blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 05:01:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  Southern Masters Live Update - Final Day
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southern Masters Live Update - Final Day  (Read 17330 times)
LeKnave

the end of days...

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 30, 2006, 07:59:33 PM »

Nice Cash Mr End... disco
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 30, 2006, 08:12:53 PM »

So with just five players left, Jeff has, as I suspected he might if his quest for the playable stack was successful, taken a nice lead...

Counts:

Tony Adderley    145,000
Hoss Parhizkar     140,000
Chris Egerton      130,000
Jeff Rogers         218,000
Scott Baker         65,000

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 30, 2006, 08:27:43 PM »

Great effort Tighty. Deserved better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 30, 2006, 08:33:47 PM »

The finalists are up and milling around, signifying a break (the clock counting down confused me momentarily until the relevance of all these new guys playing the £100 PLHE rebuy hit me).

So, to bridge the gap here are some photos of Dan and Irish Pete, who are exemplary dealers and representative of the friendly card room they've got running here (I hope you've signed up to blonde now)...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2006, 08:37:34 PM »

The blinds are now 6,000/12,000

I was kindly alerted just now to a very large hand indeed, a threeway all-in, no less.  It looked like Tony Adderley had
moved in under the gun, or at least gotten himself all in there with three clubs three diamonds - button Chris Egerton was all-in too with , while probably
rather unexpectedly Scott Baker in the big blind had taken the plunge too.  He had found at a rather handy time...
Flop: 
Turn: 
River: 

This knocked Tony Adderley down to less than the big blind, and he was all in next hand with , taken out by Hoss with his .
So, the man Tikay described yesterday as his table mentor, Tony Adderley is our 5th place finisher, winning £2,400

MrMoves
It's not the principle, it's the money

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 30, 2006, 08:42:42 PM »

Well done Mr T.

thumbs up
Wardonkey
No ordinary donkey!

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 30, 2006, 08:49:02 PM »

Well played Tighty.

EEEEEEEEEE-AAAAAAAAWWWWW
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »

Right, hand roundup (been lazily sitting behind the dealer over on the side of the room which is power-outlet free)...

Chris Egerton doubles through with pocket Nines against a non-hitting AK.  Meanwhile the chips that seemed inescapably gravitating towards Jeff and Scott are heading  back across the table -
First Scott raised on the button a not-inconsiderable amount (c.40k), and then after a very long think passed when Hoss moved in for 73k more in the small blind.

Then it was Hoss again who took a chunk off Jeff, going all-in on a board with .  Jeff held ...
Turn: 
River: 

And now it was almost instantly Jeff's turn to have a go, raising Scott's big blind and finding a push which he was really obliged to call with his A8.  It was actually not as bad as it could have been (he was up against 77) and he spiked the Eight on the river to recoup some of that earlier big loss.

Phew.  Back to the table.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 30, 2006, 09:19:50 PM »

Question:  What is the sound of six hands clapping?
Answer:  What you hear while fiddling with your internet which tells you you've just missed an elimination.

Chris Egerton finishes 4th, winning £2,700

And hot on his heels, Jeff Rogers falls in 3rd, winning £3,400 to the seemingly unstoppable Hoss Parhizkar... his hand, against a timely pair of Queens for Hoss.  New chip leader, and apparently an offer of £8,000 has been made for second (currently £6,800)...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 30, 2006, 09:32:27 PM »

....No Deal, says Scott 'the jumper' Baker.  Despite the two to one chip lead of his opponent, that doesn't sound like the greatest of deals (first place pays £13,600)

So we're a deal free zone here in Southampton, so far.  Heads up is progressing without my being able to report too much, but I'd better go and lurk just in case.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 30, 2006, 09:39:10 PM »

....No Deal, says Scott 'the jumper' Baker.  Despite the two to one chip lead of his opponent, that doesn't sound like the greatest of deals (first place pays £13,600)

So we're a deal free zone here in Southampton, so far.  Heads up is progressing without my being able to report too much, but I'd better go and lurk just in case.

Yes, we have a winner.... The two players see an flop - Hoss moves in with his flopped flush ( ), and after some consideration, Scott calls with two hearts.  A very swift wrap up placing Scott Baker in 2nd place, winning £6,800 while

Southampton player Hoss Parhizkar is the Southern Masters Champion winning £13,600

Congratulations to them both.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 30, 2006, 09:43:35 PM »

Thanks for the updates Jen. 

Get home safe.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 30, 2006, 09:45:43 PM »

It's so early!  I hardly know what to do with myself...oh, I remember, drive back to London, go shopping at the 24hr Tesco, play online for four hours an pass out over my keyboard.  It's a plan.

I don't know where the winners have gone, so I will leave you with a total non sequitur of an image - a vehicle proving that Tikay just can't do enough, the APAT, TV hosting, Being A Pro, and now, the countrywide Kendall van hire company.  Respect to you, sir.

AMJ2006

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52:07 PM »

weres TK.how much does he for his services,hehehehehehehehh  ZIPPY
AMJ2006

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 30, 2006, 09:52:55 PM »

weres TK.how much does he for his services,hehehehehehehehh  ZIPPY
charge
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: