blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 07:05:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The Road To Recovery
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Road To Recovery  (Read 41993 times)
reenot
TEAM UNKNOWNS

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2010, 07:02:23 PM »

All the best Kev !
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2010, 07:16:26 PM »

all the best mate.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2010, 08:27:21 PM »

Top Man, huge balls. All the best Kev.

Ah! The element of surprise
LLevan

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2010, 09:35:45 PM »

Like so many on here I had no idea of the position you found yourself in. Very pleased to read you are firmly on the road to recovery and heres to hoping you continue on this road. All the best for the future m8 and looking forward to perusing the norkage pics  Wink
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 03, 2010, 11:39:54 PM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words and the many PM's,texts and phone calls ... Went for breaky today with my eldest had a great time and was nice to spend a couple of hours together.

While in town I bumped into the relocation worker who works for the night shelter and she informed me that the big boss of the charity which runs it will be writing to me shortly to ask me about going onto the council as a representative voice for people who have been through the system, I very much look forward to finding out more about that, looks like I might be giving a bit back sooner than I thought.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
sofa----king
sofa----king

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 12:24:34 AM »

Thanks everyone for your kind words and the many PM's,texts and phone calls ... Went for breaky today with my eldest had a great time and was nice to spend a couple of hours together.

While in town I bumped into the relocation worker who works for the night shelter and she informed me that the big boss of the charity which runs it will be writing to me shortly to ask me about going onto the council as a representative voice for people who have been through the system, I very much look forward to finding out more about that, looks like I might be giving a bit back sooner than I thought.
i can only say one word that springs to mind
VERY BRAVE.,.,.,.,,ahhh fuk it.,.,.its 2.,.,.,

one two buckle my shoe,three four,i wish i had velcro
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 12:31:51 AM »

Hi Kev, really sorry to hear what you've been through and wishing you all the best for the future.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 01:12:25 AM »

Hi Kev,

I am sorry to read of the troubles you have been through in the last months but please keep writing about your thoughts and feelings. I'm sure many of us have had times when it all felt so bad but It doesn't matter how far you fall Kev it's about how high you bounce back and you seem to be bouncing back well.

Good luck mate.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Murph1984

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 01:20:52 PM »

Just read from start to finish,remarkable story.

My mum works in a place similar to the homeless shelter you stayed in and I often get told recounts and stories of some of the people she comes across when I visit her.Obviously having been there you know yourself there are some total deadbeats there but people like yourself are the reason she loves doing her job.

This is a quote from one of your blog posts...

somedays I wish I could turn back time and start my life over again

The first part you cannot do but the second part you have already begun.

Keep the chin up and stay positive,and congratulations on getting both your poems published.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 02:59:44 PM by Murph1984 » Logged
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 09:14:09 PM »

Cheers again, I hope you will continue to follow the blog, I intend to update at least every couple of days and have posted a new entry today.

I may not be around on the forum very much over the coming weeks, but will always find time to update the blog.

Thanks again for all the kind words.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »

Cheers again, I hope you will continue to follow the blog, I intend to update at least every couple of days and have posted a new entry today.

I may not be around on the forum very much over the coming weeks, but will always find time to update the blog.

Kev

All the best mate.  I had no idea about any of this when we chatted in Luton last week.

I must say you looked extremely well, and you were very upbeat in the circumstances.

Stay positive.

Alan.
Matt50

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2010, 02:25:20 PM »

Kev all the best mate
brummieboy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2010, 03:39:59 PM »

Sent you a pm, all the best mate.
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 05, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

Kev

All the best mate.  I had no idea about any of this when we chatted in Luton last week.

I must say you looked extremely well, and you were very upbeat in the circumstances.

Stay positive.

Alan.

Cheers Alan, My mask is a pretty convincing one ... I have been wearing it for a long time, it even fooled me for a while. Inside I was a wreck, it was the following day that I was going to pick up my stuff. Turny dragged me to the G on Wednesday, but it was nice to see a few friendly faces.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: July 05, 2010, 05:34:20 PM »

Kev

Stay positive.

Alan.

Cheers Alan, My mask is a pretty convincing one ... I have been wearing it for a long time, it even fooled me for a while. Inside I was a wreck, it was the following day that I was going to pick up my stuff. Turny dragged me to the G on Wednesday, but it was nice to see a few friendly faces.

Very convincing!

My wife left me in 1997 for one of my (at the time) best friends and a few months later I lost my job, so I can empathise with some of what you're going though. I've always had the philosophy that you can't change the past, only the future, and that things happen for  a reason. The glass is half full and all that.

Some years on with a new (and far better) wife, and some good career experiences, I'm in a better place now than if those bad things hadn't happened. I hope the same happens for you. I certainly found that talking about it helped me a lot at the time, so I think your blog is not only brave but very likely to be good for you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: