/868182862415228929)

Also of interest is Craig Murrays comments regarding May vs Corbyn to negotiate Brexit for us

Click to see full-size image.
PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #8854 on: May 28, 2017, 11:28:27 PM »

The three lies that Jeremy Corbyn told Andrew Neil last night, by Stephen Daisley:

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/05/the-three-lies-that-jeremy-corbyn-told-andrew-neil/

Any piece that relies on a quote from Sean O’Callaghan to make a point is doomed to failure.

Even yesterday the vast majority of people you listed he had met with were elcted representatives. 

I have attended many events over the years in support of the Iris struggle for self determination, at many of those Corbyn has spoken and he has never shown any support for a military operation.  He always talked up peace and bringing the brits to the negotiating table. 

I don't see how folk can look at Britans foreign policy and think that it's been successful and don't see the corrolation between ongoing attacks in the middle east attacks on home soil. 

Maybe Corbyn doesn't have all the answers but I'm pretty sure he'd provide a more effective solution. 

It's realistic to view our foreign policy as unsuccessful and I'd really doubt many people n Britain think otherwise. I think it's legitimate to question interventions in Iraq, Libya and it would be if we ever attacked Iran. It's legitimate to challenge our support for the Saudis and other comparable regimes.

However, I don't really have any squeamishness about ongoing confrontations with the Taliban or with IS and, from all I've read, I don't think there is any correlation between our attacks on IS for example, and their attacks here.

I am not squeamish about dealing with a terror threat either but I'd do it properly by cutting off the head.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8855 on: May 29, 2017, 12:13:13 AM »

I am not squeamish about dealing with a terror threat either but I'd do it properly by cutting off the head.

Sure, just for the record, I wasn't suggesting you were, just giving my talking head view

sola virtus nobilitat
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8856 on: May 29, 2017, 08:07:13 AM »

"This election is a clear choice between me and Jeremy Corbyn. Which is why I'm sending Amber Rudd to debate instead of me"

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8857 on: May 29, 2017, 08:07:54 AM »

2.2million watched Corbyn interview with neil on Friday...

2.9million watched May on Monday

via overnightstv

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8858 on: May 29, 2017, 08:08:16 AM »

Sir David Butler‏

Voters are more volatile: the proportion switching parties between elections rose from 15% in 1960s to 43% in 2015.

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8859 on: May 29, 2017, 08:09:04 AM »

Interesting FT piece by Matt Singh explaining discrepancy in polls, it comes down to whether young voters turn out

https://www.ft.com/content/4ebc8f1e-43c0-11e7-8d27-59b4dd6296b8

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8860 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:10 AM »

Have I misunderstood? Nicola Sturgeon says Tories are certain to win AND voting Lab risks letting the Tories in?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40078647

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8861 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:46 AM »

John McDonnell supporting rioting students “kicking the shit” out of London

https://reaction.life/john-mcdonnell-supporting-rioting-students-kicking-shit-london/

My eyes are open wide
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #8862 on: May 29, 2017, 10:12:33 AM »

"This election is a clear choice between me and Jeremy Corbyn. Which is why I'm sending Amber Rudd to debate instead of me"

Has Corbyn said he's going yet? I think he pretty much has to? Should be able to give Rudd a right kicking over the fact May is too cowardly to be there.

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8863 on: May 29, 2017, 11:05:36 AM »

could be home secretary in ten days time

i genuinely think Labour would be several points higher in the polls if she was a back bencher. no?

My eyes are open wide
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #8864 on: May 29, 2017, 11:47:47 AM »

could be home secretary in ten days time

i genuinely think Labour would be several points higher in the polls if she was a back bencher. no?

Same would hold true with John McDonnell. Always comes across as a nasty piece of work.

The British people aren't going to trust either of them.

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 589 590 [591] 592 593 594 595 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: