blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 06:57:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272675 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 ... 341 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blonde will make thin ....Here we go again !  (Read 494626 times)
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #3675 on: February 27, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »

Having a thought about my target weight and I think Id like to get down to about 16st by October.

Think that's about 70lbs (5st 1lb) so works out around 10lbs a month which thinking about it is not too bad.

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: February 28, 2013, 10:25:14 AM »

STARTING POST

Ok here we go...

I am 29 years old, 6ft 4 and a big old unit at present.

Up until the age of about 25 i was stick thin strong and fit this was due to 4 games of football a week at least.

Ever since my hamstrings gave up on me the weight has piled on slowly at first and then big the last few years. About 2 years ago i was certainly bigger than i am now, i am not sure of the exact weight but going by jeans e.t.c i must have been pushing the 19 stone mark.

This year i have been pretty good so far until the last week or so were i have binged out a couple of times.

My vices are certainly bread and eating late at night or just at the wrong times. Generally speaking the last few months i think my diet has been ok if not brilliant but better than before.

I am trying to do gentle exercise 4 days a week minimum even if that is a brisk walk for 30 minutes or on occasion a very gentle jog.

Anyway weight as of 28/02/2013 7.30am 16 stone 11lbs

Body Fat 25% (for age should be 8-19%) i actually thought this would be higher

Body Water 47% (for age should be 60%) no idea what this really means i drink lots of water one thing i am sure i am pretty good at, looking at this reading i have more work to go.

According to the Bmi Index i am well in the overweight category and close to the obese section which i was in this time two years ago.

Goals :

I am 30 on the 4th of July and would like to be a maximum of 15 stone.

This requires a loss of 25lbs from current weight in 4 months and 4 days. This seems quite a tough goal but 6lbs a month loss gets me there.

I would also like to be able to finally get into the 36 inch waist jeans and trousers i bought a few years ago at my heaviest when i was having to slide on the 42 inch stuff. Currently wearing 38 inch stuff with no problem.

I will be updating the thread weekly early on a thursday morning following my weigh in.

Good luck to all and please put my goals in the opening post if thats ok
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:28:47 PM by horseplayer » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3677 on: February 28, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »

Yesterday's food.

Breakfast.
Eggs on toast.

Lunch.
Chicken stew. Yum.

Dinner.
Pasta with green pesto and salad.

Sundries.
2 x Highlights hot chocolate.
Cup a soup.
Boiled sweet.
1 x latte.

Total calories. 1300.

Starting weight. 14st 7 1/2lb
Target weight 13st.
Today's weight 13st 9lb.

Determined to reach a new low by Sunday.

I'm frowning and going "Grrrrrr."

The older I get, the better I was.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3678 on: February 28, 2013, 06:03:07 PM »

STARTING POST

Ok here we go...

Up until the age of about 25 i was stick thin strong and fit this was due to 4 games of football a week at least.

Ever since my hamstrings gave up on me the weight has piled on slowly at first and then big the last few years. About 2 years ago i was certainly bigger than i am now, i am not sure of the exact weight but going by jeans e.t.c i must have been pushing the 19 stone mark.

This year i have been pretty good so far until the last week or so were i have binged out a couple of times.

My vices are certainly bread and eating late at night or just at the wrong times. Generally speaking the last few months i think my diet has been ok if not brilliant but better than before.

I am trying to do gentle exercise 4 days a week minimum even if that is a brisk walk for 30 minutes or on occasion a very gentle jog.

Body Water 47% (for age should be 60%) no idea what this really means i drink lots of water one thing i am sure i am pretty good at, looking at this reading i have more work to go.

According to the Bmi Index i am well in the overweight category and close to the obese section which i was in this time two years ago.

Goals :

This requires a loss of 25lbs from current weight in 4 months and 4 days. This seems quite a tough goal but 6lbs a month loss gets me there.

I would also like to be able to finally get into the 36 inch waist jeans and trousers i bought a few years ago at my heaviest when i was having to slide on the 42 inch stuff. Currently wearing 38 inch stuff with no problem.

I will be updating the thread weekly early on a thursday morning following my weigh in.

At 6'4", a little under 17st is hardly morbidly obese. Just sounds like you've been eating as you were when you were exercising lots and have put on some excess weight from that. 

Good luck with it, no doubt you'll succeed.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: February 28, 2013, 06:22:56 PM »

STARTING POST

Ok here we go...

Goals :

At 6'4", a little under 17st is hardly morbidly obese. Just sounds like you've been eating as you were when you were exercising lots and have put on some excess weight from that. 

Good luck with it, no doubt you'll succeed.

Thanks you are spot on

According to this chart it is overweight but heading towards the danger zone

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/healthy-living/Pages/height-weight-chart.aspx
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: February 28, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »

I think the body fat percentage is the important stat - the further you get that below 20% the less you need to think about BMI

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: February 28, 2013, 07:05:52 PM »

That height/weight chart suggests 10 stone is heaklthy weight for someone six ft tall.

I would have thought he'd be at least 2 stone underweight at 10 st.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: February 28, 2013, 07:08:54 PM »

i am not to worried about the chart tbh

if i reach my goal i will be happy with my weight then i never was particularly happy being the lanky kid/young adult anyway

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: February 28, 2013, 07:20:39 PM »

When I passed my medical for the Navy in 98 I was 15 stone, unfortunately I had to wait until I joined Raleigh. When I finally went down 7 months later I had put on 2 stone and joined weighing in at 17st 5, but by the time I passed out of basic training I had lost 3 1/2 stone, so was just under 14 stone and in pretty good shape.

I had a medical when I joined the next base and a Dr there suggested I lost another 2 1/2 stone to get me to my ideal weight of 11st 8... I think that I would have looked in prime nick for a spot on a famine advert if I had done that Cheesy

outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: February 28, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »

Ive had a good idea.

Why doesn't everyone post their "favourite healthy meal" itt (for each of the 3 main meal times)! I know when I have dieted before, stuck to a regime or whatever, that I sometimes struggle with variety. Ive actually heard Tikay just eats beetroot, and that's why he dyes his hair, because it otherwise could be purple!

So if people throw out their favs - you could maybe add 1 or 2 to your own repertoire. It can be your fav' as its your "treat", your lowest fat, tastiest - whatever - just get some meals ups.

Ill start

Mine - I believe Matt Russell refers to as a "pitta pocket" and i have both a lunch and dinner variety.

Lunch - Toasted Pitta bread, cut across the middle to forms two.............. yep you guessed it............. "pockets". I then add humus and finally some plain chicken! Oh my tasty tasty! mmmmmmmmmmmm

Dinner - the same but with chargrilled chicken (sometimes tandoori), and with chilli sauce!

I look forward to adding to my range folks!

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: February 28, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

Breakfast
Dorset cereals muesli - purple box, mixed berry one.
smoothie, 250 ml juice+banana+handful of frozen raspberries... Blend.

Lunch
Soup ftw. Used to dislike soup from tins, but the fresh soups are decent. Tesco finest are the best range and are on offer. Sri Lankan chicken curry one is my fav.

dinner
sirloin steak plus steamed veg.. simples

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3686 on: February 28, 2013, 09:52:03 PM »

That height/weight chart suggests 10 stone is heaklthy weight for someone six ft tall.

I would have thought he'd be at least 2 stone underweight at 10 st.

I'm just under 6', and am a skinny bugger who could do with bulking up a bit. I weigh 12st 7lb.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: March 01, 2013, 10:30:39 AM »

STARTING POST

Ok here we go...

Goals :

You don't need "good luck" to do this horsey, you have tremendous discipline, & you are 1/10 to do it. You are one of those guys that does things properly, or not at all, & I can't imagine you will fail at this, you have overcome far greater challenges than losing a bit of weight.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: March 01, 2013, 10:34:07 AM »

WEEK ONE loss =  7.5lbs.

Week TWO Loss = 3lbs.

Week THREE Loss = 2.5lbs;

TOTAL loss so far, after 27 days, = 15lbs.

February 23rd - 13st 1lb (0.5lb loss)

February 24th - 13 stone 0lbs (1lb loss)

February 25th - 13 stone 0lbs

February 26th - 13 stone 0lbs

February 27th - 13st 1.5lbs (1lb gain)

February 28th - 12st 13.5lbs (2lb loss)

Yesterday's Intake;

1 x Latte

4 x Ryvita with Phili-Lite & sliced fresh toms.

1 x roast chicken breast, two poached eggs, tinned tom, OXO Cube, & radiated mushroom concoction.

1 x LF Yogy

Pack of fresh pineapple.

Week Three Target - 3lbs loss - missed by 0.5lbs

Week 4 target - 2lbs Loss

Month One Target - 1 stone loss. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: March 01, 2013, 10:37:16 AM »

WEEK ONE loss =  7.5lbs.

Week TWO Loss = 3lbs.

Week THREE Loss = 2.5lbs

Week FOUR loss = 2lbs

TOTAL loss so far, after 28 days, = 15lbs.

February 23rd - 13st 1lb (0.5lb loss)

February 24th - 13 stone 0lbs (1lb loss)

February 25th - 13 stone 0lbs

February 26th - 13 stone 0lbs

February 27th - 13st 1.5lbs (1lb gain)

February 28th - 12st 13.5lbs (2lb loss)

March 1st - 12st 13.5lbs

Yesterday's Intake;

4 x Latte

1 x roast chicken breast, two poached eggs, tinned tom, OXO Cube, & radiated mushroom concoction.

1 x LF Yogy

Fresh fruit salad, pineabble, grapes & blueberries. 

Week 4 target - 2lbs Loss, achieved

Month One Target - 1 stone loss - achieved with 2lb to spare.

Week 5 Target - 2lb loss.

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 244 245 [246] 247 248 249 250 ... 341 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: