blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:39:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Our UTG 4-bet gets flatted...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Our UTG 4-bet gets flatted...  (Read 4946 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 03:00:47 PM »

yuck..hate this spot...and I always take a stab at it even though I know I probably shouldn't Sad
Like this guy comment! quality ! Makes it even clearer to me why i dont play online anymore.....
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2010, 04:40:22 PM »

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 02:37:10 AM »

I guess we've already discussed our plan for what we do if villain bets but...

I check
Villain bets 10,400.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 03:11:04 PM »

Pre-flop question: Am I a massive nit to just flat the 3-bet as a default?

right or wrong, I probably do this as well.

I'd be spooked by the (not so cold) call and even more spooked by the flop that has us beating nothing so I c/f.

Still pretty well stacked for the rest of the tourney

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

Oops I missed a couple of comments.

Dino - I never flat here tbh. QQ too strong to do that imo. Villain tends to have a lot of shitty Aces and small pairs that I don't want to give good odds for them outflopping us. I might take this line with JJ.

Cf - Obviously getting it in to a 5-bet. QQ never really foldable in these turbos, except perhaps against good regs in obvious spots in the first couple of levels very occasionally...(although actually this is a rebuy so QQ is going in whatever)

roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 04:38:20 PM »

There must be some value jamming the flop here its only a pot bet and our hand is well rep'd from the action pre and his line is pretty bizarre: min raise/flat.  We will never win the pot checking to him imo but will it make micro donks fold ax worried about being dominated??

shit @ poker since 1998
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »

There must be some value jamming the flop here its only a pot bet and our hand is well rep'd from the action pre and his line is pretty bizarre: min raise/flat.  We will never win the pot checking to him imo but will it make micro donks fold ax worried about being dominated??

yes but what hand are you repping?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 05:12:05 PM »

I think you fold out Ax less than 10% of the time here, if they got to this point with Ax they ain't folding on an ace high board.

roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 06:04:11 PM »

I think you fold out Ax less than 10% of the time here, if they got to this point with Ax they ain't folding on an ace high board.

Yeah its probs pretty low but offset by the times he has 99/1010/KJ/QJ and cant let that go either Huh?

IDK the biggest problem is the standard in these games is so mixed his range can be either only the hands were crushed by AQ,AJ,JJ or a myriad of other Ax which he might let go and random Jx shit that he pays us off with.

Personally I'd have flatted his min raise pre then let it go but with 1/3 of my stack in the middle I want to have a chance to win the pot now.

shit @ poker since 1998
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 07:43:15 PM »

No way I'm doing anything but jamming this in a $3r. People turn up with allllll sorts of random crap. He min 3bet pre so he's obv terrible, really wouldn't be suprised if you got snapped off by QJ here.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2010, 01:21:29 PM »

I don't see the merit in open jamming the flop. If we're gonna go with the hand, isn't a check/call check/reshove, check/shove-the-turn-if-he-checks-back a better line? At least then you give him a chance to bluff off if he has nothing rather than getting snapped by anything that beats you and folding out everything else.

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2010, 01:48:55 PM »

I don't see the merit in open jamming the flop. If we're gonna go with the hand, isn't a check/call check/reshove, check/shove-the-turn-if-he-checks-back a better line? At least then you give him a chance to bluff off if he has nothing rather than getting snapped by anything that beats you and folding out everything else.

what did you actually do?

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2010, 02:13:57 PM »

i'd check/something - meh - depends on opponent as to whether i would call off a bet but probably would.

has to be better than betting out tho
roscopiko

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »

The only merit to jamming is we never win the pot with the worst hand by checking, this is the only way we can as surely we get some Ax folds, we probably also get some calls from Jx too and some fishy 1010, 99 fd type hands because like I said this is a $3 tourney.  Obv we also get snapped off when were crushed but then we just need a Q or backdoor clubs ftw.

shit @ poker since 1998
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2010, 04:09:38 PM »

opponent is no way calling a 4bet with Ax to fold an ace high flop
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: