blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:34:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  "The Downswings of Property and Poker"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 291 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Downswings of Property and Poker"  (Read 600330 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: November 03, 2011, 05:08:48 PM »

ffs i bink two winners and still down on the day. obv i went big elsewhere which failed. I am a disgusting degen. Wp anyway fella.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: November 03, 2011, 05:10:05 PM »

ffs i bink two winners and still down on the day. obv i went big elsewhere which failed. I am a disgusting degen. Wp anyway fella.
Shudda backed it each way then you would have had less to degen elsewhere and more to come back!!!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: November 03, 2011, 05:11:44 PM »

Shudda backed it each way then you would have had less to degen elsewhere and more to come back!!!!

rofl

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: November 03, 2011, 05:17:03 PM »

rofl

I will never back a 9/4 shot ew. NEVER!!! and i know you wish did it to bink. Don't lie to me!

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: November 03, 2011, 05:42:17 PM »

rofl

I will never back a 9/4 shot ew. NEVER!!! and i know you wish did it to bink. Don't lie to me!
Huh? If you mean did I want it to finish second or third  David you are correct!!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: November 05, 2011, 10:51:57 AM »

Sad

Yesterday dropped Petra and Max off a Luton enroute to DTD, we got there nice and early as wanted to make sure they would be ok going through the check in as its the first time Petra has flown with Max and herself only and being as she was taking a suitcase full of presents plus her travel rucksack and the 2 piece pram which would need to be folded down to get through xray and then up again and carried down stairs to tarmac I  asked whether they could give her some help.

Obv in our health and safety concious world they said they could not hold the baby blah blah, so I said to Petra just find a fella and ask nicely.

Luckily the great people at Luton airport were really good and at the first passport control held Max and had an uber wide xray so the pram didnt need unfolding then in the departure lounge she asked someone if they could carry the pram to the tarmac for her and he said yes (bet he regrets it now) as it was miles to the tarmac and she said as they got to the boarding steps he was sweating like Vinny waiting for his Kebab at the end of an early night in a Luton Donakmnet.

They got there ok and her Mum met her at the airport so its just the return journey now in 10 days time...

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: November 05, 2011, 10:56:31 AM »

Sirius Prospect today or do you think it might have done enough this season what with the going becoming testing?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:05 AM »

Day 1a report

Having got to Notts earlier than usual I checked out Blonde and saw Redarmi had tipped up a horse at C/Downs so invested £40 each way at 10/3  oi oi  thx Red!!

Loads of Southend players were up for day1a think i saw 10 up for the weekend and 2 made day 2 already alas one was not me.

Halfway through level 1 i get a text from "the stable jockey" see below and snap ask Bookiebasher if he can get me on with Ladbrokes but he cant so i leave the table 1500 chips to the good with 16500 and snap drive into Nottingham town centre parking on double yellows by the crowne plaza and run to Ladbrokes by Debenhams to get 11/2 about the horse i want to have £200 each way but know if i put it on one slip they are gonna ring it through and decline me so i put £75 each way and after 5 mins of them trying to find the price were on, i wait 5 mins and then go back to the other cashier who then gives the slip to her manager out the back and he rings it through returning saying "You have had your bet" no more  wtf.

So i run to William Hills and get the rest on at 5/1 no phone calls and arrive back at DTD having missed one lot of 25/50 and 50/100. My table is pretty good with only Jimmy (Chilis Bro) half decent and then i suddenly become table c/l when in 1 orbit I flop 2 sets one which turns to quads on the turn and get 3 streets of value with quads and stack the guy in a cooler with my set, unfortunately i then get moved..

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: November 05, 2011, 11:13:50 AM »

New Table

There are loads of chips on this table and they reckon 7-8 players already busted so i rock up to see what everyones about but unfortunately play 2 hands badly one where i overbet the river having got there when a smaller raise probs gets paid off then i make it 825 at 150/300 with  in mid pos and get flatted by the h/j and button when Tim Chung 3bets to 3100 having been the most agro on the table and me having a tight image for the hour i have been sat at the table i decide this is a good spot to 4b and in my head I'm making it 8700 unfortunately i slide an extra 5k over the line and obv try hard to conceal my dissapointment. As it goes this narrows my range even further due to stack sizes and when Tim jams i snap fold thinking i should have 30k now not the 25k in front of me, on the break i talk to him about the hand and he tells me he had Aces which is fair enough.

Coming back I hover for a while before my exit hand where a loose passive limps utg+2  i raise with  in mid pos and he flats tbh i butchered the rest of the hand as i decided to play it trappy and after we see a board of  with him c/r my cbet i decide the  is a great card for me so when he bets the turn i flat and on a  river he sets me all in. As it goes i cannot win this hand anywhere post flop as am stacking off if I 4bet the flop but I feel plenty of the time he has a busted flush or worse 2pair hand and call insta mucking when he snap shows  for the turned house..

Back today with my second satellite seat..

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: November 05, 2011, 11:22:24 AM »

SIRIUS PROSPECT!!

3.40 DONCASTER 
I am backing this eachway after a text convo this week with the stable jockey.

@Karabiner  it has one good run on good to soft but idk tbh

Convo goes:

Jockey - Sirius Prospect 3.40 Sat
Me - Yeah saw it was running and he is also taking Zafeens Pearl, i assume they really like Sirius even though up in grade?
Jockey - He is considered GROUP CLASS mate
Me - I checked out the runners and he might be fav
Jockey - I think he will be
Me - As long as he wins, I also see ******* entered Thurs at Kempton
Jockey - That wont run Thurs, they reckon Prospect will bolt up

next day
Me - Brilliant mate cant wait to see the price, i see Valid Reason and Zafeens are both still in
Jockey - Valid Reason N/R

Last night
Jockey - I have £200 on at 11/2
Me Cool now i know its strong if your having that much on
Jockey - Defo mate

Now those who have backed him the last 3 times like me have been rewarded at 18/1, 11/2 and 8/1 so this horse owes me not a penny, personally i wonder about the ground but have had a max bet of £200 each way and they dont send horses up that far without trying so i see this as an each way to nothing type bet!!

ACE2M

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: November 05, 2011, 11:48:24 AM »

on.

one for the offical thread?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=55617.0
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: November 05, 2011, 11:57:28 AM »

Superstitious ftw
I have not posted it up on betting and sports this year so not goons now but feel free to post the link to my page  Wink

Raman

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: November 05, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »

Excellent read, some of the degen exploits remind me of some stuff I have done. 

Some excellent tipping as well, good luck with the max bet today. 
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: November 05, 2011, 12:15:12 PM »

GLGLGL @ dtd today mate hope u run as goooood as Sirius xx

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: November 05, 2011, 12:24:47 PM »

@Raman nice start so far keep up the good work  put some of your golden £££on

Gl girgles

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 291 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: