blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:51:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72734 times)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 23, 2013, 01:34:29 PM »

sigh, bellenderers?

oh. I hope you just don't get it, but fear I'm wrong Sad

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 23, 2013, 01:42:28 PM »

could be David Attenborough?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 23, 2013, 01:45:47 PM »

I like "the gillypedes"

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 23, 2013, 01:48:40 PM »

I like "the gillypedes"

whale

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 23, 2013, 01:50:10 PM »

Confirmed Frankie is a legend. That is all.

Only person in the world to always great me as "bubble" I actually quite like the nickname! Always makes an effort to chat and is such a nice guy!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2013, 01:53:30 PM »

Confirmed Frankie is a legend. That is all.

Only person in the world to always great me as "bubble"
I actually quite like the nickname! Always makes an effort to chat and is such a nice guy!

coincidence that its your blonde name? or is he having a dig at your physical appearance? Wink

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2013, 01:59:55 PM »

Frankiiiiiiiieeeeeee

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

It's official, Vern is now a gillypede

Luke Barradell

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2013, 03:15:30 PM »

Sunday Funday!

Even though I was going to give myself a day off yesterday, I was feeling really up for a session so got on board.

Think I cashed 7/16 tournaments which is pretty ridiculous in itself. However in pretty much all of them an bad in the key spots you need to win. A prime example being in the $13.50 KO, with 27 left I had A7<K10 pre, A10<A9 pre then got 7 bigs in with AK, guy misclicks with 82os and finds it.

However made the final table of the reg infested $16.50 360 cap MTT, which is a confidence booster in itself. Verndog on the rail which is getting super standard (think he's some sort of fanboy). We decided if I made 3rd having had 10 bigs at the time with 8 left then I would be able to confirm he delivers run good. Obviously he bubbles, despite some incredible laddering tekkers where I was 8/8, 7/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4 at different stages before losing KJ<A8 to find 14 bigs. The CV rungood is still unconfirmed.

$375 profit on the day which is decent, nice to have some winning Sundays.

Whats your setup like? Do you use a laptop or desktop?
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »

Sunday Funday!

Even though I was going to give myself a day off yesterday, I was feeling really up for a session so got on board.

Think I cashed 7/16 tournaments which is pretty ridiculous in itself. However in pretty much all of them an bad in the key spots you need to win. A prime example being in the $13.50 KO, with 27 left I had A7<K10 pre, A10<A9 pre then got 7 bigs in with AK, guy misclicks with 82os and finds it.

However made the final table of the reg infested $16.50 360 cap MTT, which is a confidence booster in itself. Verndog on the rail which is getting super standard (think he's some sort of fanboy). We decided if I made 3rd having had 10 bigs at the time with 8 left then I would be able to confirm he delivers run good. Obviously he bubbles, despite some incredible laddering tekkers where I was 8/8, 7/7, 6/6, 5/5, 4/4 at different stages before losing KJ<A8 to find 14 bigs. The CV rungood is still unconfirmed.

$375 profit on the day which is decent, nice to have some winning Sundays.

Whats your setup like? Do you use a laptop or desktop?

Just use a laptop, 8 tabling is the most I ever do and it's definitely copable. Think if I start grinding 10+ on a regular basis I will just plug in a second monitor/hook it up to my television

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2013, 04:40:51 PM »

unconfimed, i am not a gillypede. think id rather be a Tyrannosaurus Rexas

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2013, 07:07:02 PM »

Not posted/played for a while because I've been grinding the back end off my Xbox One (let me know if you have one, will get you added as I have very few friends on there).

Played yesterday and the  before, turned a small loss for both sessions. Managed to lose 3 20/80s for pots of 100k+, pretty frustrating as it could have ended up as a larrrrge profit.

Really quite interested (in a non-sadistic way) in seeing how my mentality changes when I start to run terrible over a long period of time (two months+) as it is obviously inevitable in the world of MTT's where I play 15 a day max.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 02, 2014, 05:09:20 PM »

Back on it tonight. Had farrrrr too many days off and reading all the blogs has really got me hyped for it.

Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #178 on: January 02, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »

Not posted/played for a while because I've been grinding the back end off my Xbox One (let me know if you have one, will get you added as I have very few friends on there).

Played yesterday and the  before, turned a small loss for both sessions. Managed to lose 3 20/80s for pots of 100k+, pretty frustrating as it could have ended up as a larrrrge profit.

Really quite interested (in a non-sadistic way) in seeing how my mentality changes when I start to run terrible over a long period of time (two months+) as it is obviously inevitable in the world of MTT's where I play 15 a day max.

Too many people around you to end up going on life tilt, you'd be fine

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 03, 2014, 03:29:00 PM »

2013 Review

Thought I would create some cliffs on my past year, which has mostly been pretty amazing, although some lessons learnt for next year.

Don't be so Naive

This year a number of people I know, what I thought relatively, have gone to prison for various different reasons. People that I always thought would have been trustworthy and 100% dependable (including a guy who has been sent to prison for fraud, grimming a number of people for a total of £70k+).

I feel when it comes to questionable situations I am always a little too quick to defend the person, big fan of the whole innocent until proven guilty. I always feel there must be a reason behind everything everyone does, so I'm always trying to find decent reasons as to why so. I'm pretty naive and pretty much always believe what people tell me (ask Bingham, he levels me at least twice every single time we meet). I think towards the end of this year I've started trying to take both sides of all stories, as supposed to instantly taking sides.

I ran the absolute best

It's no secret that I'm on an absolute heater, and certainly don't believe I warrant every single final table I've made. At the start of the year I set a target of 5 hendon flags (major events, not Super 50's and such) and managed to find 7, which I'm pretty hyped about. To think where my game was as recent as March, it is no where near where it is right now after plenty of work online studying the game, understanding the mathematics of it a lot more and such (although do believe I had an edge in these events, obviously not to the extent I expect to make FT's a lot of times).

I need to continue to study a lot, stay ahead of the game, but at the same time I need to continue to realise that Live play is SO different to online play.

Be more organised - if possible

I would like to state a loaaad of goals for 2014 both live and online, but honestly have no idea what is and what isn't realistic. I have no idea how much I will be able to play this year based on whether or not work opportunities open up for me, and whether they are full or part time roles. Think I may start setting goals on a monthly basis, as supposed to yearly. Would definitely like to continue play a fair bit, but unsure about playing live quite as much due to a lot of added costs, although prizepools are obviously bigger and tournaments tend to be softer.

Social life is deece!

In regards to my social/love life, the year couldn't have really run smoother. I'm currently living under my parents roof with my girlfriend whilst we both look for work that involves a stable source of income, so we can eventually move out. Don't think I can ever completely depend on poker unless I have enough money to cover living costs for a year, as I understand how brutal downswings can be. I'm a bit of a life nit, but think it is safer that way.

Also its ridic how understanding the girlfriend about my online play, and that it is a job as supposed to a hobby. She has to deal with me playing poker 5pm-3am pretty much every single day, listen to me mutter away complaining about "how the guy should never be flipping in that spot", "course he has A10 on the button when he's opened 100% from LP", "of course he jams the river and misses out on all his value, does he want to play any more face up?" etc. etc. etc. She also knows never to give me sympathy, or to laugh at my situations. It's just work, and anyone who plays a great deal of volume knows how ridiculously annoying it is to hear "aw babe, that's so unlucky, I'm sorry". She mostly ignores me during this time, which I'm happy about.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: