blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:39:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  SB flops two pair
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SB flops two pair  (Read 3817 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »

Check shove, he'll bet an ace

Really like CR turn given he will probably bet his entire range, our hand is incredibly vulnerable but likely best and that the turn has just given a lot of flushdraws a gutterball/pair which he will want to flex.

So glad the coaching is working Alex.

I don't get this. I like bet the flop strong/check the turn line vs the right villain in the right situation...but that's not here. Right villain? op says villain would only ever raise premium pre...so seemingly a conservative player. What makes us think checking is the right play vs a conservative player? Right situation? Hero bets 400 out of his 2.4k into 3 players on the flop and checks the turn with 1.2k out there and 2k in his stack. What would a bet from villain achieve now? Is villain ever going to get hero to fold a better hand than the Ace we put him on? Never. Is hero checking now to call with a worse hand? Never. So why would a conservative player fire at this pot? Because he's scared of getting outdrawn? He would have to think hero bets into 3 players on a draw and when he loses 2 oppos he suddenly checks his draw when over half his stack's out there. Do people do that? Villain knows betting the turn is playing for 2k or nothing...and he's beat when he plays for 2k and ahead when he plays for nothing. Checking is a very unconvincing strategy imo. But if you guys can list all the reaons why you would bet your A in villain's spot I might come round.

The truth is you're betting out and your customer is calling and there's abs no need to divert from that line with some vague he always bets theory. If you deffo put your oppo on an Ace you can just push and expect a call imo. No point in putting half your stack in on the turn and facing this ridic situation of fretting a river. Finding yourself c-folding the river and leaving yourself down to the felt in this spot is plainly ridic.

tl; dr

cliffs notes pls

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 11:40:13 PM »

Really like CR turn given he will probably bet his entire range, our hand is incredibly vulnerable but likely best and that the turn has just given a lot of flushdraws a gutterball/pair which he will want to flex.

I don't get this. I like bet the flop strong/check the turn line vs the right villain in the right situation...but that's not here. Right villain? op says villain would only ever raise premium pre...so seemingly a conservative player. What makes us think checking is the right play vs a conservative player? Right situation? Hero bets 400 out of his 2.4k into 3 players on the flop and checks the turn with 1.2k out there and 2k in his stack. What would a bet from villain achieve now? Is villain ever going to get hero to fold a better hand than the Ace we put him on? Never. Is hero checking now to call with a worse hand? Never. So why would a conservative player fire at this pot? Because he's scared of getting outdrawn? He would have to think hero bets into 3 players on a draw and when he loses 2 oppos he suddenly checks his draw when over half his stack's out there. Do people do that? Villain knows betting the turn is playing for 2k or nothing...and he's beat when he plays for 2k and ahead when he plays for nothing. Checking is a very unconvincing strategy imo. But if you guys can list all the reaons why you would bet your A in villain's spot I might come round.

The truth is you're betting out and your customer is calling and there's abs no need to divert from that line with some vague he always bets theory. If you deffo put your oppo on an Ace you can just push and expect a call imo. No point in putting half your stack in on the turn and facing this ridic situation of fretting a river. Finding yourself c-folding the river and leaving yourself down to the felt in this spot is plainly ridic.

tl; dr

cliffs notes pls

I had good strat you had bad strat

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 04:08:11 AM »

maybe u guys are right but i hate how important this pot is to our stack size and thus not getting all the money in here is horrid.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 06:29:34 AM »

Seems my line was fine and was taking us to the desired outcome of but as has been observed, the A was the worst possible card to see because I knew then that I was behind.

1275 chips left, blinds up to 100/200 when we come back after the break,

I smiled as it fell and pushed the last of my chips into the middle

If the break hadn't started at that point I believe he'd have folded but he talked himself into making the "I think I'm behind but I've put too much in to the pot to fold" speech and then the apparently reluctant call with Ace Ten

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 09:28:40 AM »

Seems my line was fine and was taking us to the desired outcome of but as has been observed, the A was the worst possible card to see because I knew then that I was behind.

If the break hadn't started at that point I believe he'd have folded but he talked himself into making the "I think I'm behind but I've put too much in to the pot to fold" speech and then the apparently reluctant call with Ace Ten

Is your line fine david? Pushing your last few chips in when you know you're beat is piss poor. The only thing worse is your oppo's hideous nit roll. That stuff about if the break hadn't started he folds is stupid buddy.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2009, 10:50:51 AM »

Is your line fine david? Pushing your last few chips in when you know you're beat is piss poor. The only thing worse is your oppo's hideous nit roll. That stuff about if the break hadn't started he folds is stupid buddy.

tbh - - I posted the hand to get feedback on the line up to the point where the 2nd A appeared. and that seems to be ok.

Shoving the river may look be poor, but then I've been in a lot more pots with this guy than you have...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 12:02:55 PM by david3103 » Logged

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2009, 11:53:52 AM »

tbh - - I posted the hand to get feedback on the line up to the point where the 2nd A appeared. and that seems to be ok.

Shoving the river may look[/s ] be poor, but then I've been in a lot more pots with this guy than you have...

You could've been in 1000 pots with this guy and this is still bad dude.

Unless he happened to be on a club draw he's calling and you know you're behind. You can't rep the A because he wasn't bothered about that before so why would he be now?

He calls the flop and the turn so you know he's calling the river right?

1275 might be low when you back but at least you get to come back on the button with a full round to find a spot to get your chips in.

I know you say you wanted analysis on the other part of the hand but this is just as important. Whatever happened in the hand previously this is the bit where you lost all your chips. You hadn't played it bad up until the river (although I bet more on the turn) then you just blow it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »

Shoving the river may look[/s ] be poor, but then I've been in a lot more pots with this guy than you have...

You could've been in 1000 pots with this guy and this is still bad dude.

yeah ok

you're spot on and I know it, and even if it had got through (which it so nearly did) it's still spewy.

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 12:18:41 PM »

tl; dr

cliffs notes pls

Durr challenge at even money me vs u. PLO or NL?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MANTIS01

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 12:41:30 PM »

tl; dr

cliffs notes pls

Durr challenge at even money me vs u. PLO or NL?

Durr challenge?

daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 02:39:37 PM »

Durr challenge?

I think this is the equivalent of arranging to meet up in the park after the school bell rings.
daviebhoy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 02:53:29 PM »

maybe u guys are right but i hate how important this pot is to our stack size and thus not getting all the money in here is horrid.

I have been trying to understand the c/r turn line. Obv c/r turn doesn't stop the A falling river but it does kill the hand a bunch of times.

Are we happy to take this down on the turn when just betting every street makes it much more likely we get all the money in ? I don't really understand why we risk giving a free river card or risk not putting all our chips in here considering hand strength and stack size.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: