blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:55:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9075 9076 9077 9078 [9079] 9080 9081 9082 9083 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13479483 times)
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #136170 on: June 13, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »

Bet 36.5 have settled out of court with the student who won nearly £1m but was refused a payout for being a front for someone else.

I kind of wonder if the company refusing to pay back the stake was a big mistake, difficult to walk away leaving £25k...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/jun/12/megan-mccann-case-bet-365-discontinued

Punter’s case against Bet365 for £1m unpaid winnings discontinued

• Megan McCann placed a £25,000 stake on 12 horses in 2016
• Bet365 claimed student’s bet breached its terms and conditions

There is speculation Bet365 have agreed to a settlement with Megan McCann. Photograph: M4OS Photos/Alamy Stock Photo/Alamy Stock Photo

The long-running legal case in which Megan McCann, a student from Northern Ireland, was suing the bookmaker Bet365 for £1m in unpaid winnings has been discontinued shortly before it was due to return to court in Belfast, prompting speculation Bet365 has agreed to a settlement over the disputed bets almost three years after they were placed in June 2016.

A Bet365 account in the name of McCann, who was a 19-year-old student at the time, placed a stake of almost £25,000 on 12 horses running in races at Bath, Kempton Park and Naas on 22 June 2016. Bet365 accepted the bets – a combined total of 960 £13 each-way Lucky 15s – which were mostly successful and returned a total payout of £984,833.

However, Bet365 refused to pay the winnings, claiming the original stake for the bets had been provided by a third party in contravention of the firm’s terms and conditions. It also refused to refund the £25,000 stake.

McCann launched a legal action against Bet365 two years ago and the latest in a series of court dates working towards a full hearing of the case was scheduled for Friday morning.

However, the listing was removed earlier this week and an administrator at Belfast’s high court confirmed on Wednesday that McCann’s legal team had lodged an official “notice of discontinuance” in the case.

While punters who have followed the case will be pleased if it transpires that some or all of the £1m winnings have been paid, the news it will not reach a full hearing could also leave a lingering sense of frustration that significant questions about the robustness of a major bookmaker’s T&Cs will not be tested in court.

McCann’s statement of claim alleged Bet365 and other leading online bookmakers habitually engage in “unconscionable practices” when dealing with their customers, and that they actively discriminate against shrewd punters who are able to make their betting pay. Many successful punters find it almost impossible to get their bets accepted and their accounts are either closed or, more usually, restricted to stakes of £1 or less. As a result, some are known to resort to using “clean” accounts opened by family members, friends and acquaintances to place stakes on their behalf.

Bet365 did not respond to a request for comment on Wednesday.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #136171 on: June 14, 2019, 04:11:12 PM »

Wimbledon banzai time! Alison Riske is now 8-0 on grass this season and looked good again today. She was 12-3 last year. She is quoted as saying she really loves playing on the surface and seems to thrive on it. Another wide open field of course for Wimbledon. A few quid each way at 250/1 with Hills seems  worth a shot. Or 300/1 with 888/Unibet if they will let you bet more than 20p

https://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/wimbledon/womens/womens-wimbledon/winner

Also playing close attention to Rybarikova again this year, but she retired injured from her match this week, so holding fire on that one.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136172 on: June 14, 2019, 04:15:49 PM »

we enjoy these. Rybar was good fun last year and of course at the tail end of Serena the womens game is wide open

Alison Riske Winner @ 250/1
Womens Wimbledon
Fri Jun 14 2019 16:15:05
Receipt ID:
O/0457483/0002428/F
Bet Type:
Single Bet
Total Stake
Estimated Returns
2 places at 1/2

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136173 on: June 15, 2019, 04:13:04 PM »

She won her semi today too so make it 9-0

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #136174 on: June 15, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »

She won her semi today too so make it 9-0
And a good test in the final vs Bertens - a top ten player who doesn't favour playing on grass (although she did beat Pliskova and Venus at Wimbledon last year I recall) - these are the kinds of players Riske will face at Wimbledon, higher ranked players, better players on paper, but players who don't like grass so much.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #136175 on: June 15, 2019, 08:15:24 PM »

Anyone else not able to get RPGTV on sky ch#431 this evening?

It always worked for me before Sad

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #136176 on: June 17, 2019, 10:33:25 AM »

For anyone with BFSB. I think there is a good bet here. Anyone agree with me?

Tennis

Top ranked British player on 31/12/19

Edmund 1/6
Norrie 3/1
Evans 3/1
Clarke 25
Ward 25
Broady 40
Draper 40
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136177 on: June 17, 2019, 10:45:46 AM »

Tennis

Edmund 1/6
Norrie 3/1
Evans 3/1
Clarke 25
Ward 25
Broady 40
Draper 40

I assume you haven't said what it is for a reason, and not because of a mistake.   I assume you mean player A is injured and player C is on fire?  You not wary that player A gets seeded and player C doesn't for a while.  So player C could get a worse first round of Wimbledon with a lot of ranking points at stake.  We assume player C is on his best behavior too?

Quite some achievement to produce a value bet with that overound.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #136178 on: June 17, 2019, 12:01:50 PM »

wow actually I just worked out the overround and it is worse than I thought.

I just wanted to see if people agree with me that there is a good bet there but I guess the overround kills it.

So like writing a poker hand for strategy advice and not putting results to bias peoples opinions.

It was more about the cut off date and who has points to defend and who doesn't. Player C has no Grand Slam points to defend and very few points to defend in total from 2018.

Tennis

Edmund 1/6
Norrie 3/1
Evans 3/1
Clarke 25
Ward 25
Broady 40
Draper 40

I assume you haven't said what it is for a reason, and not because of a mistake.   I assume you mean player A is injured and player C is on fire?  You not wary that player A gets seeded and player C doesn't for a while.  So player C could get a worse first round of Wimbledon with a lot of ranking points at stake.  We assume player C is on his best behavior too?

Quite some achievement to produce a value bet with that overound.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136179 on: June 17, 2019, 12:34:06 PM »

Disgraceful overround. Take one of the 3-1 shots out and it would still only be borderline acceptable.

Still, it's a submarket during a period of bookies being able to do what the hell they like, so it's pretty standard.

Every chance they get this sort of market entirely wrong. though, despite the numbers.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136180 on: June 18, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »

Cash out question.

Had the first two up in a yankee, Lord G and Blue Point.

With the rain falling and a sizeable cash out for the stake(5 times what I had actually won at that point), I lost faith in both Too darn and Elaqarm, so I partially cashed out.

I left 8/11s of the bet running.

Neither of the last two won, but 365 gave me nothing more.

1, I am certain I have always been paid out more despite no other winners previously(ie, the double, at reduced stake).

2, 365 say as I had no more winners thats it, but aren't seeing that partial means exactly that and the majority of my stake was still live.

Am I going batty here, or are they trying it on?

As I said, I am 99.9% sure in the past I have always been paid again on the reduced stake.

Thanks for help/advice.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136181 on: June 18, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »

Cash out question.

With the rain falling and a sizeable cash out for the stake(5 times what I had actually won at that point), I lost faith in both Too darn and Elaqarm, so I partially cashed out.

1, I am certain I have always been paid out more despite no other winners previously(ie, the double, at reduced stake).

2, 365 say as I had no more winners thats it, but aren't seeing that partial means exactly that and the majority of my stake was still live.

As I said, I am 99.9% sure in the past I have always been paid again on the reduced stake.

Thanks for help/advice.

It looks like you have 8/11 of your stake on a double to me. 

I'd like to see what you agreed to before I am definitive, as I am just saying what would make most sense to me and have never read the terms and conditions. 

Do they not send an email/message saying what has happened when you cash out?  I assume that tells you what is outstanding.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136182 on: June 18, 2019, 09:52:39 PM »

Cash out question.

Thanks for help/advice.

I'd like to see what you agreed to before I am definitive, as I am just saying what would make most sense to me and have never read the terms and conditions. 

Do they not send an email/message saying what has happened when you cash out?  I assume that tells you what is outstanding.

Yes,when u partial, it tells u how much of your stake I'd still riding so it makes sense that it is that amount riding on the original bet.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136183 on: June 18, 2019, 10:11:45 PM »

Cash out question.

Thanks for help/advice.

Yes,when u partial, it tells u how much of your stake I'd still riding so it makes sense that it is that amount riding on the original bet.

from 365 website. 

Simply enable the Cash Out slider by clicking on the icon to the right of the Cash Out button and selecting Partial Cash Out. You can then Cash Out part of your bet and leave the remaining stake to run.

The option to partially Cash Out a bet is available for selected single bets, straight accumulator bets and other multiple bet options.

It seems clear to me that you have a partial bet outstanding.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136184 on: June 18, 2019, 10:13:00 PM »

My thoughts. Thanks for your help.

Pages: 1 ... 9075 9076 9077 9078 [9079] 9080 9081 9082 9083 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: