blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 04:59:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272800 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP updates
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP updates  (Read 1556 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2006, 11:09:33 AM »

does anyone know where i can get updates on the first few events please
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:14:55 AM »

A thread from yesterday appearing half way down this first page.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=11925.0

sponsored by Fyffes
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:03:21 PM »

A quick WSOP question.

They start the day with lots of players then play down to 800 don't they?  If you play like a total rock is it possible to make it to day two without getting blinded away or is it likely that you'd get blinded away on day one if you don't actually do anything?

Also, what's the prize structure for the main event?  How many places do they pay? 

I'd like to know these things for next year you see Smiley

Sark79

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 12:09:37 PM »

I'd like to know these things for next year you see Smiley

Good luck mate
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 12:17:44 PM »

Also, what's the prize structure for the main event?  How many places do they pay? 

Its usually top 10% so they wont know the exact structure and how many places are being paid until they have an exact figure on how many runners

sponsored by Fyffes
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:40 PM »

An oddity of the WSOP is that the Tournament Chips you start with match the $ buy-in. So, if you enter a $1,000 WSOP Event, all you get is 1,000 chips!

And the $5,000 gets you 5,000 starting chips. Etc.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 12:22:35 PM »

does anyone know where i can get updates on the first few events please

try blonde's WSOP one stop shop...link in the news box top right of this page

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
matt674

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 12:26:04 PM »

An oddity of the WSOP is that the Tournament Chips you start with match the $ buy-in. So, if you enter a $1,000 WSOP Event, all you get is 1,000 chips!

And the $5,000 gets you 5,000 starting chips. Etc.

I've often wondered why they never complain about this - playing a £100 festival comp at blackpool i always feel a little hard done by when only starting with 3000 chips.

But then i think that they have to pay $3000 over there for the same amount of starting chips on virtually the same blind structure with the added antes to boot (granted on a longer clock)!!

sponsored by Fyffes
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

They start the day with lots of players then play down to 800 don't they?  If you play like a total rock is it possible to make it to day two without getting blinded away or is it likely that you'd get blinded away on day one if you don't actually do anything?

If you don't play a single hand, you'll get blinded out about halfway through level 6 (the last of the day) so you'll outlast just over half the field.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 12:42:43 PM »

Cheers Andrew, so you do need to get busy for a few hands but that's not bad going.    Average chips at the start of day two will be around 20k then, so a nice double up at some point during the day is a good target to aim for?  Double up twice and you're in with a shout.

matt674

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 12:52:12 PM »

Cheers Andrew, so you do need to get busy for a few hands but that's not bad going.    Average chips at the start of day two will be around 20k then, so a nice double up at some point during the day is a good target to aim for?  Double up twice and you're in with a shout.

Not quite - 2000 are planned to start each of the 4 days with only approx 800 progressing each day to one of the two second days. Meaning that the average will be around the 25k mark. Then each of the 1600 runner day 2's will play down to 700 meaning the average stack will be approx 57-58k for the 1400 players returning on day 3.

sponsored by Fyffes
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 01:20:20 PM »

Ah, a slight miscalculation, I though 10k people we're in this year not 8 Smiley

Hope the Blondes can hang in there, I think it would be great fun to be a part of this and I'm dead jealous Cheesy  I expect it's a long old day though if you make it through.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2006, 12:09:30 AM »

Also, if you get knocked out and you're out of the money - do you just get up and go?  Is it as final as that, I guess it would be, can't see them throwing a party for you. I guess it seems a big anticlimax.

And what if you've made the money, do they come and collect you and show you what to do or do you again, just get up and go then go somewhere to collect the cash?

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: