blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 10:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272654 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Prose from a Poshboy
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1316 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prose from a Poshboy  (Read 2567118 times)
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18975 on: April 28, 2016, 05:01:56 PM »

Perhaps perhaps players could just verbalise their intent clearer i.e. 3 thousand or 300 and save themselves the grief.

Cymru am byth
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #18976 on: April 28, 2016, 05:42:57 PM »

Perhaps perhaps players could just verbalise their intent clearer i.e. 3 thousand or 300 and save themselves the grief.

But that would be sensible!

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18977 on: April 28, 2016, 06:12:34 PM »

Busted the FPS, got nothing going, dribbled down to 6k, doubled to 12 then snap ran QQ into AA.

Pretty bunged up and fluey lately, got some medicine and had to go back to the apartment and will probably stay in for the rest of the night. Good excuse to miss the satellite and focus on the Liverpool game Wink But yeh feel really ill now, and I never get ill. Hope it doesn't mess up the rest of the trip.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #18978 on: April 28, 2016, 06:23:39 PM »

Busted the FPS, got nothing going, dribbled down to 6k, doubled to 12 then snap ran QQ into AA.

Pretty bunged up and fluey lately, got some medicine and had to go back to the apartment and will probably stay in for the rest of the night. Good excuse to miss the satellite and focus on the Liverpool game Wink But yeh feel really ill now, and I never get ill. Hope it doesn't mess up the rest of the trip.

If you can't be sick on the felt, be sick in bed.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #18979 on: April 28, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »

Would you say GUkPT or FPS is softer? Goliath or FPS?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18980 on: April 28, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »

Would you say GUkPT or FPS is softer? Goliath or FPS?

GUKPT might have on average slightly worse players, but has 6/7x fewer runners so obv ROI in FPS way higher. UKIPT hugely tougher field than both.

Never played Goliath but assume thats a fair amount softer again cos isn't it a £100 buyin?

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18981 on: April 28, 2016, 06:59:46 PM »

Got 90 minutes to kill before the game starts so happy to do a Q&A if anyone has any questions for me Smiley

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18982 on: April 28, 2016, 07:09:34 PM »

what are your plans for Vegas? the all singing all dancing lads house, big schedule and long trip?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #18983 on: April 28, 2016, 07:11:12 PM »

Got 90 minutes to kill before the game starts so happy to do a Q&A if anyone has any questions for me Smiley

How much longer do you see poker as being your main 'occupation'?

Aspirations post poker?

What is the best thing/experience/skill/learning that poker has 'given' you?

What is your greatest regret about taking the route that you have?

Nothing like getting a bit serious!!

Oh, and would you rather fight twelve duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck.

Allez!!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18984 on: April 28, 2016, 07:15:38 PM »

what are your plans for Vegas? the all singing all dancing lads house, big schedule and long trip?

Not quite. I can't make it out there until the 27th June, but I'm sending a horse (PJ) out there from the 15th in my stead! First time doing that, and it's his first time in Vegas so hoping that goes well.

We are staying with Tom High (another poker playing friend) in an airbnb apartment next to the Rio.

I'll be playing the usual mixture of tournaments, cash and sngs. Hoping to buy a lot of action this year but the trouble is almost every staking proposal I see is marked up to a point that the player thinks it will sell at, rather than making sure its good value for an investor. Not crazy MUs just marked up to the point that makes it pretty much 0EV investment so I don't bother.

Also and this could be wrong, but now a lot of the best players / surviving players have done well enough that they are on their own dime now and don't sell / have a long term deal so you don't get many top pros selling percentages now.  

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18985 on: April 28, 2016, 07:26:14 PM »

How much longer do you see poker as being your main 'occupation'? Until I moved to London, I could never have given this answer, but now I think forever. Obviously who knows etc, anything can happen with this industry, but I'm more confident than ever that I will be able to make good money every year from this game for the foreseeable future.

Aspirations post poker? All family based. I.e. Have one

What is the best thing/experience/skill/learning that poker has 'given' you? Ability to get on with people from all walks of life. Confidence, independence, freedom. Reading people IRL.

What is your greatest regret about taking the route that you have? Hard question, not sure if I'm answering this the way you meant it. But things that poker doesn't allow me to do that I would like to do is mainly revolves around the unsociable hours and lack of contact with real world. Means most of my friends are poker players and I find it hard to get excited about other peoples jobs / interests. And inability to get a mortgage!

Nothing like getting a bit serious!!

Oh, and would you rather fight twelve duck-sized horses or one horse-sized duck. Duck sized horses - easy - just stamp on them, kick them away etc. Wouldn't know wtf to do with a huge duck Cheesy

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18986 on: April 28, 2016, 07:46:02 PM »

How is the Nationwide current account?  Had any issues with it moving largish sums of money around so far?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #18987 on: April 28, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »

How is the Nationwide current account?  Had any issues with it moving largish sums of money around so far?

No problems so far. I've been doing transfers of like £9k because I heard about a £10k cutoff point where transactions get flagged, and an account gets looked at, but whether that's an issue with this account I don't know.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #18988 on: April 28, 2016, 08:01:50 PM »

How is the Nationwide current account?  Had any issues with it moving largish sums of money around so far?

No problems so far. I've been doing transfers of like £9k because I heard about a £10k cutoff point where transactions get flagged, and an account gets looked at, but whether that's an issue with this account I don't know.

I tend to keep them below £10k on mine and never had any issues.   On the mortgage issue don't even waste your time asking Nationwide no matter how much money you have in their accounts they won't be interested in the slightest about offering you a mortgage even if you got a 80% cash deposit sitting in your accounts with them.  I know from experience!

I was told 'you are far too much of a risk without an income'.  Had to laugh as the only one gambling/taking a risk would be me putting up a huge % deposit.  They still weren't interested.  This was years ago as well.  Kind of explains why the banks are terrible gamblers if they think that's risky in the slightest to them.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:08:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #18989 on: April 28, 2016, 08:19:56 PM »

Strictly or Britain's Got Talent?
If you were forced to choose one.  KFC, McDonald's, jellied eels or chips and gravy?
Ever get bored of Hold Em and think about playing O8 or  mixed games?  Presumably you will get in some big games if you did.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 1264 1265 [1266] 1267 1268 1269 1270 ... 1316 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: