blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:09:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lil dave's lil life
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lil dave's lil life  (Read 220818 times)
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: November 07, 2016, 12:46:03 PM »

I'd defo recommend a job asap, it really sucks watching your savings go down way too quickly. Also it's much easier to find better work while currently in employment, easy references and plenty of box ticking that is much harder from an unemployed position. If you enjoy driving then a van/courrier/taxi/delivery etc is great for learning your way around your new city while bringing in decent money on your own time. Uber might be worth a look but Iv never investigated it so I'm only guessing.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »

very best of luck Dave
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2016, 02:30:55 PM »

I might have missed something relevant but http://www.indeed.co.uk/Restaurant-Manager-jobs-in-London has 4500 vacancies - given what you've written here about your experience in Leeds I think you'd walk into a role?

Picked one at random: https://www.caterer.com/job/restaurant-manager/first-course-recruitment-job67083265
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: November 07, 2016, 07:23:38 PM »

Punt on the darts.

Good luck Dave

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »

Shocking behaviour.

Poor Middy Sad

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Horneris
#5 BH

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: November 08, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »

OR could punt like mad on the DARTS WC, try spin a years london living up!!! ANyone got any tips?

A load of the older regulars appeared to have qualified as "International Qualifiers. These clowns may be good enough to constantly win in their country/continent but they always average something in the low 80s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_PDC_World_Darts_Championship

I'm talking about the likes of Caris, Mick McGowan, Warren Parry, Kim Viljanen (I'll excluse John Michael from this as hes quite good). I'm not talking about the likes of Sun Qiang and Gilbert Ulang as the market will expect them to be shite.

If you can get anyone under the age of 25 from Holland or England at a deece price against this lot then fucking smash it on.

Also Corey Cadby is brilliant.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2016, 09:34:57 AM »

Loving that Brent ty Smiley

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2016, 10:28:53 AM »

The problem with "getting a job" in the generic sense for me is the way im currently conditioned, I'm not a company man AT ALL, I'm self motivated and driven by self interest, you give me a great job now on £50k a year I can guarantee you in 6 months times i'll be hatching ways to do it myself and earn £80k, in order to keep me in line really you have to give me something that a) really excites me, b) I feel I am learning from c) is developing me personally, professionally etc a job that is just to pay bills, nice and safe/secure is just not something I'm prepared to do and I've come this far I can't see myself changing anytime soon.

That being said... Smiley ... strong wills and determined attitudes are all very nice but doesn't alter the fact that the bills DO STILL NEED TO BE PAID!!!!

Obviously I've enquired about restaurant sites in London to re-open my concept down there, it's way too early though, me and my friend Tom (who does all the brand-work for the FL, and every other project i ever did) have been setting out for about a month now to build a new restaurant brand based on the concept I used at the FL, the FL branding is great but was done on a budget with a not much time to really think things through (it looks great though!) this time we're going to have a whole year (maybe more) to plan and think about it, so thats a long term plan that is going to sit on the back burner for a while...

I have a real issue with "jobs" and corporate stuff, I hate the way it all works, it massive impersonal nature of it all, I think it's usually just full to the brim with inefficiency, I think that often flair and creativity is stifled in place of regiment and conformity. I'll give you a good example...

CV's - CV's are a joke, they don;t tell you anything about anything, they are posters from the past, you learn pretty much nothing about a person from their CV, what is the way anyone applies for any job? They send their CV to some recruitment women who knows fucking nothing about the job and she sifts through and decides who's right or wrong. Being able to write a good CV is the skill here, nothing to do with the job.

Everyone comes to work uses words like "para-dime" and "global incentives" such utter bullshit drives me insane. These clowns on the apprentice all love doing it because they have read some book with the words in it. I've worked for corporate restaurant businesses who say things like "our internal marketing division has identified the units major KPI's" which basically means a group of guys who have >20 hours experience between them working in a restaurant have gone through the numbers and seen what's selling, if the unit has a decent manager he could have told them in an hour minus the fancy spreadsheet.

So needless to say put me in an environment like this, and i'm just going to end up killing someone. So applying for jobs through these recruitment agencies is not for me... so I went for s different approach.

I found 3 companies i would actually really like to work for, asked about them, researched them etc and then I just got hold of the MD's number and rang them and said:

"I'm David, I've been successful in the restaurant and gambling/hospitality business for a while now up in the North, moving to London at the end of the year and looking for work, researched your company and like X Y Z about it and would love to come work with you, really feel I could learn a lot and bring something exciting to the table as well"

One asked me to send my CV to his secretary, so I'm over that guy, the other two sounded really positive and asked a bit more about my background etc and I have meetings with both of them in London, I am excited for both, forging my own way in the world Smiley FUCK THE SYSTEM...FUCK IT!

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2016, 01:12:13 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
via Imgflip Meme Generator

Cymru am byth
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2016, 01:25:38 PM »

I lolled a lot.

The older I get, the better I was.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2016, 05:00:57 PM »

Yep A++++++

fucker Smiley

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2016, 08:27:22 PM »

Gimme two years and lfg. Much love.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 13, 2016, 03:37:43 AM »

Brilliant.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2016, 11:57:30 AM »

There are positives/negatives in anything and you are free to choose what to focus on. The corporate aspect of employment is pretty minor, especially if you're in management where effectively YOU create the working environment and the attitude of your team. Every day I go to work at a lovely venue, get satisfaction from creating positive experiences for my guests, mentor a team and develop people who strive for me and respect me, I have the freedom to implement strategy, to try new ideas. I experience the rewards of making a business successful, keep my own hours, feeling of importance, working with great people, all the perks of employment like solid regular salary, bonuses, pension, healthcare, phone, laptop, car. A CV isn't bollocks because I'm also building a portfolio of experience which will guarantee future employment...just like a horse who wins lots of comps can readily command staking in the future. Every day is enjoyable. Sure thing I gotta contend with a certain amount of corporate bollocks but that is small potatoes compared to all the win available, it certainly doesn't define employment for me. I define what attitude I have and what I get from employment, it doesn't control me.

Whenever I do feel a tinge of angst about having to work I watch those programmes where in some far flung country Dad wakes up at 5am to travel a thousand miles to work before busting his balls for 12hrs at some menial job, travelling home, few hours kip and then rinse repeat for 7 days a week, just so he can put his kid through school. We are lucky as fuck to have the opportunities we do in this country and I wouldn't recommend some cock-eyed precious approach to work and moving forward in life. I would say earning £50k a year whilst planning to do it yourself for £80k isn't such a bad thing. In short I guess what I'm trying to say is...check your privilege bruv, not sure what it means but sounds appropriate.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2016, 12:11:29 PM »

^^^^

Superb post by MANTIS bloke.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: