blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 06:33:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272651 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged
Poll
Question: How will you vote on December 12th 2019
Conservative - 19 (33.9%)
Labour - 12 (21.4%)
SNP - 2 (3.6%)
Lib Dem - 8 (14.3%)
Brexit - 1 (1.8%)
Green - 6 (10.7%)
Other - 2 (3.6%)
Spoil - 0 (0%)
Not voting - 6 (10.7%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 1422 1423 ... 1533 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The UK Politics and EU Referendum thread - merged  (Read 2203534 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #21270 on: October 06, 2019, 07:54:21 PM »

I've resisted reading this thread for much of the week.

It could be the way forward as I see much of the last few posts are duplicates/rehashes/rewords of the same old white noise.

Just assumed you got banned again mate
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21271 on: October 06, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »

The Yellowhammer documents, the government's central case, point to food shortages, medicine shortages, supply chain difficulties, security risks, civil disorder etc etc.

Three and a half years of expert warnings and the leave brainwashing about sunlit uplands is as strong as ever I see 😂

It is is absolutely incontrovertibly 100% in the national interest to avoid no deal gents.

Stop trolling and give yourself a warning  talktothehand

He is a Journos dream.

You and I get to travel for our jobs and interact with real life people(not just poker bots) and understand there is life beyond The New Stateman, FT and Marina Hindley.

He just laps up all the stuff they feed him hook line and...plague of locusts

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #21272 on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:01 PM »

Marina Hyde. Myra Hindley.

Not going to apologise for being well read 🙂

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21273 on: October 06, 2019, 08:08:05 PM »

The Yellowhammer documents, the government's central case, point to food shortages, medicine shortages, supply chain difficulties, security risks, civil disorder etc etc.

Three and a half years of expert warnings and the leave brainwashing about sunlit uplands is as strong as ever I see 😂

It is is absolutely incontrovertibly 100% in the national interest to avoid no deal gents.

Stop trolling and give yourself a warning  talktothehand

He is a Journos dream.

You and I get to travel for our jobs and interact with real life people(not just poker bots) and understand there is life beyond The New Stateman, FT and Marina Hindley.

He just laps up all the stuff they feed him hook line and...plague of locusts

He’s also got himself a new job despite the ‘horror’ of Brexit.

One of my best mates is even funnier. Maybe 6 months after the ref vote he was up for redundancy, of course it was all Brexits fault  Roll Eyes then he popped up  a few months later telling us he had got an even better job within the same company with a lot more £££.....so he had clearly benefited from Brexit  Cheesy he denied he had even been up for redundancy after that, couldn’t admit the road to Brexit had helped him out  
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:11:11 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #21274 on: October 06, 2019, 08:09:34 PM »

I read her and just shrug my shoulders tbh, so it really is you just lapping up what you want to hear as Adz says......
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21275 on: October 06, 2019, 09:19:33 PM »

Thanks for the correction. I didn't think you would get it....

Well read doesn't mean what you read is always right....

engy

View Profile
« Reply #21276 on: October 07, 2019, 12:11:46 AM »

Tighty I really don't know why you bother you come on make decent posts/points and you just get slagged off by woodsey followed by a load of jumping smiley faces. or Adz saying ive heard it all before tinned peaches its not true, doom mongers no proof etc. but never post any proof of how things are going to be better post brexit. Respect you don't bite
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21277 on: October 07, 2019, 03:50:16 AM »

Tighty I really don't know why you bother you come on make decent posts/points and you just get slagged off by woodsey followed by a load of jumping smiley faces. or Adz saying ive heard it all before tinned peaches its not true, doom mongers no proof etc. but never post any proof of how things are going to be better post brexit. Respect you don't bite

Stop arise licking mate. If that's what your badly punctuated ramble is actually doing.

Without us it would be a very one sided, polarized view of the situation.

It seems even Mantis has given up the fight.

Not sure what 'evidence" any side can put up until something has happened, so when the press, who are the real 'doom mongers' are only intent on presenting one view, it's very hard to post any other type of "evidence".

If you want us to leave the thread, and that is the consensus, then I for one, will do so.I am as bored with it as the next person.

Will soon become a very one sided monologue though. Roll Eyes

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21278 on: October 07, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »

Stop arise licking mate. If that's what your badly punctuated ramble is actually doing.

Not sure what 'evidence" any side can put up until something has happened, so when the press, who are the real 'doom mongers' are only intent on presenting one view, it's very hard to post any other type of "evidence".

If you want us to leave the thread, and that is the consensus, then I for one, will do so.I am as bored with it as the next person.

I’m with Engy on this. I have a different view of the future to the one that Tighty has, but lately I choose not to post because I want to avoid the risk of being thought to hold the same general world view as you.

By the way, argument is not, as you seem to think, the automatic gainsaying of the other protagonist’s position.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #21279 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:01 AM »

I’m with Engy on this. I have a different view of the future to the one that Tighty has, but lately I choose not to post because I want to avoid the risk of being thought to hold the same general world view as you.

By the way, argument is not, as you seem to think, the automatic gainsaying of the other protagonist’s position.

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Such a snowflake.

Nice quote from someone you have taken there, btw, but not sure I mentioned argument. I purely said if this thread didn't have 3 people on here, it would be very one sided.

As promised, I shall retreat from thread............. until the 31st.

You're on your own Woodsey, cos it seems democracy and free speech isn't welcome here either! Wink Wink

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21280 on: October 07, 2019, 09:57:55 AM »

The national interest is stopping no deal.

This is the quote that seems to be causing the controversy

I personally disagree with the quote as usual

That is Tightys one sided view as usual

Nobody actually knows the national interest accurately at this juncture

Yeah we can hear quotes and views and read polls blah blah blah but folk seem to just listen to what they want to hear presently
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #21281 on: October 07, 2019, 10:12:19 AM »

• Perfection is the enemy of progress.

• Anticipation is the enemy of patience.

• Comparison is the enemy of joy.

• Comfort is the enemy of growth.

• Naivety is the enemy of conviction.

• Resilience is the enemy of failure.
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #21282 on: October 07, 2019, 10:14:03 AM »

The EU holding fast and want Boris to give more by the end of the week.

Why...because they believe an extension is almost certainly going to happen.

All hail the Benn Act. Without it a deal with have been much more likely.....and so on we go. Roll Eyes

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #21283 on: October 07, 2019, 10:47:53 AM »

#Invalid YouTube Link#

Such a snowflake.

Nice quote from someone you have taken there, btw, but not sure I mentioned argument. I purely said if this thread didn't have 3 people on here, it would be very one sided.

As promised, I shall retreat from thread............. until the 31st.

You're on your own Woodsey, cos it seems democracy and free speech isn't welcome here either! Wink Wink

LMAO I am a long way removed from any snowflakery, but I’m not an arsehole either.

No surprise that the Golf Captain at Middle Wallop Golf and Country Club doesn’t know where the quote came from.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #21284 on: October 07, 2019, 11:33:45 AM »

• Perfection is the enemy of progress.

• Anticipation is the enemy of patience.

• Comparison is the enemy of joy.

• Comfort is the enemy of growth.

• Naivety is the enemy of conviction.

• Resilience is the enemy of failure.

Plagiarism is the enemy of relevance?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1415 1416 1417 1418 [1419] 1420 1421 1422 1423 ... 1533 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: