blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272664 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cycling Betting & Discussion.
Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 139 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cycling Betting & Discussion.  (Read 287969 times)
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: August 23, 2015, 05:09:07 PM »

Vuelta kicks in for real today, after yesterday's neutralised TTT. I'm warming to the chances of Aru e/w on the outright. 7/1 for 1/4 odds 1-2-3. Barring accidents he's team leader for Astana, will have a very strong team (of dopers) behind him and is fresh having bypassed the tour. Hopefully get a 3 week sweat for my money.

Like it.
How do you see the main GC contenders going? Personally can't see how they can all hold on for 3 weeks. Soo hard to do it anyway in 2 GTs in a season, then add in just how hard the TdF was this year.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: August 23, 2015, 08:37:45 PM »

Vuelta kicks in for real today, after yesterday's neutralised TTT. I'm warming to the chances of Aru e/w on the outright. 7/1 for 1/4 odds 1-2-3. Barring accidents he's team leader for Astana, will have a very strong team (of dopers) behind him and is fresh having bypassed the tour. Hopefully get a 3 week sweat for my money.

Like it.
How do you see the main GC contenders going? Personally can't see how they can all hold on for 3 weeks. Soo hard to do it anyway in 2 GTs in a season, then add in just how hard the TdF was this year.

Froome has talked down his chances, and went as far as to say he'd work in support if he couldn't find his form. I doubt he'll drop off that much but I wouldn't be lumping on with him going in trying to find form. Quintana sounded confident pre-race, I've never sure of him and Valverde being the best duo at working together. Both had tough tours. A big deal was made of Contador having such a tough task doing back-to-back grand tours, and the same applies to Froome, Quintana, Valverde, Nibali and Van Gaarderen here.

Nibali losing time today means it very likely Aru is now definite leader, Nibali can be used to attack and soften up others. As Landa is off to sky he'll be sacrificed as super-domestique. It's always a gamble betting early doors in a grand tour, and I'm not Aru's biggest fan, but he's Astana's golden boy and they have a strong squad so a spot on the podium looks solid. Hopefully 7/1 will look bg in 3 weeks time.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: August 23, 2015, 08:46:50 PM »

Nibali 'd for hitching a ride on his team car. Quite a drastic punishment for one of the sports biggest names.

Really pleased for OGE. Had a nightmare TdF so to get an early win is great for them.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: August 23, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »

Nibali 'd for hitching a ride on his team car. Quite a drastic punishment for one of the sports biggest names.

Really pleased for OGE. Had a nightmare TdF so to get an early win is great for them.

Wow. Suppose rules are rules but he is a big draw. Yeh, i like Orica, they always have a great plan to maximise their resources in these grand tours, another leaders jersey to follow on from having it in this year's Giro and last year's Vuelta shows they can get the job done.
cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: August 30, 2015, 07:14:38 PM »

Absolutely cracking day of competitive cycle racing at the Vuelta today. The final 4kms were a brutal slugfest up a wall, with the lead changing constantly. I highly recommend watching the highlights on ITV4 at 19:00. Best day's 10 minutes of cycling I've seen in ages.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:02 PM »

Very good day for the bet. TdF really has taken it out of the other contenders.
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: September 02, 2015, 11:27:02 PM »

Yeh, amazing that Dumoulin is 2nd fav for the race this deep into it. He's impressed me a lot but surely can't keep with them as the mountain days keep coming. Opposition looks thin on the ground and Astana team riding strong enough to suggest Aru has a good shout now.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: September 13, 2015, 10:35:31 PM »

Great tipping, congrats!

Really enjoyable Vuelta all round. Chaves and Dumoulin the revelations for me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:49:40 PM by rinswun » Logged

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: September 13, 2015, 11:20:30 PM »

Great tipping, congrats!

Really enjoyable Vuelta all round. Chaves and Dumoulin the revelations for me.

Haha, finally nailed one after the Uran debacle of a pick in the Giro! Yeh, Dumoulin for me was amazing, if I hadn't punted Aru I'd have been supporting him. Lose a few Kg's and get a team based around him and not Degenkolb and he'd be a real player. Either that or just dominate the ITT's for the foreseeable.

Considering the Vuelta is always a bit of an after-thought, it had a bit of everything. The Nibali incident, Froome's injury, The opening TTT that had to be neutralised, Sagan being run over by the motorbike and the red jersey battle lasting into the penultimate stage, wasn't short on drama!
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1689 on: September 26, 2015, 12:29:20 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/road-world-championships/womens-road-race/winner

No stand out value in the betting imo.

Watched the U23 Mens RR race, looked like a cross between Flanders & GP de Plouay-Bretagne.

Hoping Lizzie Armistead wins. The awesome Pauline Ferrand-Prevot, triple World Champ in three different disciplines, has a very good chance.

But I think Anna Van Der Breggen may edge it. Her Time Trial ability & power on the climbs could see her gap the favourites on the final lap & hold on for the win.

Click to see full-size image.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1690 on: September 26, 2015, 01:04:11 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/cycling/road-world-championships/mens-road-race/winner

Whats your thoughts?

The U23 was a large peloton until the last lap when the rain & increase in pace fractured the race to bits.

Mens Elite of 260 km of attrition, rain predicted, & probably more attacks & counters make the this really difficult to call.

All ready have an interest in Matthews at 14/1. His focus & the Aussie team look strong.

Also a banzai few quid on Adam Yates at 250/1. The GB team don't really have a leader, hoping he can nick into a break. Certainly his form & confidence should be good with the win in the Clasica San Sebastian & a good ride in Montreal.

cheapwetsuit

View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: September 26, 2015, 02:41:00 PM »

So much of a lottery that I haven't really bothered this year, aside from a cheeky bet on Jempy Drucker. I do recall that Nacer Bouhanni once said that he prefers riding in the rain... Good luck, Tonji.
Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1692 on: September 26, 2015, 02:49:18 PM »

So much of a lottery that I haven't really bothered this year, aside from a cheeky bet on Jempy Drucker. I do recall that Nacer Bouhanni once said that he prefers riding in the rain... Good luck, Tonji.

ha, your probably right, but I had some decent results/luck last year on the Worlds. Spent a few hours this morning.... long list is very long  Smiley

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1693 on: September 26, 2015, 03:58:06 PM »

Think this will be my final pre race pick. Tony Gallopin. Classy rider, goes well on the long races, likes the rain. Seems to have built some form in the Canadian races. 40/1 seems a bit under rated by the bookies. Concern is he's in a French team that looks split with both Demare & Bouhanni, hopefully he'll be given the go ahead in the final laps to attack.

Tonji

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1694 on: September 26, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »

Fantastic race, really happy for Lizzie, superb performance 

Pages: 1 ... 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 ... 139 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: