blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 03:06:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8818 8819 8820 8821 [8822] 8823 8824 8825 8826 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13484656 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132315 on: April 03, 2018, 06:07:20 PM »

Have bet Hawkins for the World's (along with Robertson, who I put up here a while back).

He's been playing pretty well the last month or so. Had a rough start to the season but that's behind him.

Good luck.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #132316 on: April 03, 2018, 06:14:29 PM »

Makes sense to be fully tuned up for this event and the world's money wise.   These have the biggest two first prizes of the year and the rankings are a money list.  Think it's £225k for the winner in China.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #132317 on: April 03, 2018, 07:04:36 PM »

Just been looking at World Cup Top Goalscorer market. With squads still tbc, there could be some value in the Antepost prices.

Standout for me are three teams playing in weakish groups: Uruguay, Brazil and France.

Uruguay's stiffest opposition on paper is Russia. They have Egypt & Saudi Arabia against whom to score some goals, playing Russia last. So it's unlikely they'll be fielding weakened teams until perhaps the last game vs Russia when a draw might do. If they win the group, they will face either Spain or Portugal; not ideal. However, at 25/1 for both Suarez and Cavani, the prices look biggish. Suarez seems a better player than ever with Barca, and I prefer him to Cavani.

Brazil have Switzerland, Costa Rica and Serbia in their group. They are likely to face Mexico or Sweden in the first knockout round, but tbh it's hard not seeing them go all the way. Neymar at 10s looks too short, so I prefer Jesus at 20s. He's having a superb year with Citeh, and his European experience will add further weight for his inclusion in the starting lineups. He looks a likely starter and won't be short on confidence.

France face Australia, Peru and Denmark. Arguably weaker opposition than Uruguay. However their choice of starters is perhaps a little more subject to debate. Giroud was a leading scorer in qualifying, but he's been struggling for form for awhile. Was Lacazette's penalty gift at the weekend sufficient to turn his confidence around? 40s suggests it's a punt for him. Griezmann is the class act, but only available at 14s - which may well prove generous. France play one of Iceland, Croatia or Nigeria in the first knockout round. So they should progress.

Very early doors, so just a little opener to start a discussion and maybe settle on a selection or two.

EDIT:
Provisional Squads of 35 players to be announced by 14 May
Final Squad of 23 by 4 June
Prices per B366, 1/4 odds 4 places
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:14:25 PM by 4KSuited » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132318 on: April 03, 2018, 07:11:33 PM »

It's gonna go down to the wire....

Sane has some real momentum behind him and its pretty much a flip (in my eyes) between him and Sterling for YPOTY (fred has £20 on at 16/1)

Sterling is clinging on to 4th spot in the scorers charts, though he can't afford to miss many more open goals as Lukaku, Vardy and Firminho are all right in the mix to sneak in (£15 e/w at 66/1)

7 games to go and all to play for.

We'll just brush the Dele Alli top scorer bet under the carpet Wink

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132319 on: April 03, 2018, 08:12:30 PM »

It's gonna go down to the wire....

Sane has some real momentum behind him and its pretty much a flip (in my eyes) between him and Sterling for YPOTY (fred has £20 on at 16/1)

Sterling is clinging on to 4th spot in the scorers charts, though he can't afford to miss many more open goals as Lukaku, Vardy and Firminho are all right in the mix to sneak in (£15 e/w at 66/1)

7 games to go and all to play for.

We'll just brush the Dele Alli top scorer bet under the carpet Wink

Sweat on. Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132320 on: April 03, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »

The China Open draw is extremely lopsided after the defeat of Ronnie in the last 64

in the top half you have

Selby
Higgins
Ding
Wilson
Mark Williams
Mark Allen
Bingtao

in the bottom half there are 3 top 16 players

Hawkins
Robertson
Bingham

see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_China_Open_(snooker)

the bottom quarter has Hawkins as the only top 16 player

these matches are best of 11, so not too short though clearly variance is higher (Ronnie lost to Slessor 6-2) than in the world's, best of 19 even in the qualifiers

WHill offer us 9/1 1/2 1,2 currently (second favourite in the half behind Robertson, whose form has picked up too)

they are the only firm offering each way now

Hawkins hasn't had a great season but reached the final of the Welsh last time out, running all the way to the final without playing a top 16 player (parallels to the way this is shaping up) then losing to Higgins 9-7 and is running into some form ahead of the Crucible where he often "outperforms" expectations

https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/china-open/winner

suggest £25 e/w Hawkins 9-1 China Open

entirely a play on the lopsided nature of the draw, trying to hit the each way portion first

I think we should go for this Rich.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #132321 on: April 03, 2018, 08:35:13 PM »

The China Open draw is extremely lopsided after the defeat of Ronnie in the last 64

in the top half you have

Selby
Higgins
Ding
Wilson
Mark Williams
Mark Allen
Bingtao

Hawkins
Robertson
Bingham

these matches are best of 11, so not too short though clearly variance is higher (Ronnie lost to Slessor 6-2) than in the world's, best of 19 even in the qualifiers

WHill offer us 9/1 1/2 1,2 currently (second favourite in the half behind Robertson, whose form has picked up too)

Hawkins hasn't had a great season but reached the final of the Welsh last time out, running all the way to the final without playing a top 16 player (parallels to the way this is shaping up) then losing to Higgins 9-7 and is running into some form ahead of the Crucible where he often "outperforms" expectations

entirely a play on the lopsided nature of the draw, trying to hit the each way portion first

12/1 on leovegas. I can place if needed
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #132322 on: April 03, 2018, 08:44:23 PM »

http://thelonelyseason.club/match-reports/we-lost-6-2-at-home-to-yeovil

brilliant read, seems from many reports quite the freak result
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #132323 on: April 03, 2018, 09:06:57 PM »

Jeez, anyone see that Ronaldo second goal?

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132324 on: April 03, 2018, 09:13:13 PM »

Was alright. Used to do that down the local park back in the day.

How's your retirement fund looking? City 4/6 for title next season Wink

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #132325 on: April 03, 2018, 09:15:14 PM »

Hhyftrftdr about to tell you Rooney did that at Old Trafford from further out. Sorry I beat you to it.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #132326 on: April 03, 2018, 09:19:45 PM »

Trevor Sinclair for QPR will always be the nut overhead kick for me.

Didn't come off his shin either Wink

Best Bitter.
teddybloat

View Profile
« Reply #132327 on: April 03, 2018, 09:39:21 PM »

Pure class from the juve crowd. What do you think was behind it. Quality goal, but as Mr constanant observed above it's nothing that hasn't been done by a journeyman player.

Was such a overwhelming response, can't remember seeing it before, esp in what is usually a hostile ground.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #132328 on: April 03, 2018, 09:56:01 PM »

137 teams have played in the Champions League.

Cristiano Ronaldo has outscored 117 of them.

365 are useful sometimes Smiley

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #132329 on: April 03, 2018, 10:09:26 PM »

in the top half you have

Selby
Higgins
Ding
Wilson
Mark Williams
Mark Allen
Bingtao

Hawkins
Robertson
Bingham

12/1 on leovegas. I can place if needed

Let me know by morning.
Pages: 1 ... 8818 8819 8820 8821 [8822] 8823 8824 8825 8826 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: