blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:17:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Lessons from our Elder: "In the Well" with Rupert  (Read 35790 times)
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #75 on: May 13, 2011, 01:47:51 AM »

Hi Rupert,

Do you think poker players whose names begin with Rup are destined for greatness?

Do you know liv and has she been in contact to congratulate you?

Are you planning a mad night out this side of the pond? What are your plans for Vegas? Are you selling action?

no, sorry

saw her at a bar the other night and she congratulated me which was nice, don't really know her that well tho

no not really, pretty fed up with lashing for now!  plans are above.  Prob gonna sell some action to close friends, maybe just in the main event though we shall see!

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: May 13, 2011, 01:48:56 AM »

Reckon you cost me €12.5k, sell a bit here next time  Grin 1% of WSOP main too if your selling pls.

Also Sov asked JC this question but he didn't reply, hope you will.

Which would you prefer 3 small eyes or one big eye ?  (if choosing the 3 eye option would you go for a mono brow or a triple archer ) ?

3 small eyes, triple archer.  can see in then right?

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: May 13, 2011, 01:51:01 AM »

Obviously you are active in the staking field, both staking and being staked

Have you ever have any bad experiences in staking? How do you minimise the risk of these?

Does your criteria for staking ever go beyond perceived ability into other factors such as friendships etc?

What premium is it reasonable for a good UK player such as yourself, Keys etc to charge for big live MTTs? Does that now go up?

Yes had couple of people grim me never more than $400.  I don't really try and minimize risk, i'm very trusting in other people.

If someone I know knows the player then that definitely increases value since less risk of grim, probs a better player etc.  Or if I know them

Depends on the tourney, I always like to think i'd buy myself at whatever markup I sell where as other sellers go for the highest price they can get.  Certainly i'd buy myself or Keys at 1.25 in just about any live tourney with more than 300 runners

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: May 13, 2011, 01:51:36 AM »

Why are you such a nice guy? I feel like my life would be easier if you were a ***** and I could hate you for winning an ept but actually I'm just happy for you, any chance you could work on this?

hahaha man I used to be the most jealous guy ever whenever someone would start getting the lot.  Not really sure what happened, probably went through a bit of live misery myself and realised how awesome it was that everyone was winning everything!  Not sure about the nice guy bit, have berated so many people on forums and irl for being idiots but don't ever seem to get called out on it.  Love a good argument over the internet about something petty!!
lol

wd on all your success lately.you seem to be really enjoying yourself playing from what ive read on your blog do you think this helps you to do better

Yeah I really love the game and do lots of hand analysis away from the table which I actually enjoy.  Def helps me do better when i'm having fun

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: May 13, 2011, 01:52:38 AM »

Which is your favourite Civilization game?

In Civilization 2 which was your favourite advisor?

What is your favourite Civilization to play as and why?

And your thoughts on Civilization V? I can't seem to get into it.

Civ 2

Econ advisor, build a stock exchange and blablabla

Civ 2, WWII scenario i've spent hours over

Yeah it's not great with the 6 way tiling takes absolutely ages for essentially the same game.

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: May 13, 2011, 01:53:40 AM »

Which is your favourite Civilization game?

In Civilization 2 which was your favourite advisor?

What is your favourite Civilization to play as and why?

And your thoughts on Civilization V? I can't seem to get into it.

Latest Civ has taken me a while to get into as well - it needed a few patches to get game balance better.

Rupert - which halls of residence were you in at Warwick? 

Cov or Leam when you lived out?

Favourite pub?

I was in Cryfield, CH3 208

Cov mostly, Kasbah being the favoured but occasionally Lava/Ignite.  Leam def a bigger Evolve fan than Smack.

Fave pub, probs the union Dirty Duck/Graduate, all the pubs in cov are generally shite

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: May 13, 2011, 01:54:38 AM »

congrats on the win!

what do your HEM stats look like?

Haven't got HEM to hand but from memory something like 25/21 with 9-10% 3b f3b 50% raise cbet 16%, fcb 40% cbet 80% (bit high!)

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: May 13, 2011, 01:55:59 AM »

Was it ever hard to motivate yourself to take the time to watch so many videos and not spending that time actually playing poker?

Highest score on Robot Unicorn attack?

Best degen story?

Never played I dont think

I sat in an NL5k game on stars w $1k and a $1k roll.  At EPT London years ago I put net worth £1k on red and lost.  Can't think of many good stories right now tho

Rupert

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: May 13, 2011, 01:56:47 AM »

Congrats

When building your roll originally, how long did you spend at lower limits before hitting 2/4,3/6,5/10?  How good was your BRM at the lower limits, did you take many shots playing higher to move up more quickly?

What do you think the biggest leaks are from pro tourney players with relatively little cash game experience in tourneys?  What is the most common leak for cash game regulars playing tourneys?

What advice would you give MTT'ers looking to switch to cash?

TY

I started with a $2k roll at NL50 once I graduated uni.  I felt pretty busto but lots of holidays and spending will do that to you.  Got up to like $4k then played NL100 for a while, don't have my HEM here but going from PTR I played like 50k hands at NL100 on party.  Then Keys/Tommo binked Estonia and I got like $10k from that and had a huge heater in December 09 when I won $30k at online MTTs.  I then played $1/2 for what seems like an eternity, probs in the region of 150k hands and started playing more live donkaments etc.  Had few hiccups, Oz '10 and Vegas '10 were expensive then just as I was moving up to 2/4 (played like 20k hands) and chopped the tilt mill for $155k which I saw like $60k of which was cool.  Then just pretty much grinded 2/4 for a while before deciding I was good enough to play 3/6 and 5/10.  I think 3/6 is significantly tougher than 2/4 though so will probs stick to 2/4-5/10 for a while.  Basically in 2 years i've gone from NL50 to NL1000.

Making really dumb bluffs with poor equity hands e.g. hand from berlin, guy opens UTG flat flat flop JTx, UTG checks, utg+1 bets, utg+2 raises, utg jams, utg+1 folds, utg+2 tank calls with 55.  Was most retarded hand ever.  UTG+2 is a stars pro fwiw and got himself in a bit of a pickle.  They also love to bluff when they are repping nothing just because they think their opponent is weak which is really good against bad players, however as long as most competent players have enough faith in an easy read then they are just burning $.  Cash game players are obv awesome in live tournies, but some of them aren't very good shortstackers and don't understand that most 20bb stacks aren't opening too light so their rejams with K4s are terrible.

Start low, play lots, watch lots of videos

hi rupert, great score, always found your analysis pretty tight to the mark. where/how often do you play cash online? how do you see the game progressing over next 12 months (post black-friday etc)? Best ever/most reliable live tell? screenames?

At the moment playing stars/tilt tho PTRs are embarassing due to huge b/e stretch on full tilt while getting lot elsewhere.

SNs

ipoker findingthetruth
party ididntsodont
stars ElRupert
tilt ArdillaRoja

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 13, 2011, 02:56:43 AM »

Which football team do u support?

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
TheFallen

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 13, 2011, 06:43:11 AM »

enjoying thread :-)

what table selection methods do you use? software wise and also selection criteria.

any idea what your turn + river agg % is in cash games. has it changed much since going from 1/2->midstakes?

thoughts on portal 2? 

Blame it on my A.D.D. baby
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 13, 2011, 07:17:52 AM »

Why are you such a nice guy? I feel like my life would be easier if you were a ***** and I could hate you for winning an ept but actually I'm just happy for you, any chance you could work on this?

hahaha man I used to be the most jealous guy ever whenever someone would start getting the lot.  Not really sure what happened, probably went through a bit of live misery myself and realised how awesome it was that everyone was winning everything!  Not sure about the nice guy bit, have berated so many people on forums and irl for being idiots but don't ever seem to get called out on it.  Love a good argument over the internet about something petty!!
Note to everyone. Rupert berated so many people for being idiots and despite my efforts to find a new pc word in his honour I will continue to call the idiots idiots.

Just one question from one of the biggest idiots on this forum.     Who is skolsupers favourite poster on here

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Sweir

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2011, 09:40:01 AM »

What % would you put on having <$50k net worth in next 7 years? Edit: just to clarify, I mean at any point in next 7 years.

Would you be happy playing poker (as pretty much sole source of income) at 50+ years old? If not then how are you planning on moving away/diversifying in the long term? What about if you had a wife and kids?

Will I ever graduate and win some actual $$$?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 13, 2011, 09:47:11 AM »

You are handling this incredibly well, Rupert, & my sincere congrats to you.

Excuse my ignorance, but from reading this, presumably you & Mr Keys are quite close friends? If so, what a duo, & what a year you are having.

I wish you both continued success, & lots of it.

Any advice for an old-school grinder?

Will you "lock up" some of your winnings in a long-term investment?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 13, 2011, 09:48:34 AM »

Congrats

When building your roll originally, how long did you spend at lower limits before hitting 2/4,3/6,5/10?  How good was your BRM at the lower limits, did you take many shots playing higher to move up more quickly?

What do you think the biggest leaks are from pro tourney players with relatively little cash game experience in tourneys?  What is the most common leak for cash game regulars playing tourneys?

What advice would you give MTT'ers looking to switch to cash?

TY

I started with a $2k roll at NL50 once I graduated uni.  I felt pretty busto but lots of holidays and spending will do that to you.  Got up to like $4k then played NL100 for a while, don't have my HEM here but going from PTR I played like 50k hands at NL100 on party.  Then Keys/Tommo binked Estonia and I got like $10k from that and had a huge heater in December 09 when I won $30k at online MTTs.  I then played $1/2 for what seems like an eternity, probs in the region of 150k hands and started playing more live donkaments etc.  Had few hiccups, Oz '10 and Vegas '10 were expensive then just as I was moving up to 2/4 (played like 20k hands) and chopped the tilt mill for $155k which I saw like $60k of which was cool.  Then just pretty much grinded 2/4 for a while before deciding I was good enough to play 3/6 and 5/10.  I think 3/6 is significantly tougher than 2/4 though so will probs stick to 2/4-5/10 for a while.  Basically in 2 years i've gone from NL50 to NL1000.

Making really dumb bluffs with poor equity hands e.g. hand from berlin, guy opens UTG flat flat flop JTx, UTG checks, utg+1 bets, utg+2 raises, utg jams, utg+1 folds, utg+2 tank calls with 55.  Was most retarded hand ever.  UTG+2 is a stars pro fwiw and got himself in a bit of a pickle.  They also love to bluff when they are repping nothing just because they think their opponent is weak which is really good against bad players, however as long as most competent players have enough faith in an easy read then they are just burning $.  Cash game players are obv awesome in live tournies, but some of them aren't very good shortstackers and don't understand that most 20bb stacks aren't opening too light so their rejams with K4s are terrible.

Start low, play lots, watch lots of videos

hi rupert, great score, always found your analysis pretty tight to the mark. where/how often do you play cash online? how do you see the game progressing over next 12 months (post black-friday etc)? Best ever/most reliable live tell? screenames?

At the moment playing stars/tilt tho PTRs are embarassing due to huge b/e stretch on full tilt while getting lot elsewhere.

SNs

ipoker findingthetruth
party ididntsodont
stars ElRupert
tilt ArdillaRoja

Cough........

PLEASE add one more!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: