blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 01:55:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  HELP required please
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HELP required please  (Read 6091 times)
taximan007

View Profile
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:21:38 AM »

Hello to the good people of blonde, here is my current predicament.
I am here in Southampton University Hospital having suffered a minor heart attack last Sunday in Guernsey. I was transferred here on Friday and at 6pm last night I underwent and angiogram and I assumed I would have a stent or 2 fitted and job done. Unfortunately the problem seems to be more serious than that so now I am back on the ward awaiting an MRI scan at some point this week and then any further procedures that may be required.

So here is my plea for help. Is there anyone In the Southampton area who could get me a PAYG SIM for an IPad as there is no wifi available here and my Guernsey plan roaming costs are astronomical and Roxanne and Daniel are still in Guernsey so it is proving to be difficult with little or no contact. It's so long since I have been here in the UK but I am thinking a PAYG sim with £30 loaded on it would be more than enough for the time I will be here. I HAVE the money here to pay so that's not a problem I would also need one of those pin things to access the sim holder.

I have posted this from my phone so hope it all makes sense and once it's posted I will turn of the internet so won't be able to access again

My contact number if anyone wants to get in touch is 07911 718844 text message is better than calling as you know what hospitals are like. Currently I am on cardio care short stay but I am certain I will be moved later today probably back to E ward.

Thank you in advance for reading this and for any help that is possible.

Graham Bone (taximan007)

humbled to be included alongside such esteemed people - thank you
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 02:31:06 AM »

I will pm a cpl of members I think are in Southampton area see if they can help

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 04:32:50 AM »

Hi Taxi,

Hope you're able to relax and get as speedy a recovery as possible.

I'm trying to help but I'm a huge idiot with technology. Please can you (or anyone else) let me know where this Sim card can be obtained? Are ipads locked to a particular network?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 04:44:39 AM »

If anyone is able to do this or contact something like a southampton based minicab firm and get them to do it, me and Pads are very happy to split any cost.

I tried ringing one but my connection is so bad they couldn't even understand me.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 07:12:34 AM »

I can't help sorry ,
I hope you get it sorted tho

But get well soon taxi

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 07:27:42 AM »

My dad was in hospital recently, and one of the nurses have him their Wi-Fi password so he could get on using his iPad. Maybe you could ask a friendly nurse if there's any way you can get on the Wi-Fi there (if there is one for staff)?

Hope you're well soon.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 08:13:56 AM »

I am unable to help today but if it is not sorted today by other means am happy to drive down tomorrow and will be with you by midday.

Obv happy to split the fuel costs etc with Cos n Pads and I will monitor thread to see if I am needed and will confirm later but like Cos I am a tech noob so if anyone could post what is needed and where I am best placed to get it from I would be grateful

If it is sorted I hope you get better soon Graham

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 09:05:13 AM »

This is one of those situations where I wish it was me that could sort it.

Good luck Graham.

The older I get, the better I was.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 09:27:17 AM »

I'm across the other side of the country mate, but if you have had no help by the close of today drop me a PM and I'll go buy one in the morning and get it couriered to you. Cheers

Just seen he has turned the Internet off, if someone sorts it can they post here please?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 09:29:13 AM by Woodsey » Logged
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 11:59:30 AM »

Hi Graham,

iPads can take either Standard, Micro or Mini Sims, do you know which one you require ? If not can you measure it ? You don't need the proper Pin to access the SIM holder, you can do it with a paper clip or a needle. Do you know if your iPad is locked to a mobile network or unlocked ? If you don't know, what SIM do you have in there at the moment, might be best to stick to that network.
Once we know exactly what you need, I'll get the SIM, load it with £30 credit and put it in the post to you 1st Class today. Should be with you tomorrow.

Get well soon,

Lisa
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 12:01:02 PM »

get well soon graham

sounds like plenty of help is at hand but i know two blondes that live and/or work in southampton - Pawprint/Mark Porter. I am sure we can call on their help if need be

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2015, 12:14:10 PM »

get well soon graham

sounds like plenty of help is at hand but i know two blondes that live and/or work in southampton - Pawprint/Mark Porter. I am sure we can call on their help if need be

i sent both of them PM's last night

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2015, 12:16:47 PM »

Ok, I've got an EE combi SIM here with 6MB data which lasts for 90 days. I've also got a Pin, sim cutter and SIM card size converters.
I'll put them all in the post today.

Is it :-

Graham Bone
Cardio Cardio Care Short Stay or Ward E
Southampton University Hospital
Tremona Road
Southampton
SO16 6YD
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »

I hope all goes well Graham, all the best fella.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »

Ok, I've got an EE combi SIM here with 6MB data which lasts for 90 days. I've also got a Pin, sim cutter and SIM card size converters.
I'll put them all in the post today.

Is it :-

Graham Bone
Cardio Cardio Care Short Stay or Ward E
Southampton University Hospital
Tremona Road
Southampton
SO16 6YD

You should give him a quick call, as per his OP he has turned off the net on his phone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: