blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:24:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  protein shakes help
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: protein shakes help  (Read 3573 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 03:39:55 PM »

i bought some pricision engeneered strawberry

eh?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 03:46:17 PM »

FWIW Paul and this is based on minimal information so could be complete bollocks. Use water, not milk. You'll end up having too much protein if you mix with milk. If you shit more than you used to you're consuming too much so cut down.

Unless you're training very hard you don't need extra protein from powders. Just changing your regular diet to add a bit extra will more than suffice and save you a small fortune. If you are training very hard though then some supplemenation will be essential just to maintain body mass.

Don't listen to too much you read on here. It's mostly gash.

Buy a few magazines with big men on the front covers. They all have loads of articles on diet that are based on much better information than that which is available to your average poker player.

GL

Those kind of magazines you buy Matt will be of no help to Paul

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 04:02:26 PM »

FWIW Paul and this is based on minimal information so could be complete bollocks. Use water, not milk. You'll end up having too much protein if you mix with milk. If you shit more than you used to you're consuming too much so cut down.

Unless you're training very hard you don't need extra protein from powders. Just changing your regular diet to add a bit extra will more than suffice and save you a small fortune. If you are training very hard though then some supplemenation will be essential just to maintain body mass.

Don't listen to too much you read on here. It's mostly gash.

Buy a few magazines with big men on the front covers. They all have loads of articles on diet that are based on much better information than that which is available to your average poker player.

GL

Those kind of magazines you buy Matt will be of no help to Paul

But they might help him with his shakes...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 04:10:39 PM »

GL

Bugger that. you can read them all online for free (Men's health etc.)

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 04:32:06 PM »

i bought some pricision engeneered strawberry

eh?

Precision Engineered is the name of the brand.

Strawberry flavour

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
reaper30

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 11:06:45 AM »

Hi I have started trying to get into shape and been advised to drink some protein stuff to help build and repair muscles
so i bought some pricision engeneered strawberry
On the back it says mix one scoop with 125 ml of milk, water or yoghurt

but the question is how many scoops am i ment to drink?

Also do you get theshits quickly after drinking it?

This is the product
http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=100&prodid=565

Also I only bought it for 20£

Paul,
Some of the powders taste like utter shite mixed with water and some good. For in depth information about the powders google muscleforum and they have loads of info there.
There are different powders, it depends how much you want to throw yourself into the ins and outs of what they do. Normally, you would be having a shake after each training session. Then the last shake you would have would be the milk protein shake which has different amino acids which will release and replenish the body over night when you are sleeping.
I used to know lots more but haven't trained for a number of years so do check out that forum, it will help.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: