blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 18, 2024, 06:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272686 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Poker Million Pot Odds n Stuff
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Poker Million Pot Odds n Stuff  (Read 832 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2005, 12:33:34 AM »

Tonight's Poker Million, Heads up BB is 30K, bloke has J9s raises 3xBB, other guy goes all in. Roughly 400K in pot 200K to call. Getting 2/1 on his money. Donnacha says it's an easy call and if you know anything about the maths of the game you should call. I would pass this because I think I'm losing this hand, I can steal by going all in next hand and putting the other guy to a decision, I'd rather be raising than calling whether this is a 10 sng or for a million.

I have read Fossilman say that in a winner takes all one table tourney pot odds are everything. So it seems like this a big weakness in my game, but I still don't really understand why. Can anyone explain?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 12:50:41 AM »

well if tou put your oppo on anything other that jj,qq,kk or aa then the maths say you have to call as your getting 2-1 on a 60/40 shot

cash game its a must call tourny it all depends on how strong a play you think you are compared to your oppo

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Bongo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 01:00:09 AM »

tourny it all depends on how strong a play you think you are compared to your oppo

I remember a post on Paul Phillip's journal where he had called in a similar hand (ie he was behind but had odds to draw). People were asking why he had done so when he was clearly better than everyone at his table and could have outplayed them later on. He said that the reason he was better and had an edge on the other players is because he would make the call.

Do you think it's dangerous to have Busby Berkeley dreams?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: