blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 02:26:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix 4 announced €250,000 guaranteed
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix 4 announced €250,000 guaranteed  (Read 28774 times)
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: August 20, 2011, 09:50:06 AM »

I've seen ppl playing pokerz on laptops whilst playing at DTD a few times. Are they just running off the battery or are there places to plug them in? It's the bloody Supernova freeroll tonight and in the unlikely event I'm still in by 7pm it will be an issue and my laptop battery is pretty shit.

I thought Stars was blocked?
paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 20, 2011, 09:56:41 AM »

No chops right

Just me
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 20, 2011, 10:03:03 AM »

I've seen ppl playing pokerz on laptops whilst playing at DTD a few times. Are they just running off the battery or are there places to plug them in? It's the bloody Supernova freeroll tonight and in the unlikely event I'm still in by 7pm it will be an issue and my laptop battery is pretty shit.

I thought Stars was blocked?

Think it is. Was talking to the dude at the cash desk when getting the wifi password. I couldn't even connect to youtube. blonde works tho Smiley

Blue text
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2011, 10:09:31 AM »

Would be using a dongle...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2011, 01:56:50 PM »

Ppl use the plugs under the cash game cables to charge them. Only the cash tables have plugs though (for shuffle machines) so whilst in the tourney area, you'd need a vlong cable. Can charge during breaks though....

Stars works fine.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Spraggs

Don't hate, appreciate!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2011, 04:11:02 PM »

Just thought i'd give some feedback on the event, didn't want to make another thread, but suppose someone could make one if they wanted...

I know Simon asked for a show of hands during the tournament to get a rough idea of peoples thoughts during the tournament, I'll give my view now its finished.

The Idea i think is great, It allowed people like me, predominantly online players, to "qualify" for a Live tournament with good value, a small buy-in for lower stakes players, a good structure for the live day 2 and a hefty 1st place prize.

I think, as with the other tournaments you offer the promotion for, the Gold chip satellites are such a great incentive. It's another example of how DTD differentiate themselves from the other tours, and how they are very "customer friendly". The added value is superb. (of course it is marketing, but it's added perks like this that keep the players happy).

As touched on earlier the structure was pretty bang on allowing for play at the start and middle stages of the tournament, yet not having a ridiculous amount of levels squeezed in to one day, and allowing the live event to be ran over Saturday and Sunday (saying that i dint make day 3).

The guarantee though a little ambitious turned out to be not too far off as first worried, i'm sure as many would agree 150k-200k would suit better for the future.

The Organisation and running of the event as a whole on day 2 seemed fine to me. Payouts, seating, dealers all ran smoothly.

All in all, apart from the over estimation of the guarantee, from my perspective the event seemed a great success and I enjoyed partaking in it.

I hope the Grand Prix will run again in the future much like it did this time (with tweeks of course, including the payout structure) and i hope DTD don't suffer too much from the overlay and gold chip bonuses they have to stump up for.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 04:13:15 PM by Spraggs » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: