blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:20:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2017-18 season
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 77 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2017-18 season  (Read 199217 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: September 25, 2016, 11:44:58 PM »

whats the record for plays without a turnover ?
he must of been close before i just jinxed him

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: September 25, 2016, 11:46:26 PM »

Well over 200 IIRC

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: September 25, 2016, 11:47:43 PM »

Well over 200 IIRC

Pass attempts without an INT is 335

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-consecutive-pass-attempts-without-an-interception-by-an-nfl-quaterback/

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 26, 2016, 12:04:34 AM »

not expecting that i was meaning how many plays without turning the ball over to start a career, so far no fumble or INT

touch wood

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: September 26, 2016, 09:59:50 AM »

Weird night last night. I've caught tighty in the prediction league though.

Cards and Steelers shafted most of my bets. The Browns did what the Browns do and somehow managed to lose when winning was easier. Not sure what happened with Drake in the Miami run game.
The Titans managed to throw away at least overtime with their center smashing into some guys as the play was blown dead. Ridiculous choice by him and one other guy.
 Bengals bummed by the Broncos but dropped 3 ints and a few easy catches. Been unable to run it all season then somehow managed against the best defence in the league. Very frustrating but they've got a much easier slate coming now starting on Thursday with the Dolphins. Hill scored a couple for my top td scorer bet anyway
The Ravens and Jags shared the worst 2 mins of football you'll ever see with 3 ints in 4 attempts (or so it seemed on redzone anyway)
Wilson has an mcl sprain for the Seahawks. Not sure if that affects his participation next week or not.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: September 26, 2016, 12:15:54 PM »

As my comment seems to be thrown back at me each weekend

Wentz played one pre-season game, the intention was to sit him for a year and let him mature as the Eagles felt he was not ready

then Bridgewater got injured and the Eagles, who had given up multiple picks in a very ballsy move to get Wentz in the draft, were offered a first round pick for Bradford. This was a no-brainer to accept, get the first round pick lost to get Wentz back and this committed themselves (they thought) to starting Wentz and taking the growing pains

As it happens that trade, although early days, looks like a win win as Bradford can do enough for the Vkes alongside that fantastic defense to ensure they are competitive

Wentz has looked brilliant and for any NFL franchise its better to be lucky than clever. If Bridgewater hadn't got injured....

As it is the Eagles were ballsy in April and are reaping the rewards now, though at 3-0 as much credit needs to be given to Schwartz's defense which is playing light years ahead of last year

Generally, with Wentz, Dak, Brissett etc its good to see some young QB talent coming through and beginning to replace some NFL re-treads

this was interesting

Through 3 games:

Carson Wentz: 66/102 (64.7%) 769 yds, 5 TDs (5 pass), 0 INTs
Dak Prescott: 66/99 (66.7%) 767 yds, 3 TDs (1 pass), 0 INTs

Dak's under contract for 4 years at a 4th rounder rookie salary too. Not the player Wentz is (wouldn't appear to have that cannon of am arm) but encouraging nonetheless.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: September 27, 2016, 01:03:14 AM »

Only teasing you tighty.

I won't mention it again.

Until next week at the earliest Smiley

Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: September 27, 2016, 05:36:16 AM »

Painful watching the saints defense tonight..
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: September 27, 2016, 10:50:04 AM »

As my comment seems to be thrown back at me each weekend

Wentz played one pre-season game, the intention was to sit him for a year and let him mature as the Eagles felt he was not ready

then Bridgewater got injured and the Eagles, who had given up multiple picks in a very ballsy move to get Wentz in the draft, were offered a first round pick for Bradford. This was a no-brainer to accept, get the first round pick lost to get Wentz back and this committed themselves (they thought) to starting Wentz and taking the growing pains

As it happens that trade, although early days, looks like a win win as Bradford can do enough for the Vkes alongside that fantastic defense to ensure they are competitive

Wentz has looked brilliant and for any NFL franchise its better to be lucky than clever. If Bridgewater hadn't got injured....

As it is the Eagles were ballsy in April and are reaping the rewards now, though at 3-0 as much credit needs to be given to Schwartz's defense which is playing light years ahead of last year

Generally, with Wentz, Dak, Brissett etc its good to see some young QB talent coming through and beginning to replace some NFL re-treads

this was interesting

Through 3 games:

Carson Wentz: 66/102 (64.7%) 769 yds, 5 TDs (5 pass), 0 INTs
Dak Prescott: 66/99 (66.7%) 767 yds, 3 TDs (1 pass), 0 INTs

Dak's under contract for 4 years at a 4th rounder rookie salary too. Not the player Wentz is (wouldn't appear to have that cannon of am arm) but encouraging nonetheless.

Pretty much agree with what Tighty says here, although I think it was always unlikely that Bradford would have seen out the season as the starting QB.  Given his earlier attempt to get traded, he was pretty unpopular with the supporters so you could see a scenario where a couple of poor games would lead to them pushing for Wentz to start, making things pretty uncomfortable for everyone concerned.

As it happened, we hit the jackpot with the trade and (so far) have had the bonus of seeing Wentz play very well in a season that we'd pretty much written off as a development year for him.  It may well still turn out that way, so I'm keeping expectations low for now.  However, I doubt very much that we'd be 3-0 if Bradford had been the starting QB.

As Tighty mentioned, the signing of Jim Schwartz has been huge for us.  He's aggressive in his philosophy so may finally be the replacement for the late Jim Johnson that we've failed to find to date.

I have to admit that I like the look of Prescott too for the Cowboys, albeit he's had less of a weight of expectation behind him.  It'll be intriguing to see how both perform over the next few games as it's hard to judge them on only 3 games.  Sterner tests will come as opposing coaches accumulate more footage on them and start to plan around their specific weaknesses.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2016, 05:15:35 PM »

Painful watching the saints defense tonight..

As a saints fan.. yup.. they are hideous.. consoled myself with the overs total.. saints over 27.5.. and brees over 324.5... as they say scoopio !

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: September 30, 2016, 01:09:27 AM »

"Denver is playing like a world champion in large part because quarterback Trevor Siemian is playing like Peyton Manning.

Just compare Siemian's first three games this season to Manning's first three games last season.

Through three games in 2016, Siemian has thrown for five touchdowns, three interceptions and 756 yards.

Through three games last season, Manning threw for five touchdowns, three interceptions and 755 yards."

Quality stat from ESPN.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2016, 01:24:52 AM »

Siemian has been good, but Wentz and Prescott have been unbelievable

CW 66-102-5-0 103.8
DP 66-99-1-0 93.3

Unprecedented for two rookies to start like this surely.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2016, 05:20:41 AM »

Thank God Eifert is back next week. Bengals unable to convert in the red zone. They completely dominated this match and had to settle for 5 Fgs after the first quarter Green . Green was at 123 yards and a touch in the first half.

Still virtually unable to run the ball as well which is a worry. Hill 71 yards. At just under 3 a carry but no penetration really, had 2 attempts from 5 yards for the td bet and got nowhere, in fairness they rushed the second one because I think Dalton was worried about a potential fumble being reviewed. He's looking better than last year as a runner, nowhere near as much stuttering but they're just not making any gaps for him

5 sacks on Tannenhill. Bengals only had to rush 4 all night and got through that beaten up Dolphins o line.

All in all. Easy win for the Bengals but could of been by 40 if they could convert. Cowboys then Pats up next. I forgot how shit their schedule is this year.

the sicilian

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2016, 01:42:23 PM »

betting a nice perfect storm spot for a flyer today :

Melvin gordon san diego 2 or more td's doubled with denver sanders and/or andersons 2 or more td...

my beloved saints cannot defend especially the run... and tampa just love to give up points too...both teams bottom of the points conceded column... saints game could develop into the wild west show...and denvers ferocious deense should give their offense the ball plenty of times.... all 3 guys in good form and will look to feast on these defenses

example gordon/sanders double is a tempting 48-1 Smiley

Just because you don't like it...... It doesn't mean it's not the truth
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »

Gordon seems like a gimme. But at 7/2 it's pretty short for what it is. Should come in against the Saints. But very short for what is needed.

I'd be taking personally of the 3 Denver threats. And Sanders over Thomas is you wanted one of the Wrs

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 ... 77 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: