blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:44:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Celtic & Chompy's Vegas Extravaganza II
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic & Chompy's Vegas Extravaganza II  (Read 18455 times)
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 02:08:29 AM »

I played like an idiot in yesterday's $1,500 WSOP'er, no complaints, so have decided to take today off, no poker at all. Not that there's a lot of the day left, I didn't wake up until 3pm.
Just hit the Grand Lux Cafe for a bowl of cheesy pasta and was given a table two away from Celtic, who's feeling rough after his fried egg sandwich/three beers (steady on!) last night. Fried egg sandwich? You can take the man out of Scotchland but you can't take the Scotchland out of the man.
He got a result in the Venetian evening tournament, though, picking up $2,000 in the chop.
Me old mucker Dominic Kay was also at the final table and was massive chip leader when the chop was agreed, so picked up $3,500. Well done to both. Don't know whether Dom managed his obligatory table argument with random Yank but I'll assume he did until informed otherwise.
Back to yesterday's Rio experience, I soon dropped from 3000 to 850, but managed to get up to 7000 before playing AK in pathetic style against an Aussie girl, Sarah, who I'd played with in the six-handed. Enough said about that. Will be back there this week for four or five more cracks though.
Cinema now, then will check out this much-touted Indian restaurant at the Rio before taking in Penn & Teller at the same venue.
Hope they've finally changed their show. Saw them three years ago and know they were still doing the same routine last October. Should probably check before I head over there but probably won't.

No obligatory aruments with any yanks for Dom last night. Decided to have one with a Canadian instead!!!!

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 02:52:26 AM »

Moved on to Ceasers Palace on friday, $340 freezeout, 600 odd runners $50k 1st prize. Hmmm that would be nice. So would have been lasting until the dinner break. Unfortunately i managed neither. Called a raise from Mark McCluskey GKUPT circuit regular i believe, nice guy but this was at least his 4th attempt at nicking my blinds so i decided i will see a flop and push. I happened to flop a flush draw, perfect, so pushed and he called me with top pair. Obv no flush came and that was that. So hung around for the nightly $150, played it very loose and managed to make it to level 2. Was doing things like better blind utg (which the dealer told me i wasn't allowed to do!! Really? OK I'll take it back then. She replied no, you cant take it back!! No, what i meant is I'll take it back then bet once all the cards are dealt. No you cant take it back she insisted. OK so i can bet blind then? No sir, you cant. FFS!!!! Don't try and do anything like this in Vegas when you get a dealer that is on her 1st day. Anyway she called the floor and thankfully they realised what i was doing and told her to carry on with the deal as per normal. Moved on from there to play cash at the venetian, Ended up about $150 down so decided that was enough for the day. Two strange situations happened during the day, the first one at ceasers in the deepstack comp. I'm holding  on a flop of  three diamonds two spades three clubs when the preflop raiser moves all in for 30k into a 7k pot. Nice bet sir. I have 10k and think he doest actually have an ace but hes trying to push me off cos he thinks i don't have one. So I'm siting there for no more than 30 seconds when the player is seat 10 calls for a clock!!! What? Is this right? Thoughts please!!!

The second incident was at the venetian where on a board of 10 4 4 3 2 i call a shove all in from drunk American guy. he says good call and throws his cards face up towards the dealer who then mucks thems and gets them ready to put in the shuffle machine. Then someone points out that the guy had thrown in 6 5 for the straight, to which the dealer says yeah that's right,  he had the straight. Why then did the dealer muck them? Anyway the floor was called (again) and the ruling was that if the dealer saw it and a player saw it then the pot should go the winning player!!! I didn't see what the cards where, but don't doubt that he had 6 5. Thoughts please?

Played ceasers again, on saturday, went deep but nowhere near good enough to make any impact so another tourney, another blank.  Not sure these aer the comps to play if u want to make money due to the volume of runners and potential minefields u have to get through but will keep plugging in.

took a leisurely stroll back to the Venetian, met a luton regular on the way and also a drunk celtic fan that wanted to cuddle me ffs!!!! Met chompy at the Venetian who was playing the $180, was set for any early night when he advised me that i could still enter the tourney even tho it was about to enter level 4. Great i thought, after all it was at least an hour and a half since i last played!!!! Anyway, cut a long story short (I'm starting to feel like Tikay ffs) i suggested a chop with 5 left. $3500 for Dominic Kay and $2000 for the rest of us. Job done, everyone's a winner and chompy can afford to eat today Wink

Just a final note, Dominic, who finished 5 or 6th in the wsope ME,  came up to me and introduced himself to me last night ((the power of blonde!!) We had a drink at the bar afterwards and a good laugh. Top bloke IMO. Other than he thinks Alex Martin is a decent player!!! WTF is all that about?Huh???

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2008, 11:01:22 AM »

Great updates guys!....keep them coming. 

M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2008, 02:48:01 PM »

Top bloke IMO. Other than he thinks Alex Martin is a decent player!!! WTF is all that about?Huh???

We all have our flaws! Wink
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »

Moved on to Ceasers Palace on friday, $340 freezeout, 600 odd runners $50k 1st prize. Hmmm that would be nice. So would have been lasting until the dinner break. Unfortunately i managed neither. Called a raise from Mark McCluskey GKUPT circuit regular i believe, nice guy but this was at least his 4th attempt at nicking my blinds so i decided i will see a flop and push. I happened to flop a flush draw, perfect, so pushed and he called me with top pair. Obv no flush came and that was that. So hung around for the nightly $150, played it very loose and managed to make it to level 2. Was doing things like better blind utg (which the dealer told me i wasn't allowed to do!! Really? OK I'll take it back then. She replied no, you cant take it back!! No, what i meant is I'll take it back then bet once all the cards are dealt. No you cant take it back she insisted. OK so i can bet blind then? No sir, you cant. FFS!!!! Don't try and do anything like this in Vegas when you get a dealer that is on her 1st day. Anyway she called the floor and thankfully they realised what i was doing and told her to carry on with the deal as per normal. Moved on from there to play cash at the venetian, Ended up about $150 down so decided that was enough for the day. Two strange situations happened during the day, the first one at ceasers in the deepstack comp. I'm holding  on a flop of  three diamonds two spades three clubs when the preflop raiser moves all in for 30k into a 7k pot. Nice bet sir. I have 10k and think he doest actually have an ace but hes trying to push me off cos he thinks i don't have one. So I'm siting there for no more than 30 seconds when the player is seat 10 calls for a clock!!! What? Is this right? Thoughts please!!!

The second incident was at the venetian where on a board of 10 4 4 3 2 i call a shove all in from drunk American guy. he says good call and throws his cards face up towards the dealer who then mucks thems and gets them ready to put in the shuffle machine. Then someone points out that the guy had thrown in 6 5 for the straight, to which the dealer says yeah that's right,  he had the straight. Why then did the dealer muck them? Anyway the floor was called (again) and the ruling was that if the dealer saw it and a player saw it then the pot should go the winning player!!! I didn't see what the cards where, but don't doubt that he had 6 5. Thoughts please?

Played ceasers again, on saturday, went deep but nowhere near good enough to make any impact so another tourney, another blank.  Not sure these aer the comps to play if u want to make money due to the volume of runners and potential minefields u have to get through but will keep plugging in.

took a leisurely stroll back to the Venetian, met a luton regular on the way and also a drunk celtic fan that wanted to cuddle me ffs!!!! Met chompy at the Venetian who was playing the $180, was set for any early night when he advised me that i could still enter the tourney even tho it was about to enter level 4. Great i thought, after all it was at least an hour and a half since i last played!!!! Anyway, cut a long story short (I'm starting to feel like Tikay ffs) i suggested a chop with 5 left. $3500 for Dominic Kay and $2000 for the rest of us. Job done, everyone's a winner and chompy can afford to eat today Wink

Just a final note, Dominic, who finished 5 or 6th in the wsope ME,  came up to me and introduced himself to me last night ((the power of blonde!!) We had a drink at the bar afterwards and a good laugh. Top bloke IMO. Other than he thinks Alex Martin is a decent player!!! WTF is all that about?Huh???

Great updates guys, celtic, did you not throw ur pint ovet the twat when he said "good call" whilst holding an obviously winning hand. I really dont get that whole episode.

Oh and also.

Top bloke IMO. Other than he thinks Alex Martin is a decent player!!! WTF is all that about?Huh???

We all have our flaws! Wink

Come to Luton again m3, i need some money and could use a % swap Wink
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 04:57:37 PM »

Will be at Luton in 2 weeks time for the £250
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2008, 07:46:06 PM »

Penn & Teller absolutely top class as always. I've played with Penn's missus a few times in the Venetian night tournament, she knocks around with Andy Bloch and one or two others. Me and Dom played a final table with Mr Bloch in said tournament last October, which was pretty surreal in a $180. Yes yes, I'm sure you want to know, he finished seventh, I chopped it...
The curry house at the Rio is piss poor and The Happening was awful. How did M.Night manage to draw such a terrible performance from Mark Wahlberg, who's normally so good? Looks like Mr Shamalam is gone at the game after his last two offerings.
I didn't touch poker all day yesterday as planned but hung around the Venetian room for an hour or so. K.O'Leary had final table chips from a long way out, organised in OCD towers, and I assume he'd have gone very close. Far too good not to with that sort of stack.
Off to the Rio now for the $2,500 six handed. Now sort of wishing I'd skipped Saturday's $1500 and played yesterday's $3000 instead. Less than 1000 players for that one, which is far more managable with a 6,000 starting stack.
Looking forward to it today, as long as I don't have Dylan on my table. Please God...

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Suited_Jock

i-reraise.blogspot.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2008, 09:57:11 PM »

Penn & Teller absolutely top class as always. I've played with Penn's missus a few times in the Venetian night tournament, she knocks around with Andy Bloch and one or two others. Me and Dom played a final table with Mr Bloch in said tournament last October, which was pretty surreal in a $180. Yes yes, I'm sure you want to know, he finished seventh, I chopped it...
The curry house at the Rio is piss poor and The Happening was awful. How did M.Night manage to draw such a terrible performance from Mark Wahlberg, who's normally so good? Looks like Mr Shamalam is gone at the game after his last two offerings.
I didn't touch poker all day yesterday as planned but hung around the Venetian room for an hour or so. K.O'Leary had final table chips from a long way out, organised in OCD towers, and I assume he'd have gone very close. Far too good not to with that sort of stack.
Off to the Rio now for the $2,500 six handed. Now sort of wishing I'd skipped Saturday's $1500 and played yesterday's $3000 instead. Less than 1000 players for that one, which is far more managable with a 6,000 starting stack.
Looking forward to it today, as long as I don't have Dylan on my table. Please God...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=26742.msg542707#msg542707 coulda saved ya the trip Wink
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2008, 07:39:48 PM »

For the fifth time in five WSOP'ers I got myself a start, this time in the six-handed. It was far from the easiest table, with me stuck between Mark Vos, with whom I was very impressed (despite an Aussie at the Venetian last night referring to him as 'a cock who struts around The Crown like he owns the place') and a seriously good internet kid.
About two hours in Mr Vos and internet dude had around 25,000 and I was on 15,000. At the dinner break I'd peaked at around 25,000 and closed with 18,000. At that stage only 205 of the starting 970 remained, with 108 getting paid.
Unfortunately it didn't get any better on my new table. The blinds were up to 500-1000 (100) and beardy bloke (Manny something or other) UTG raised my BB for about the fifth time, up to 3,000. I had 15,000, looked down at QQ, stuck'em in and he called in a nanosecond with KK. Ho hum.
Back there again in half an hour for the $1,500 NLHE. Don't want to tempt fate but I'd be amazed if I didn't have an early blow out before much longer...
Now been here for exactly two weeks and, much as I love this place, I'm feeling a bit like I've hit the Vegas wall. Will see what happens today but thinking I might pull back my flight to Thursday from Sunday, that way I'll be back for the final day of Royal Ascot and a lovely weekend of Betfair IR action.
It's a case of whether I can regroup and get myself up for another three WSOPs, Wednesday through Friday. Might just toss a coin on this one.
Also, just checked out the Monday night Luton result, 1. James McBride, 2. Uncle Dick Lynch. Some things never change.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 12:23:24 AM »

A quick word of sympathy for Miss Celtic...ur hairier half snores as bad as me and his trainers are a bio hazard..and if it wasnt for me getting him up in the morning he would never make any tourneys....and he was worried about sharing with me..

I expect my reward for gallantry to be in the post   

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
MissCeltic

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 08:33:00 PM »

Try having that for 6 years, day in, day out.  Having to wake him up every morning for work is much harder I'm sure than waking him up for poker!!  At least you don't have to get his clothes ready too as I did that for him before he left.

I've heard he still hasn't replaced the laces in his trainers?  Has no-one realised yet that it is because he doesn't know how to tie them?  I normally have to do that as well!!

No reward for you as I'm still waiting for mine.....  Although perhaps my reward was 10 days on my own and you having the pleasure! cupcake

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 09:19:55 PM »

Yeah, and he never takes that Celtic shirt off, despite having a suitcase full of clothes. Wearing the same football shirt day in day out, not for me imo...
Another result for the Scotchman last night, finishing 11th in the Venetian deepstack and again showing fine stamina and stickability. Don't know how he does it and I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up for the 75 quidder at Luton on Friday night if he gets back in time, never seen anyone chomp at the bit for poker for so many days on the spin.
I didn't need to toss a coin in the end to decide whether to stay until Sunday or leave tomorrow, the wall that was hit on Tuesday shows no sign of following its Berlin buddy, so I'm now leaving tomorrow.
Again yesterday I got a start in the Rio $1500'er. The table was very weak and I played pretty much every hand during the first level, turning 3000 into 6000.
Then a quality Asian player turned up, while the first player knocked out was replaced by one Chris Ferguson, which made things a bit tougher.
Things then fell apart. You can only really take two or three early hits in these things before you're gone and I then took three in the space of about ten minutes.
First I raised on the button with KQ, short stack in the BB called and proceeded to push on a  board with  . The  came on the river.
Then I raised with  , called by a guy who'd only played one or two hands, flop came  , so I just gave up on it. He had AJ.
It was then down to Jesus to knock me out. All I'll say is I got a touch unlucky with  on a  flop. He had  . The next two cards were  . Enough said.
That seemed like a good point to end this year's WSOP experience, one that I've really enjoyed and can have no complaints about. I played six, lasted at least four hours in five of them and cashed twice, once getting unlucky not to get to the final table.
All in all it was a most pleasing trip and I'll definitely be back next year, although for no more than a two-week stint. My hat goes off to anyone that can play the entire series, it takes some doing.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 09:44:12 PM »

thank you for your updates,a very enjoyable read

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: June 18, 2008, 11:17:57 PM »

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
steeveg

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2008, 12:06:58 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: