blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 12:42:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Liverpool FC
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 ... 750 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Liverpool FC  (Read 1286653 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #10620 on: May 04, 2016, 08:53:50 AM »

Now the inquest made it's verdict, what is going to happen? Will there be a real chance of people getting custodial sentences?

The families are pressing for compensation? 96 unlawful deaths may cost SYP a lot of money. Also, are they likely to sue Sheffield Wednesday, as it would seem they are at fault too?
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #10621 on: May 04, 2016, 10:20:12 AM »

Now the inquest made it's verdict, what is going to happen? Will there be a real chance of people getting custodial sentences?

The families are pressing for compensation? 96 unlawful deaths may cost SYP a lot of money. Also, are they likely to sue Sheffield Wednesday, as it would seem they are at fault too?

I believe the CPS are now considered whether there is grounds for criminal charges, a decision unlikely to be made before the end of the year.  After that, assuming they do find grounds, (how can they not?!) then it'll be a case of who, and whether it'll be individual(s) or corporation(s)

Carpe Diem
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10622 on: May 04, 2016, 12:11:35 PM »

Espn documentary on Hillsborough.

Due to the inquest not able to be shown before in the UK.

Just finished watching it and am stunned

https://youtu.be/Zc_gsv9LEeg

The ending has been changed to bring in the inquest result and it is on BBC2 on Sunday.  The maker of the film have suggested people watch the new version.  It will be on i player for those grinding.

Here is an article about the documentary

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/hillsborough-documentary-given-uk-tv-11276517

I might give the grind a miss, as I am sure it is going to be excellent.

His last documentary, 9.79* is on youtube too.  It is about the Ben Johnson race in Seoul.  It is a bit unusual, as it isn't very judgemental, but worth watching.  Unfortuately the voices are out of sync with the pictures in both versions I found.

The documentary he did on the North Korea World Cup team is well worth watching if you find it.  Unfortunately I couldn't find it now.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Game_of_Their_Lives_(2002_film)

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #10623 on: May 06, 2016, 02:06:39 AM »

Boom.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #10624 on: May 06, 2016, 03:51:27 AM »

Maybe been mentioned before, apologies if so, but if Liverpool win the Europa League would they displace the champions league spot from whoever finishes 4th in the prem?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #10625 on: May 06, 2016, 05:15:39 AM »

Maybe been mentioned before, apologies if so, but if Liverpool win the Europa League would they displace the champions league spot from whoever finishes 4th in the prem?

No.

From uefa.com: Maximum of five
• No more than five clubs can enter the UEFA Champions League from one national association.

Btw this is what would have happened had Man City won the UCL & Liverpool the EL & both had finished outside the top four:

Could Liverpool or Manchester City give England a fifth berth?
• Regarding the top three associations (i.e. Spain, Germany and England*): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League (something distinctly possible in England with Manchester City and Liverpool), the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs
– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) will transfer into the UEFA Europa League

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 05:20:09 AM by dino1980 » Logged
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #10626 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:12 AM »

No.

From uefa.com: Maximum of five
• No more than five clubs can enter the UEFA Champions League from one national association.

Btw this is what would have happened had Man City won the UCL & Liverpool the EL & both had finished outside the top four:

Could Liverpool or Manchester City give England a fifth berth?
• Regarding the top three associations (i.e. Spain, Germany and England*): if two clubs from one of these countries win the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, and neither finish their domestic league in a position that qualifies them for the UEFA Champions League (something distinctly possible in England with Manchester City and Liverpool), the following will happen:

– The club that won the UEFA Champions League will go straight into the group stage
– The UEFA Europa League winners will go into the UEFA Champions League play-offs
– The club that had qualified for a UEFA Champions League play-off spot via their domestic league competition (i.e. finished fourth) will transfer into the UEFA Europa League

Nice one.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10627 on: May 06, 2016, 10:26:16 AM »

Excellent performance last night.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10628 on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:00 AM »

give him a full pre-season to get that pressing game in shape, a couple of transfer windows...i can understand the excitement

fun tines.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10629 on: May 06, 2016, 10:30:33 AM »

Liverpool fans allocated just over 10,000 tickets for Europa League final http://gu.com/p/4tqqf/stw 

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10630 on: May 08, 2016, 08:27:07 PM »

Espn documentary on Hillsborough.

Due to the inquest not able to be shown before in the UK.

Just finished watching it and am stunned

https://youtu.be/Zc_gsv9LEeg

The ending has been changed to bring in the inquest result and it is on BBC2 on Sunday.  The maker of the film have suggested people watch the new version.  It will be on i player for those grinding.

This is on bbc2 at 9pm tonight.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #10631 on: May 08, 2016, 11:40:27 PM »

Shameful

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #10632 on: May 09, 2016, 12:42:42 AM »

Tonight's documentary for those that missed it.  So good.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07bgnkn

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #10633 on: May 09, 2016, 10:16:57 AM »

A very moving documentary.  Couldn't believe the police questions to the relatives of the deceased when they had just been told of their passing.  Disgraceful.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10634 on: May 17, 2016, 04:09:11 PM »

Confident for tomorrow?

hopeful?

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 705 706 707 708 [709] 710 711 712 713 ... 750 Go Up Print 
« previous next »